Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 298

flight50

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#81 Post by flight50 » 04 Jun 2021 18:42

^Actually that was on purpose. I posted a video around here somewhere on it. I'll try to find the link.

edit. Here it is

viewtopic.php?p=1450437#p1450437
HagenXXV

#82 Post by HagenXXV » 04 Jun 2021 21:20

I went back in time to remember the origins of the game and found interesting images, Glasson already had a logo in the game, I arrived in 2019, I would like to ask the old timers if at some point these companies and trailers were in the game and what happened to them.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Tristman

#83 Post by Tristman » 04 Jun 2021 21:57

Glasson, Zereva Clinical and Lumber Jill are companies that can be found in the game files, but were never actually featured as deliverable companies. Now with the Texas blog post, it becomes possible that Glasson finally gets some representation.

Zereva Clinical could also still be a future company we can haul goods for. It has a couple of scenic buildings in the game already, but there is no medical company we can deliver for/to.

Lumber Jill is the least certain, since it might have been replaced by Deepgrove. As it remains in the game files, there is still a chance that it is added later on in the game’s development as a competitor or maybe Eastern US counterpart to Deepgrove.
flight50

#84 Post by flight50 » 04 Jun 2021 22:13

Exactly. Neither has every made it as a depot in the game. I am okay with that Glasson's logo or Annie can come up with something much better. But keep the name for sure. I like the name. Zereva Clinical may never see the light of day. We need the Medical industry in ATS and I am not sure that it can fit as hospitals in the US can be quite large. We have some now but they are only scenic and that might be how they stay. Especially as we push East. There are so many other industries I'm sure that can come that Medical gets squeezed out. Lumber Jill, yeah that's the name, lol. Not Jack & Jill. Anywho, I'd love to see it with Texas. If it can take over for Deepgrove that adds diversity for the logging industry.
howey

#85 Post by howey » 05 Jun 2021 06:02

I remember people speaking about Lumber Jill in the past but personally can't remember ever seeing it in game. Same with the other 2 companies mentioned. After reading the Texas blog today like Flight mentioned having the glass industry mentioned in the blog as well with more info about the oil industry does verbally mean interesting BUT i'm very skeptical on if that will translate and deliver what they say in the blogs onto the game itself.

They have mentioned products and produce in blogs relating to what Idaho & Colorado industries have to deliver but when the finish result came we got bugger all to show for it, at best a couple of converted models from ETS 2 which does result in something but unfortunately not enough. The biggest thing they have to do when creating blogs imo is watch really how they word it and stop misleading people when it comes to a touchy subject like cargo for instance. For example they mentioned various crops and produce in a Idaho industry blog but only got corn out of it. To me Wyoming will be the test on if SCS have taken note on what we have said about the cargo issue and do implement something or not for it only time will tell.
flight50

#86 Post by flight50 » 05 Jun 2021 13:36

^YESSSSSS. The past two dlc's was horrible when it comes to matching the blogs. I talked about the cargo and talked about the cargo and talked about the cargo, getting excited what's to come and at the end of the day, its like I was in the wrong for hyping something that SCS put in their own official blogs. How can I be in the wrong for something they said? I was SUPER disappointed in the lack of cargo for the past 2 dlc's that the blogs said we get. We are down a solid half dozen cargoes iirc based on what the blog said we should have. So yes @howey has a great point on SCS needs to be careful how they words stuff. If Wyoming fails this go around, that will be 3 straight dlc's in which the blogs did not live up to what was said. At the end of the day, when the official blogs says xyz, we the fans, the paying customers expecting it. At least those of us that care about cargo. The cargo we should have based on the blogs is not even 3d models. Even the hopper or dumper cargo is basically a texture inlaid inside an open top trailer. We should have at least another 3-4 dozen cargoes since paid dlc's have kick in which was 2017. That was almost 4 years ago. So per year with all the cargoes, that is only 12 cargoes a year....1 new cargo a month is that avg. When I say cargoes, I speak of def files, texture files and 3d models. Lots of cargos out there that don't even violate copyright issues.

The diversity in cargo will need to be a focus at some point for ATS. I hope sooner than later. I love this game to pieces and most people know that but I find it difficult to play longer hrs like I want because the ICCs just are not where I thought they'd be at this point. Most people that use owned trailers like to stick with a particular type of trailer for their trucking as if they are an O/O with that setup. People want a lot more for that trailer than what we have. I'll admit that its disappointing with each dlc that comes out and the cargo do not expand with the dlc. IMHO, each dlc should bring at least a handful of new cargo each time. It can be one new cargo for each trailer type in the game or it can be a handful with a certain trailer/industry......but something has to come. I'd rather go to one truck a year and the devs focus on trailers and their cargo. One truck a year is still better than what we had from 2016-2018 before we finally got the VNL.
HagenXXV

#87 Post by HagenXXV » 05 Jun 2021 18:06

I remember when they mentioned cattle ranching in colorado.

Wyoming will bring new developments in the railroad industry, the rest will remain the same, very nice scenery and the longed for I80. on the other hand I think Texas will bring a lot of content, a Peterbilt tuning package, cattle trailers, oil and new industries. Here SCS can break records of monetary income, when a map DLC comes out, it always reaches the top of sales on Steam, if you accompany it with extra content such as agricultural machinery you can have more money (I would like to know how was the level of sales of forestry machinery).

Charge me what you want, but give me new loads, I beg you, I can't stand to carry tractor plows on a 53 ft trailer anymore. :(
flight50

#88 Post by flight50 » 06 Jun 2021 06:43

^Most definitely. I am seriously hoping that Texas can bring an industry dlc. The forestry dlc was great but its time for another one. Texas has 3 options that works in my opinion. Oil/gas industry, construction industry or the agricultural industry. Each of those an bring a lot of cargo. There is a good chance Texas comes with a owned trailer of some sort. But what all it comes with is to be determined.
SmokeyWolf

#89 Post by SmokeyWolf » 07 Jun 2021 12:14

The medical industry is really big on the east coast.
flight50

#90 Post by flight50 » 07 Jun 2021 14:02

Yeah and the East coast will already be compressed as is. Depends on what all they are planning for it industry wise. I'm all for adding more industries in ATS so I wouldn't turn it away. If the devs can get it in cool. But they must add it to the entire map. Its not a regional thing, its national. I'd love to seem them open up the doors with cargo though. There is a lot to come and not just medicine. There is gases, equipment, bedding.......I'm sure there's a solid dozen or more cargoes for the medical industry.

Return to “General discussion about the game”