Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 298

flight50

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#41 Post by flight50 » 28 Mar 2021 16:45

Just thought about something for this poll. I am sure some are not reading what's being asked and only reading the poll title and voting. The amount of people voting doesn't match up with the number of people commenting. I'm thinking that the no's aren't really following what people are saying. Otherwise there would be more comments per person on why they voted yes or no. So far 18 people commenting but 63 votes.

Anywho, here are a few more game items that could be cargo that I just encountered today.

55gallon drums. Can go in vans or flatbed strapped to pallets, curtain siders(once they come), sliding tarps trailers. I think we already have barrels for fans. those same ones could be used.
[ external image ]

bobcat and skid steer bob cats. Can be on double step decks or lowboys. similar size to forklifts.
[ external image ]

tarped lumber. flatbed, step decks (when they come). curtain sider and sliding tarps are not out the picture either.
[ external image ]

potato feeding machine. Came with Idaho. can go on extend deck lowboys. if in parts can come on double step deck, step deck and non extended lowboys
[ external image ]
Last edited by flight50 on 28 Mar 2021 18:49, edited 1 time in total.
HagenXXV

#42 Post by HagenXXV » 28 Mar 2021 17:07

I have a question with the lumber load, I don't live in the united states, but I can see in videos and tv shows that most trucks carry the lumber covered with tarp, I imagine it is because of the rain or snow, can you carry the lumber uncovered regardless of the rain in real life?

@flight50 Do you think SCS is preparing new loads for a future licensed trailer? or for the arrival of gooseneck trailers?
flight50

#43 Post by flight50 » 28 Mar 2021 17:28

Covered lumber is indeed for weather protection. One of the pluses for curtain sider and sliding tarp trailers. But you can also tarp the entire lumber load with giant tarps and not individually wrapped lumber. In real life, they can go uncovered or covered. Other than how prone weather can be, I don't know what determines if a company wraps the lumber or not. For unwrapped lumber, its up to the flatbed driver to tarp his load. Some wood is more vulnerable than others. When I use to work at Home Depot in the Lumber Dept. I use to pull loads off the Swift deliver trucks. Not all lumber was tarped individually. Sometimes we'd put lumber outside in the canalevers tarped or not wrapped. Wood dries eventually though. The buyer has to pay attention to wet wood vs dry wood.

I posted pics here viewtopic.php?p=994818#p994818. You can see that some are wrapped and some are not. Typically its dimesional lumber that gets individually wrapped. But you can tarp any lumber for weather protection. You will see blue or black tarps a lot covering loads.
SmokeyWolf

#44 Post by SmokeyWolf » 28 Mar 2021 17:39

Not all lumber has to be tarped. Just depends on several factors such as is it treated or weather resistant.

@flight50 That bobcat can actually be loaded onto a flatbed as well. You can easily fit 3 or 4 on there.
flight50

#45 Post by flight50 » 28 Mar 2021 18:52

^Yeah I started to say flatbeds but I know step decks for sure because of loading ramps and being low to the ground.
SmokeyWolf

#46 Post by SmokeyWolf » 28 Mar 2021 19:06

@flight50 flatbeds bump docks too, not very often but it happens.
flight50

#47 Post by flight50 » 28 Mar 2021 21:12

Yeah I can see rare times a flatbed docks. I figured the flatbed trailer can't support many bobcats or forklifts due to centralized weight though. They seem more lowboy worthy.
Zeyadtarek952

#48 Post by Zeyadtarek952 » 28 Mar 2021 21:14

@flight50 nice suggestions bro
I have seen also on some truck spotting videos that we can haul some of small lowboy cargo and small day cab trucks and maybe cars

Posts merged - Don't double post - Rule 2.5

Actually flatbed must have the most loads in ats, maybe more than what a dry van can haul but sadly it's what it is
We can't change it
flight50

#49 Post by flight50 » 28 Mar 2021 21:25

Agreed. That is why I contributed so much to the ATS flatbed link in my signature. But honestly speaking, the stepdeck is even more versatile than the standard flatbed. The step deck can haul everthing a flatbed, curtain sider and sliding tarp can, plus taller cargo that won't ride on a standard flat bed, curtain sider or sliding tarp.

You may see me post for the step deck to be among the next trailers to come to ATS. I'd rather have it than a standard flatbed. The way they load cargo on them in unique because of the deck. There are some good mods for it but I'd rather vanilla content.
SmokeyWolf

#50 Post by SmokeyWolf » 28 Mar 2021 22:11

@flight50 actually a flatbed can haul more as they are lighter than a step deck or low boy. Plus with a step deck you have the upper deck that isn't always used which takes up length. You can get a 53' spread step deck which deck wise on the lower deck would be the same as a 48' standard flatbed.

Return to “General discussion about the game”