Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 298

flight50

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#111 Post by flight50 » 28 Jun 2021 05:10

Yeah I can admit the Wyoming industries with new cargo works. Just make sure it makes sense. Otherwise they have to go in and fix it as well with all the rest of the cargo when its time for the overhaul.

Whatever comes with Wyoming, at least it’s something. I don’t expect as overhaul to come with a map dlc though. If it does...fine. But it’s more of a solo update type thing. So is the AI overhaul. Trying to overhaul both cargo and AI with a map release is a lot of work.
Ludo Diabolo

#112 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 28 Jun 2021 07:00

We all agree on this subject to say that it is now imperative to review this freight, and the assumption of responsibility of the goods as well as the place or the delivery, it is not possible any more, on a game of 8 years to still miss the essential, and the heart of the game...

When I hear SCS say in the lives that the next step is the direct X12 and the improvement of the graphics of the game, it makes me put the game aside even more, and doesn't really make me want to play .....
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
flight50

#113 Post by flight50 » 28 Jun 2021 15:26

Understood. No matter what the condition of the game is, I can never put ATS aside. I do get busy and can't play sometimes but that's something different. I just deal with it. Each update is an improvement so their games do not just sit still. Some of us have parts of the game we want updated/upgraded but its not always to be. We'll just have to wait longer. But for me.....and this is me personally, its not worth avoiding ATS because I'm not getting what I want pronto. There are many updates I am enjoying whether I wanted them or not. Its frustration on some parts of the game but at the end of the day, I see progress.
HagenXXV

#114 Post by HagenXXV » 29 Jun 2021 23:15

I don't know what to think about this charge I saw in the Wyoming video :o

[ external image ]
supersobes
Global moderator

#115 Post by supersobes » 30 Jun 2021 00:32

Looks like a tractor map asset sat on top of a flatbed map asset. That's actually incorrect anyways since tractors are supposed to be hauled on lowboy trailers.
HagenXXV

#116 Post by HagenXXV » 01 Jul 2021 02:21

supersobes wrote: 30 Jun 2021 00:32 Looks like a tractor map asset sat on top of a flatbed map asset. That's actually incorrect anyways since tractors are supposed to be hauled on lowboy trailers.
Yes I was surprised by that decor on the farm, although with the shortage of loads we have, I would be willing to take tractors on that flatbed trailer :D :D :D
howey

#117 Post by howey » 07 Jul 2021 02:34

I was looking at another thread recently on a topic on another subject that got me thinking about this thread and something I have been thinking for awhile that SCS could pursue hopefully and that is having licenced trailer/cargo bundle DLC's.

As the name suggested above is exactly that by trying to get into communication with companies that do multiple variety of products that can benefit the game more. SCS already have their foot in the door having a professional relationship with Krone hence why we have a trailer pack in ETS 2 but with also them having something else related to Krone in the works got me thinking about seeing if they could negotiate adding licenced equipment to haul on trailers as well. Krone is quite well known in the Agricultural sector as well as the trailer industry mainly in Europe but also have a global status as well.

Other companies that come to mind in similar scenarios are
Fliegl
Demco
Hyundai translead
And I'm sure there are others out there as well. I just think that pursuing this option would achieve alot in this area with the bonus of having licenced brand trailers. If SCS were successful in achieving this it just opens up more possibilities on having more trailers and equipment brands come on board to benefit both games imo.
flight50

#118 Post by flight50 » 07 Jul 2021 12:23

I've been thinking about that for the past year or so. That's when I've been saying a 2 for one. Licensed industry cargo pack just like we got for the Forestry pack, but licensed trailer. The list you mentioned won't really work here in the US though. Here is a list that will. viewtopic.php?p=1326277#p1326277.

I like Manac the best. They are a Canada based company but they have like 12 to 13 trailers that can get used right now in ATS. By far the most trailers useful to ATS from one company for several uses of hauling. There is already a licensed trailer on SCS servers that has been sitting there since 2018. Pavel mentioned they didn't have time to get it out at the end of that year but its now going on 3 years they sitting on that trailer still.
howey

#119 Post by howey » 07 Jul 2021 13:32

@flight50 But I'm not talking about a licenced trailer pack though I'm referring to more of a trailer/equipment combination pack.

Krone is probably the best example since not only do they make trailers for mainly the European market but they make alot of agriculture equipment as well like forage harvesters, balers, grain trailers, grass tedders and windrowers and much more which can be licenced cargo equipment to haul on lowboys, flatbeds/dropdecks.

For ETS 2 it could be part of the current krone pack but they could also make a krone cargo equipment pack for ATS so you can have proper licenced cargo equipment to haul with more cargo variety in the end.

Demco not only make trailers but they also make auger wagons/grain carts as well as fertilizer tanks and sprayers as well as extra cargo to haul.

Hyundai translead is owned by the Hyundai motor corporation which also owns a car and mining division. Can you imagine if SCS were able to establish a good relationship with them. They have a good variety of trailers in their range but also the possibility of getting licenced Hyundai equipment such as Hyundai car models to transport as well as diggers, excavators, forklifts etc.
flight50

#120 Post by flight50 » 07 Jul 2021 13:54

Oh I gotcha now. I'm not aware of that here for North America where semi trailers companies also produce equipment. Of course I could be wrong though. But as far as I know, they are separate companies here. John Deere has trailers for 2 axle trucks I think but not 5th wheel class 8 trucks. Caterpillar, Volvo, Hitachi, Komatsu, Bobcat.....I don't think they have trailers for class 8 either. That's why I was mentioning a the type of 2 for 1 above, no licensed equipment though.

Return to “General discussion about the game”