Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 297

HagenXXV

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#221 Post by HagenXXV » 13 Sep 2021 15:53

flight50 wrote: 12 Sep 2021 19:59 The first two pics are completely wrong. Flatbeds don't haul equipment. That needs to be a lowboy, tilt trailer or double stepdeck. Even step decks can have ramps but a standard flatbed is not right.

Those 6x6's, are never loaded sided ways if I'm not mistaken. I have unloaded many trucks on Sunday's when I worked lumber at Home Depot. I have seen my dimensional lumber loads on the roads. Lumber is always loaded the length of the trailer, not the width of tge trailer.

Those static trailers are becoming pretty false nowadays. TruckerDog even chimed in before and said report it.
True, but I think that Quality Control has other priorities in terms of solving certain details reported by other users, such as the flashing lights of the flat trailers, the flashing lights of the cascadia that illuminate the interior of the cabin, the ambient light that enters through the 72-inch roof of the cascadia and the special work from Riverton to Yellowstone, when that is solved, I will make the respective reports.
flight50

#222 Post by flight50 » 23 Sep 2021 15:57

https://blog.scssoft.com/

Perfect. Very nice addition to both games. This is a great start to adding more cargo and even better is that the content is licensed. No need to hide logos, need a mod for logos, change colors or design. Licensed is official and legit cooperation between 2 or more companies that came to terms. Nice SCS. I look forward to more opportunities such as this. I different have my mind set to a few that could work for ATS for sure. I don't know European brands but I'm sure there are equals to what my mind is thinking.
Bedavd

#223 Post by Bedavd » 23 Sep 2021 18:39

Since these are paid DLC's 9as they should be) rather than free updates, these licensed cargos also wont replace the old generic versions we have at the moment. Obviously we get new machines like the articulated dump truck, but anything that has a generic counterpart we'll now have two "versions" of that same cargo. This isn't a bad thing, but it does mean SCS still has to maintain those machines and ensure they don't fall into licensing issues with them like the green tractors before they changed the colors. If we ever got a John Deere or New Holland DLC for farming equipment, the older cargos will likely stay so people without the DLC can still use them.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#224 Post by flight50 » 23 Sep 2021 18:50

Exactly. That is the cargo diversity I'm always screaming about. Same category, same cargo but different in appearance. I'd rather haul 3 wheel loaders from 3 different manufacturers than haul the exact same wheel loader 3 different times. Change the color the brand, the assembly on the trailer or something. Variety in 3d cargo goes a long ways.
howey

#225 Post by howey » 24 Sep 2021 00:26

Pretty happy overall with the DLC the only things that would of made it even better IMO is if they included a large crawler excavator as well for the variety like the EC530-550E as an example. Though I do think they missed an opportunity not including any rigid haulers. The R100E would of been great for a special transport job at least, that and the MUTT one at least gives you more options anyway.

As far as other brands goes I have already been thinking that Krone would be next one as they have have a relationship with them, they have quite the variety of Agricultural equipment and we do know that SCS went and visited Krone again earlier this year and I have a hunch that it wasn't just about the trailer's.
HagenXXV

#226 Post by HagenXXV » 24 Sep 2021 01:07

I think that with Texas or Montana, there will be a DLC of agricultural cargo, John Deere should enter, I was also checking and John Deere Group has a great diversity of machines, the forestry machinery that we have in the game for example, they have some models and they look almost the same:

[ external image ]

They are also owners of WIRTGEN, which in turn are part of Vogele and Hamm. If this alliance is achieved, they could perfectly make another game.

[ external image ]
Jacksonshaulage1

#227 Post by Jacksonshaulage1 » 24 Sep 2021 01:51

John deere won't come to both games lol
Madkine
Global moderator

#228 Post by Madkine » 24 Sep 2021 02:32

Maybe instead of just dropping disparaging comments, you could provide properly thought out feedback.

For example:

I don't beleive John Deere will come to both games because ....
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Jacksonshaulage1

#229 Post by Jacksonshaulage1 » 24 Sep 2021 03:07

Oh sorry
Ludo Diabolo

#230 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 24 Sep 2021 05:59

I doubt I'll ever see John Deere in one of the games , already before coming to the FARMING Simulator game , which concerns them more than the truck game , they took 8 years to license it to GIANT .
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.

Return to “General discussion about the game”