Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 297

HagenXXV

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#121 Post by HagenXXV » 12 Jul 2021 04:40

I made a trip from Idaho Falls to Salmon and found many interesting things along the way, the one that amazed me the most was the trailer with empty pallets, I could swear it was not there before, I found it in Farmer's Barn of Salmon.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

(new tractor)

[ external image ]

Plus I'm sure the map is changing (what is known as dynamic) with every little update that comes along, I have fleeting memories but I saw a car dealership across from the Raton repair shop and it wasn't there before and I think in Wenatchee there is also a new gas station that used to have the coming soon sign (although you can't use it, it's decorative only).
Ludo Diabolo

#122 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 12 Jul 2021 07:21

It's nice to see that it's evolving, but what does it have to do with the subject of cargo ?
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
Jatruck

#124 Post by Jatruck » 12 Jul 2021 09:53

Seems they are testing rigids. :D ;)
harishw8r

#125 Post by harishw8r » 12 Jul 2021 13:19

Yeah, the map is evolving for sure, I could confirm about the Ellensburg Gallon station too.
supersobes
Global moderator

#126 Post by supersobes » 12 Jul 2021 15:16

It looks like someone placed the dumpster map asset on the back of a truck to make it look like a roll-off truck.
howey

#127 Post by howey » 13 Jul 2021 00:41

LudoModding wrote: 12 Jul 2021 07:21 It's nice to see that it's evolving, but what does it have to do with the subject of cargo ?
What he's is trying to present from what I understand is more examples of cargo to haul on flatbed and lowboy trailers at least that are already in game as placeholders which I totally agree with and pic 3 is another company example listed but isn't part of the game.

There are plenty of different cargoes that are loaded on trailers already as placeholders and a few of us don't understand why they aren't converted to cargo to haul. 90% of it is already done why not finish that remaining 10%?

Though pic 2 is interesting find, never seen that before in game unless it is a mod of some sort.
supersobes
Global moderator

#128 Post by supersobes » 13 Jul 2021 01:04

It's not a mod. It's a regular semi truck with a dumpster sat on top of its fifth wheel.

[ external image ]
lamar326g

#129 Post by lamar326g » 13 Jul 2021 01:41

Now who ever placed that dumpster on this W900 should be ashamed of themself (it seems like such a lazy attempt). I certainly hope this isn’t a trend—hopefully proper dump trucks will be configured for simple background assets.
HagenXXV

#130 Post by HagenXXV » 13 Jul 2021 02:01

I believe that any kind of different embellishment is always welcome. (I'm serious, I couldn't believe it when I saw that flatbed trailer with empty pallets.) I see this thread as a feedback for someone in SCS to take into account some of our comments for future development of the game, although they are rare, they are appreciated. I am currently only using the Smarty rim pack as I am looking forward to 1.41 but I would like to extend the invitation to take a trip (patiently) from Idaho Falls to Salmon, looking at each side of the road, hopefully in daylight. :D the main idea is to show the findings of unpublished things related to cargo models and types of cargo; my pc is low end, probably the graphics card does not process the 3D objects of many things because of the configuration I have, maybe someone with a better PC can find better things in that part of the map.

Return to “General discussion about the game”