Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 297

TruckerDog
SCS Software

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#151 Post by TruckerDog » 03 Aug 2021 14:23

HagenXXV wrote: 02 Aug 2021 17:33
It's good to know that some people from the development team has read this thread, I want to ask a question about what you say about quality control, can it be considered as a mistake what you see in the following image? It is a 53 ft trailer with a load of wood planks, the image was taken in a profile without mods, I hope you don't ignore this question. xD
In response to your question in regards to the wood planks and hay on the flatbed trailer - those loads are purposely done like that and there's no issue to load them like that. I have checked together with more people. Thus not a mistake, it is intentional.

Regards.
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛
flight50

#152 Post by flight50 » 03 Aug 2021 18:24

Checking with people and using references of loads that actually exist are two different things. Although it can be done, loading to the rear can also be done depending on the load. There are many references I provided in which a person can see vs word of mouth that exist in the ATS flatbed thread. Here is both wood and hay on the same page. viewtopic.php?p=997326#p997326.

Spread axle vs close axle doesn't matter. The loads in ATS should have a lot more variety and they don't.
HagenXXV

#153 Post by HagenXXV » 03 Aug 2021 21:01

TruckerDog wrote: 03 Aug 2021 14:23
HagenXXV wrote: 02 Aug 2021 17:33
It's good to know that some people from the development team has read this thread, I want to ask a question about what you say about quality control, can it be considered as a mistake what you see in the following image? It is a 53 ft trailer with a load of wood planks, the image was taken in a profile without mods, I hope you don't ignore this question. xD
In response to your question in regards to the wood planks and hay on the flatbed trailer - those loads are purposely done like that and there's no issue to load them like that. I have checked together with more people. Thus not a mistake, it is intentional.

Regards.
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question. 8-)
TruckerDog
SCS Software

#154 Post by TruckerDog » 03 Aug 2021 23:48

flight50 wrote: 03 Aug 2021 18:24 Checking with people and using references of loads that actually exist are two different things. Although it can be done, loading to the rear can also be done depending on the load. There are many references I provided in which a person can see vs word of mouth that exist in the ATS flatbed thread. Here is both wood and hay on the same page. viewtopic.php?p=997326#p997326.

Spread axle vs close axle doesn't matter. The loads in ATS should have a lot more variety and they don't.
You are not wrong, but creating more variety also means a lot more work to create that variety and to "maintain" it.

The point is, the loads you see on our trailers are most likely properly positioned / loaded. I'm talking about the ones that you can own or the ones from freight market / cargo market / WoTr.

Either way, the vehicles team is well aware how to properly position the cargo on trailers. A lot of research is done for that ( that means also looking at references ). Sometimes it happens that you will see some strange things ( I mean strange loads on trailers ) showing up on the map, but that's something else.

IMO we do not need a dedicated cargo team, we all work together internally in the end. But that's just my personal opinion, you are entitled to have yours and disagree with me.
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛
howey

#155 Post by howey » 04 Aug 2021 01:16

Personally I would have to disagree with how the loads are positioned on the longer trailers as realistically you have to factor in axle weights as well and as physical reaction of the position of the load.

For instance loading them up the front on a 48 or 53ft trailer is putting more of the weight on the drive axles instead of spreading the weight between the drive and tandem/tri etc axles on the trailer. In some cases depending on the weight of the load you would be overweight on the drive axles at least and possibly also the steer. Then you have the factor on the ride comfort of all the weight up the front pounding on the drive axles making the truck thump/bottom out alot and wanting to push/jerk forward it's bad enough on a conventional and even worse on a cabover (Not a pleasant experience trust me) that's why it would be better the centralise the load if possible if there is space available to distribute the weight more evenly and also make the ride smoother.

Plus also to if you were running a stretched frame/chassis truck without a tri drive and lift axle then you would have to run the weight further back if hauling a decent weight load as guaranteed you would be over weight on your drive axles if your had the load positioned up the front.

As far a dedicated cargo team goes I look at 50/50 if the current vehicle team does all the trucks/trailers and loads for both games one aspect of those 3 element is pushed on the back burner and unfortunately that is the cargo side of it atm. At least with a separate team they can prioritize the cargo/industry side of the game more while alleviating the pressure of the vehicle team so they can focus more of the truck/trailers/ai traffic models. If the current team has decent amount of people then fair enough I can understand not having a separate team but regardless imo this part of both games is falling behind alot compare to the other elements of the game unfortunately and I just hope that it does catch up before it gets to late otherwise if would be just creating alot more effort and work for you guys in the long term.
flight50

#156 Post by flight50 » 04 Aug 2021 05:32

For those of us that play the game regularly, there isn't enough cargo which is why this thread was created. Most of you guys at SCS make the content but do not play it. If everyone at SCS played more consistently for the past 5 years it would be easier for all to see. The cargo is lacking and not a lot of strides have taken place to wash that thought away. The cargo in ATS could easily be 30-40% more than what it is with the current industries. Most of all the reference I posted are valid with current industries. Some have to wait.

In regards to the team properly strapping down cargo.........I can't agree 100% there. The below is totally incorrect. That load will shift/slide in all directions. It was reported as a bug long ago but it was ignored. Any US trucker would throw straps across the entire cargo and criss cross it. Cargo like this would more than likely be chained down and wenched.

[ external image ]
HagenXXV

#157 Post by HagenXXV » 04 Aug 2021 06:07

The position of the load matters a lot in real life, either for the driver's own safety or its legality on the weight scales, figure 3 attracts my attention :geek:

:arrow: https://www.truckingtruth.com/cdl-train ... r-overhang

[ external image ]
xXCARL1992Xx

#158 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 04 Aug 2021 08:16

its always nice when people post pictures to point something out but dont know anything about it

here, center of gravity of the wooden beams for the 53ft trailer is within a meter of the distance between trailer axles and truck axles, the only fault might be on the movable tandem but from what i know it is only moved to the back when loading (not really logical on the flatbed because you dont drive on it to load the wooden beams in this case)

[ external image ]
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Madkine
Global moderator

#159 Post by Madkine » 04 Aug 2021 08:20

howey wrote: 04 Aug 2021 01:16 As far a dedicated cargo team goes I look at 50/50 if the current vehicle team does all the trucks/trailers and loads for both games one aspect of those 3 element is pushed on the back burner and unfortunately that is the cargo side of it atm. At least with a separate team they can prioritize the cargo/industry side of the game more while alleviating the pressure of the vehicle team so they can focus more of the truck/trailers/ai traffic models.
Creating a new team doesn't increase the resources available.

Probably the question this thread should be asking is: 'Should SCS have more resources dedicated to cargo'. That I would answer yes to, whereas I don't beleive they need a dedicated cargo team.
That said on the SCS side it's a commercial decision, can they afford to hire more people to focus on cargo? Will having more cargo available improve sales/player retention? etc
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
flight50

#160 Post by flight50 » 04 Aug 2021 12:16

Having more cargo and making it a focus as it should be makes the game more well rounded. Would it increase sales, not telling but its the right thing to do. There are people that play because of the economy. If SCS asked themselves what is the purpose of the game.......that answer should be trucking. What is trucking? Trucking is transporting cargo from point A to B........period. You have to have industries to move cargo. If you have industries, you have cargo to move. The more depots you have, the more companies you can have. ICC's works together to create the game economy and that focus seems to be lost and the economy has taken a backseat.

Whether more focus is put towards cargo or a new team, doesn't matter. But cargo should be growing with the game much better than it is.

Return to “General discussion about the game”