Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 298

HagenXXV

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#141 Post by HagenXXV » 02 Aug 2021 17:33

TruckerDog wrote: 02 Aug 2021 13:54 I went a few pages back on the thread and found a lot more examples of cargo improperly loaded on trucks and / or trailers. I have just reported the one in Jackson WY from that screenshot of the gameplay video #1 where there was a tractor loaded on top of a flatbed trailer.

What I meant with my response is that we're aware of these mistakes and that if you find them on not-modded profiles, I encourage you to report them on the bugs section of the forum. :)
It's good to know that some people from the development team has read this thread, I want to ask a question about what you say about quality control, can it be considered as a mistake what you see in the following image? It is a 53 ft trailer with a load of wood planks, the image was taken in a profile without mods, I hope you don't ignore this question. xD

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
xXCARL1992Xx

#142 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Aug 2021 17:37

no its not, the weight is more important and in what length wooden beams can be bought
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#143 Post by flight50 » 02 Aug 2021 18:21

Honestly speaking, I don't think 53' flatbeds are common. It could just be my area but all flatbeds I see are all 48'. That could be why the cargo on those loose so weird and will never look right. They are suppose to only be 48'. I'm not saying 53' flats don't exist though. Its just that most of the trucking world I see on the roads are 48'. 53' are vans and reefers primarily.
supersobes
Global moderator

#144 Post by supersobes » 02 Aug 2021 19:21

The cargo shown above wasn't made for the 48 foot flatbed either. It's the cargo model from the 45 foot flatbed.
HagenXXV

#145 Post by HagenXXV » 02 Aug 2021 19:22

flight50 wrote: 02 Aug 2021 18:21 Honestly speaking, I don't think 53' flatbeds are common. It could just be my area but all flatbeds I see are all 48'. That could be why the cargo on those loose so weird and will never look right. They are suppose to only be 48'. I'm not saying 53' flats don't exist though. Its just that most of the trucking world I see on the roads are 48'. 53' are vans and reefers primarily.
So I put this example with a 32 and 48' trailer and reiterate my question to the quality control person, can this be considered a mistake?

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

And why is the load on this 53-foot trailer symmetrically distributed?

[ external image ]

most 32 and 48 foot trailer loads have that weird, ugly empty space in the back. But the 28 and 53 ft trailer don't have this problem in most loads, the best example is the hay and fertilizer load, I just want to know why in 2 specific trailers the load is very well distributed and in the other trailers it looks with empty space in the back? But I'll be satisfied if someone from the SCS dev team simply tells me: "it's not a mistake".
With that I will stop arguing :D :lol:
Bedavd

#146 Post by Bedavd » 02 Aug 2021 20:35

It looks like given the length of the bales there isn't enough space for another row behind. When loading a trailer you want to have the center of weight as far forward as possible for the sake of stability, so it makes sense to load it toward the front if you have to have space. It does look a bit weird but it makes sense.

This video helps illustrate why you'd want to have the weight further forward rather than in the back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jk9H5AB4lM
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#147 Post by flight50 » 02 Aug 2021 21:46

The cargo system needs a massive overhaul anyways. But it seems to me like the 53' has both a 53' and a 48' load. SCS needs to have the 53' only with the 53' and the 48' load only for the 48'. The same could be said with all the other length. If the want to really fix that load, alter the bales. Change the color, take some off the top, do round bales.....make a particle system and have hay fly off the truck while in transport. Hopefully DX12 can add some tricks. Same with hauling chickens if we ever get them. Use the feathers as a particle system and have them fly around like debris. Have debris brushing across the road, leaves blowing in the air or on the ground...trash blowing around.

Anywho, back to cargo. Just like a massive AI overhaul is needed, cargo is the other massive overhaul needed. We need more variety for all trailer types and all industries. Used packaging and empty pallets is killing immersion. I think SCS needs to make recycling facility make empty cargo a lot more realistic.
nater6540

#148 Post by nater6540 » 03 Aug 2021 03:06

flight50 wrote: 02 Aug 2021 21:46 The cargo system needs a massive overhaul anyways. But it seems to me like the 53' has both a 53' and a 48' load. SCS needs to have the 53' only with the 53' and the 48' load only for the 48'. The same could be said with all the other length. If the want to really fix that load, alter the bales. Change the color, take some off the top, do round bales.....make a particle system and have hay fly off the truck while in transport. Hopefully DX12 can add some tricks. Same with hauling chickens if we ever get them. Use the feathers as a particle system and have them fly around like debris. Have debris brushing across the road, leaves blowing in the air or on the ground...trash blowing around.

Anywho, back to cargo. Just like a massive AI overhaul is needed, cargo is the other massive overhaul needed. We need more variety for all trailer types and all industries. Used packaging and empty pallets is killing immersion. I think SCS needs to make recycling facility make empty cargo a lot more realistic.
You’re right, empty pallets and used packaging would make a lot more sense if we had recycling facilities, not to mention chip vans can also carry waste (i’ve seen quite a few of those operated by a few waste haulers in real life), so we would have extra cargo for that as well
flight50

#149 Post by flight50 » 03 Aug 2021 03:25

Glass is coming to Texas. Glass is recycled. We have paper. We should have cardboard for packaging along with other paper products. We should have cardboard bales. We have metal recyled in the game already. Aluminum is another facility we'll need for packaging purposes. It can be mined.

Lots of recyclables can come though.
http://www.timetorecycle.com/what-is-recyclable.asp
Ludo Diabolo

#150 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 03 Aug 2021 09:25

It is not only the diversity of the materials and cargoes to be transported that should be considered, but also the way in which the charges are proposed.

It is more and more difficult for me to load my tanker trailer on a shop platform. ! !
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.

Return to “General discussion about the game”