Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 297

flight50

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#51 Post by flight50 » 28 Mar 2021 23:06

I'm talking about versatility in cargo, not weight. But any cargo you can haul on a standard flatbed, you can haul on a stepdeck but everything that can go on a step deck can not be hauled on a standard flatbed. That drop makes a huge difference in what each trailer can haul and that is why step decks are more versatile.
SmokeyWolf

#52 Post by SmokeyWolf » 29 Mar 2021 01:41

@flight50 a lot of shippers that load flatbeds will not load a step deck. But for game purposes it doesn't matter.
flight50

#53 Post by flight50 » 29 Mar 2021 03:18

Lol. Oh really. That's funny. Depends on industry though. Sounds like they are incompetent more than anything or just flat out lazy. The step decks I see are typically building material or equipment. The only issue I see with loading a stepdeck is loading the top deck. You have to brace it with supports to level out the load, strap it down at multiple points and call it a day. If you don't load the top deck, the step deck shouldn't be much different than a standard flatbed other than the smaller rear tires on the trailer. I see plenty of stepdeck references though so surely somebody is loading them.
SmokeyWolf

#54 Post by SmokeyWolf » 29 Mar 2021 04:53

That is where load levelers come in handy at. Not so much incompetent or laziness, just the way it goes. For one the step deck is considered a specialty trailer so they would have to pay a much higher rate to load it on a step deck versus a flatbed.
flight50

#55 Post by flight50 » 16 Apr 2021 02:39

From Wyoming's latest blog........here are a few more wishes for cargo to haul. If its on the scene, lets haul it.

These axles look very detailed with a nice poly count. They look very cargo worthy to me.
[ external image ]

From the wire coils, the concrete slabs, to the rail road ties to the tubes. The wooden pallets and the bobcat have already been mentioned. Even the silos can be Heavy Haul. I even see a generator than can be cargo. There are various generators that can be cargo too.
[ external image ]
Gootho717

#56 Post by Gootho717 » 16 Apr 2021 09:35

I voted yes on the poll - particularly for the flatbed trailer (for more cargo variety).
[ external image ]
Gootho Transportation - My WoTr Profile
howey

#57 Post by howey » 16 Apr 2021 10:15

Haven't posted anything on my own thread since I created it until now (how bad am I) :lol: but i have read all of the post and do appreciate all of the feedback thus far. I can understand the reasons on why people don't want a team and I respect that.

Though I am confused about what Madkine said that i'm confusing structure with output. If anything it's confusing that they haven't put the output in place with more cargo with the structure which is the Industries to benefit them more. WIth more industries coming into the game with each state is just pushing the point even more to make the Industries, States and even the game more appealing to the average gamer. WIthout cargo or limited variety or cargo the industries themselves are limited to their potential, freight management is a key player in this as well as like people have said multiple industries can be involved or co-operate with each other to develop a raw material into a finish product or a product that gets built through different stages using different industries to help achieve the final result.

As @flight50 has mentioned in the latest Wyoming blog there are plenty of suitable freight that can be hauled on flatbed as well as any trailers that are currently suitable in game to haul. Why go to the effort of making them a placeholder in the game when they could be hauled on a trailer as well, there are plenty of examples of these placed all over the map at different locations and companies. With more new industries & companies coming to Wyoming as well as Texas and future DLC's the requirement of new cargo to me becomes more relevant to benefit it. As people have said they are also sitting on a extra money maker here depending on how they utilize it by creating extra trailer/freight DLC's in certain areas of freight production/hauling imo.
Madkine
Global moderator

#58 Post by Madkine » 16 Apr 2021 11:25

By structure I meant team structure. As fans we don't really care what their internal team structures look like. What we care about is what they deliver as a company.
That's why I think you're asking the wrong question.

The question is actually more along the lines of "Should SCS be more focused on cargo". Having a specific cargo team or not is irrelevant.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
flight50

#59 Post by flight50 » 16 Apr 2021 13:10

^I think they are one in the same though. Focusing on cargo would be the result of a dedicated cargo team. Right now, no one really cares to put effort into ATS cargo. Who ever is in cargo of this aspect isn't putting enough focus there. Members of the vehicle team get pulled here or pulled there. They do as told. If no one is telling them to focus on cargo, they're not going to do it. It hire up than them and someone is forgetting about the main point of the game in ATS. 1-2 people to focus on cargo shouldn't be too much. SCS could even hire external 3d modelers to do that. The world is working remotely anyways. Get a modeler and someone to make def files and attach them to trailers....2 people and call it a day. Barely a dent in the vehicle team. If they can hire a team to focus on events or a person to focus on paint skins, they can hire someone to take care of cargo. A much needed aspect of the game compared to skins or events. Annie just focuses on 2d graphics and its making a world of difference. The senior truck modelers, I'm sure they perhaps just model trucks and now we got almost a double digit truck roster in ATS. The map team just designs maps......some dedicated positions are worth the effort. The main point of the game is to transport cargo and ATS is seriously limited in those regards. Imho, we could at the least get 2-3 new cargoes per updates but not even that happens. Def files or 3d model for open deck trailers, doesn't really matter. The cargo roster should be much hire.

Its disappointing to see the effort in one game but not the other if both games are suppose to get the same development efforts. There are some of us that just doesn't feel this way. I love how deep ETS2 is. The cargo, the depots, the industries....they are much much better in ETS2 than in ATS for whatever reason. Sure there is an age difference so one game will have more, but at least show the effort to cover ground. Pretty much like they are showing effort to build a larger ATS truck roster.

The ATS map is seriously growing and more industries are coming like @howey stated. Once Texas releases, maps will really flow. Texas alone is huge and should demand a significant amount of new. New cargo, new prefabs, new industries....It would be a big disappointment to not see enough new in Texas mixed in with the old when every new ETS2 maps gets new companies galore along with new cargo to match. With some new companies, new cargo is a must. Whether added industry or expanded one.....more cargo is needed. People that have played since 2016 see very little new vs someone new to the game. The def files are the easiest cargoes to make yet they are as stiff as a board with new. Both ATS and ETS2 should be sharing cargo and even some prefabs more than what they do. If something plugs in, use it. Why build so separately when both games are created under the same roof.
dkasper00

#60 Post by dkasper00 » 16 Apr 2021 19:54

Flatbed cargo and distribution needs to be improved.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.

Return to “General discussion about the game”