Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 298

Andras112

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#91 Post by Andras112 » 08 Jun 2021 11:39

Texas and especially the mention of its oil industry has huge potential and possibilities, but I wouldn't really hold my breath, but again we can still hope we get something special, especially with the size of the map and how long it would take to construct, the vehicle/cargo team wouldn't need to rush to give us some new cargo or a new trailer. In the best case it would be nice to get some new flatbed/lowboy freight for oil drilling equipment, a special transport route or two where we could haul part of an oil derrick to a drill site, and just maybe a scissorneck lowboy
HagenXXV

#92 Post by HagenXXV » 24 Jun 2021 04:54

Another unusual load, I found it in colorado, wooden planks a bit different from the ones we can load on the trailer.

[ external image ]
flight50

#93 Post by flight50 » 24 Jun 2021 08:12

Nice 6x6. Nice find. We need mixed lumber trucks too. I 100% concur with Derrick deliveries. That alone excites me. I hope they do a better job with wind turbine parts too. Bring the rotor. Make the tower much much longer and much larger in diameter. Those towers are the same circumference as a truck cabin. Then of coarse, the turbine blades themselves.
HagenXXV

#94 Post by HagenXXV » 24 Jun 2021 20:23

flight50 wrote: 24 Jun 2021 08:12 Nice 6x6. Nice find. We need mixed lumber trucks too. I 100% concur with Derrick deliveries. That alone excites me. I hope they do a better job with wind turbine parts too. Bring the rotor. Make the tower much much longer and much larger in diameter. Those towers are the same circumference as a truck cabin. Then of coarse, the turbine blades themselves.
Since you mention the wind industry, I don't understand why wind turbine parts are transported from Walbert or Sell Goods to Vitas Power, in the Wallmart they sell giant wind turbine parts in reality? :?:
flight50

#95 Post by flight50 » 24 Jun 2021 20:49

Lol. Nope. Wallbert does not sell wind turbine parts. That is part of the cargo that needs to happen. There are other cargo loads that are head scratchers. Some of its is because ATS doesn't have that middle man company. But hopefully one day, cargo can get a massive overhaul just like the AI.
Tristman

#96 Post by Tristman » 24 Jun 2021 21:18

I watched a video earlier of the Iberia DLC where someone delivered a wind turbine tower to a sawmill or something similar. In ATS yesterday I couldn't find a wind turbine parts job that either delivered to or originated from Vitas Power, but only Wallbert/Sell Goods <> Rail Export/Port of ...
It would be nice, until they do a big cargo overhaul, if they could at least take a look at the current cargoes and where they are transported from and to, and try to make it more sensible.
flight50

#97 Post by flight50 » 24 Jun 2021 21:51

^I totally agree with that. One that gets me is a tanker full of juice going straight to Wallbert. Bulk liquids to retail doesn't happen like that. Although its better than wind turbine parts going to Sellgoods, it still needs to go to a packaging/bottling place first. Distribution Centers/Warehouses and Packaging facilities is the missing 3rd man that would tidy up a lot of cargoes.

But yessss, a nice patch of making loads more sensible for now works for me. It would help and that is the exact reason why a dedicated cargo team should be assembled. Just like Pavel couldn't handle doing licensing amongst other things, just like the original map teams can't map and research, the vehicle department has their hands full already with things and can't give cargo justice. So a dedicated cargo team's job is to keep track of cargo, make sense of cargo and keep new cargo entering the flow of the economy.
HagenXXV

#98 Post by HagenXXV » 24 Jun 2021 22:31

That is a very important issue as well, origin-destination-type of cargo, in this case that you comment it would be good to add more USBB locations in the complete map, it would solve it to some extent, but it is also necessary a redistribution of the current load for 53 and 48 feet flat trailers, I think that having the 7 most popular brands of trucks in the U.S. in the game, the next step is a licensed flatbed trailer, therefore a team of people would have to emerge to adjust everything that has been discussed, from load modeling to the methodology of receiving and delivery of goods; fortunately, all this will come together with Texas and the cattle trailer, just kidding :D

(but if you want it, no joke, SCS ;) xD
Tails

#99 Post by Tails » 24 Jun 2021 22:48

I have seen yogurt cargo being delivered to a USBB.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
flight50

#100 Post by flight50 » 25 Jun 2021 00:34

Yeahhh that ain't right. What should be going to USBB is not yogurt. But I can tell you want I would send to USBB. I use to work at this location back in 99-00. https://www.google.com/maps/@32.8464048 ... !1e3?hl=en
1) import Sporklift to ATS. take forklifts, riding pallet jacks, cherry pickers, batteries, charging stations, reach trucks
2) ATS is getting glass with Texas. take glass bottles
3) there should be alumimium in the game. We have Steeler but that's the wrong type of metal. we need alumimium cans. Aluminum is need for can goods and other containment for food
4) we have Page & Price paper. send card stock packaging, boxes.
5) we should have a gas company by now. Send co2 tanks. send propane for forklifts.
6) hvac units. at some point the roof top units need to be replaced.
7) industrial boilers. mass amount of hot water is needed for a facility like this to sterilize, treat for carbonation.
8) we should have some type of plastic company by now. We have tons of used packaging. Where is it coming from. shrink wrap/plastic packaging. Plastic bottles. plastic pallets
9) corn syrup, sugar (sugar cane) should be a crop here soon. Wyoming is bring Torrington (perhaps) and it has a sugar plant
10) wooden pallets. we have tons of empty pallets. where do they come from. No pallet makers in the game. at least send them from a sawmill
11) ST/HH loads. Large stainless vessels for beverage making. Scissor lifts.
12) new day cabs. Yes trucks. New trucks for delivery drivers as USBB are local to cities

Return to “General discussion about the game”