Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 298

SmokeyWolf

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#11 Post by SmokeyWolf » 22 Mar 2021 17:02

You can delivery scrap, ore, and coal to a steel plant. I have done it.
BattlePeasant
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Galaxy The Milky Way, Solar System, Earth

#12 Post by BattlePeasant » 22 Mar 2021 18:12

By the way, when coal is coked, a lot of chemicals are obtained. They can be delivered to a chemical plant. One source of raw materials for the chemical industry already exists, these are oil refineries, and coke ovens can be added to this.
More chrome for the god of chrome.
clifflandmark

#13 Post by clifflandmark » 22 Mar 2021 19:27

I'm the tourist one :D

It does not mean I'm not interested in hauling.We need sequence for priorities.

Detailed Map (Airports, bigger cities (at least like Las Vegas), real stations and specific places, national parks and forests, scenic towns, real landforms, mountains, vegetation) > Bigger Map > Trucks-AI Vehicles > Industry > ... > extreme and special cargoes that seen 1/1.000.000.000

How often do you see a XB-70 towing in highway ?

[ external image ]
flight50

#14 Post by flight50 » 23 Mar 2021 00:26

To me, a dedicated cargo team can mean paid dlc in the form of industry packs. But, that is not always the case with all cargo either. Some people don't want to pay SCS for their hard work for to get extra content. There are people in the ATS flatbed thread that actually said just that. 40 people to be exact. 40 that want the extra content but refuse can't to spend $3, smh. Some expect all cargo to be free/core content. Not everything can be free my fellow comrades. When a new dlc brings in a new industry, that is core content. Yes, that cargo should be free.

Once an industry is established and people start mentioning what they want to see or get added, that is when things can go beyond core in most cases. Prime example, the oil/gas industry. The way it is that's all we get. Maybe some new tanker cargoes but that's easy def files. Def files can pretty much be core content/free. But when you get to large machinery and components that are not necessary to play with and takes 3d modeling, that is extra. I'd gladly pay for additional cargo for industries like construction, forestry, oil/gas, farming, etc. If I can double the amount of cargo I can play with, heck yeah. I'm all over that. I don't have an issue paying for things I want. I don't expect free things. I like to pay for what I want if it comes at the hands of some else's hard work.

I don't know how many more mappers or map teams SCS is planning for ATS but it would be nice to get someone focusing on cargo and not have it be a back burner type thing. Once Texas and the base map rebuild is done, things will move even faster for ATS. ATS needs to be profitable though and cargo is another avenue to increase revenue.
clifflandmark

#15 Post by clifflandmark » 23 Mar 2021 01:10

In case of misunderstanding, I want to explain what I meant.

What I'm against is not a cargo team, slow progress is getting slower if manpower divided.Unless SCS hires new people for new projects, progress is getting slower.

W=P.t (W:Work P:Power t:Time)

If we increase W without increasing P, t increases. we want "t" to decrease.
flight50

#16 Post by flight50 » 23 Mar 2021 04:32

My comment is a general post. I posted after you but its not directed at you @clifflandmark. I posted my comment because I saw the 4 that said no. When I looked last, no one said no yet. Unfortunately, its looks like the poll ended already. It wasn't an infinite poll.
HagenXXV

#17 Post by HagenXXV » 23 Mar 2021 05:31

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but in the latest DLC's I've seen new loads that you can't use :roll: but that I'd love to see come as additional content, obviously I pay to make everyone happy ;)

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

If anyone has seen more of these loads, please post them so that we can get our hopes up :D
flight50

#18 Post by flight50 » 23 Mar 2021 16:16

Oh there are plenty of props in the environment that can be loads that are not. The way I see it, is that if its in the game on a prefab, a truck probably delivered it. So make it cargo so that we can haul it. Its already modeled...why can't it be cargo? Some need better textures or better model but still, a lot can be cargo as is.

@HagenXXV Honestly, I've been wanting to do a thread specifically for what you just said........find stuff in the game and ask it to be cargo. I've been saving a few things out when I come across them to post but never got around to posting them. I can't find them but here are a few.

From the Wyoming blog
construction equipment
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

crawler tracks
[ external image ]

Cargoes from ETS2
US stacked trailers instead. viewtopic.php?p=1125716#p1125716
[ external image ]

building materials
I-beams viewtopic.php?p=1008265#p1008265
[ external image ]

bricks
[ external image ]

cinder blocks
[ external image ]

rebar
[ external image ]

train industry (Wyoming is bringing the train industry)
bogies viewtopic.php?p=1134043#p1134043
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

engines
[ external image ]

headers
[ external image ]

wooden pallets (on flatbeds) not just vans
[ external image ]

storage containers - viewtopic.php?p=1090773#p1090773
[ external image ]

wind turbines parts - no blades, no rotor, no crane body/crane boom, crane tracks, no longer tower parts
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Zeyadtarek952

#19 Post by Zeyadtarek952 » 23 Mar 2021 18:02

@flight50 really good ideas, I agree with that

I would certainly pay some $ to get better loads for my flatbed, literally I haul same stuff with flatbed and really got bored lowboy have more variety than flatbeds

And ets2 have way more loads idk why ats doesnt
flight50

#20 Post by flight50 » 23 Mar 2021 19:58

I don't know why both games don't just use this one enormous cargo data base and pull from it. Some models are shared, like some construction equipment but not all. Def files........they only have 2d images. Its not as difficult to create def file cargo. They are the easiest to share. Sharing cargoes is one of the easiest things to do for both game across the board.

Return to “General discussion about the game”