Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 297

howey

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#131 Post by howey » 14 Jul 2021 01:07

@supersobes oh ok no worries thanks in that case. Wonder why I did that then cause like Lamar said it does look abit odd on how it is setup.
HagenXXV

#132 Post by HagenXXV » 22 Jul 2021 22:43

I was on my way from Las Vegas to Fresno and after passing through death valley, I came across this:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I think ultimately the Bobcat has to be transported on a flatbed trailer in the future, we already have the construction machinery dealer (HMS Machinery) we just need to add this product to their catalog, just like the Forklift (picture 1) or a grader.
supersobes
Global moderator

#133 Post by supersobes » 22 Jul 2021 23:18

Why is the skid loader in a dumpster? That doesn't make any sense. How did it get in there? :lol:
HagenXXV

#134 Post by HagenXXV » 22 Jul 2021 23:33

supersobes wrote: 22 Jul 2021 23:18 Why is the skid loader in a dumpster? That doesn't make any sense. How did it get in there? :lol:
allegedly did this and then did a 180-degree turnaround:

:lol:
nater6540

#135 Post by nater6540 » 02 Aug 2021 02:55

I want more hazardous cargoes, it doesn’t seem like there’s enough currently. Repeatedly hauling fireworks and dynamite (with the occasional flammable gas load every now and then) can get boring kinda quickly. If you give us ownable fuel tankers, I’ll be happy
flight50

#136 Post by flight50 » 02 Aug 2021 12:21

Well ownable fuel tankers alone wouldn't solve it. They just need to flat out provide more cargo. Currently we could have lets say 2 dozen cargoes for tankers in the Freight Market and for WoT. That works. So having owned tankers won't do much besides you owning it. The loads will be there whether the trailer is ownable or not. Tankers are all def files so its much easier to develop new cargo for. They just aren't doing it. Granted not all loads can be done right now for 2 reasons. 1) we need more industry to introduce (x) cargo and 2) we might not be at (x) state that produces that cargo.

For me, it all starts with research. Find out every possible thing you can industry wise per state. Figure out what you can add to ATS. Then find out what cargo works and fits into ATS. Planning ahead, also plans for the past. If (x) facility has such and such cargo, that helps spread out cargo thru out the entire map. Like it or not, new companies and new industries will have to go back to previous dlc. That's just the way the US is structured. It might not be easy, but its not impossible either. It does help if ATS is looked as (4) regions and not necessarily on a national level for every single depot. I think that is where SCS is going wrong. There's a solid 12-18 companies than can be national. Everything else is regional. We are almost done with the West. Texas starts the South region. Once Kansas comes on board, they then start the MidWest. Between Texas and Kansas starting up their respective regions, that should present new companies more dedicated to those regions. Most of the same cargo still applies, just new company and continue to add more and more cargo. The cargo needs to grow with the dlc's. SCS should still be developing new cargoes at the same time but recycle them as necessary.
TruckerDog
SCS Software

#137 Post by TruckerDog » 02 Aug 2021 13:28

Sorry, I didn't read the whole topic discussion but I was curious to read some of the feedback presented here. I wanted to reply to the examples given here:
HagenXXV wrote: 22 Jul 2021 22:43 I was on my way from Las Vegas to Fresno and after passing through death valley, I came across this:

I think ultimately the Bobcat has to be transported on a flatbed trailer in the future, we already have the construction machinery dealer (HMS Machinery) we just need to add this product to their catalog, just like the Forklift (picture 1) or a grader.
So these examples are indeed incorrect. If you find this kind of stuff ( as in something loaded improperly in some truck ), it is worth to be reported in the bugs section on the forum. From a QA point of view, we do take these cases seriously and will always report them if we see them. Unfortunately sometimes they do escape...

I won't get into further details as to why do these things show up in the map, but unfortunately they do.
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛
Trucker Nik

#138 Post by Trucker Nik » 02 Aug 2021 13:39

What does QA mean?
xXCARL1992Xx

#139 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Aug 2021 13:45

i wouldnt call this a bug, it is pretty normal that the bobcat (or any other small digger) can be loaded in a dump truck, be it one that is hard mounted or one that can unload the container

and the picture with the blue dumptruck is just one of these, they can unload the container and load it on it
Last edited by xXCARL1992Xx on 02 Aug 2021 13:56, edited 1 time in total.
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
TruckerDog
SCS Software

#140 Post by TruckerDog » 02 Aug 2021 13:54

I went a few pages back on the thread and found a lot more examples of cargo improperly loaded on trucks and / or trailers. I have just reported the one in Jackson WY from that screenshot of the gameplay video #1 where there was a tractor loaded on top of a flatbed trailer.

What I meant with my response is that we're aware of these mistakes and that if you find them on not-modded profiles, I encourage you to report them on the bugs section of the forum. :)
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛

Return to “General discussion about the game”