Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 297

Sametbey2

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#191 Post by Sametbey2 » 20 Aug 2021 17:31

In the future, brands such as John Deere, Caterpillar, Liebheer ... may be added to the game. ;)
flight50

#192 Post by flight50 » 20 Aug 2021 18:56

@seriousmods yeah I was just teasing.

@Sametbey2 If SCS inked John Deere, that would be icing on the cake. We can do without Caterpillar or Liebeer if we had to if Volvo is in. Licenses cost money unless Volvo approached SCS. But I wouldn't rule out Cat or Liebheer. Just let others from other industries in first. JD would be the ultimate price though for farming. Sooo much equipment could be made as cargo that its unreal. At that point, SCS wouldn't have to beat around the bush. They can make cargo exactly as seen if they had licensed content. That could actually get some FS playing ATS.
Tails

#193 Post by Tails » 20 Aug 2021 19:03

other companies for construction equipment that should be added such as Komatsu , Hyundai, Bobcat ect.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
Ludo Diabolo

#194 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 20 Aug 2021 19:11

the 2 games are far from comparable ;) not the same budget , Giant and a great development team working with others like Focus ;) .

I know Farming well as I modded it for over 6 years ;)

and for info I am a FS player who migrated to ETS2 first, but then ATS seduced me much more ;) .

The community is much nicer than the FS one ! ! !
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
Optional Features

#195 Post by Optional Features » 20 Aug 2021 20:20

LudoModding wrote: 20 Aug 2021 19:11 the 2 games are far from comparable ;) not the same budget , Giant and a great development team working with others like Focus ;) .

I know Farming well as I modded it for over 6 years ;)

and for info I am a FS player who migrated to ETS2 first, but then ATS seduced me much more ;) .

The community is much nicer than the FS one ! ! !
Yeah, I've been playing and modding fs for almost a decade. The FS platform is way easier to mod, but the dev is not as committed to making a good product.

Still a lot more people have done with it, though.
Ludo Diabolo

#196 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 20 Aug 2021 22:20

@seriousmods

I'm not going to hide that I stopped modding on FS because of the community, thefts and so on...

It's clear that it's easier to modify, more accessible, and less restrictive once the mod is created, even if there are updates to the mod, you don't have to redo it ;) .

I'm not interested in playing FS22 at all, but I'll stay with opus 19 ;) .

I'm not sure if it's a good one or not, but I'm sure it will be.
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
Optional Features

#197 Post by Optional Features » 20 Aug 2021 22:22

LudoModding wrote: 20 Aug 2021 22:20 @seriousmods

I'm not going to hide that I stopped modding on FS because of the community, thefts and so on...

It's clear that it's easier to modify, more accessible, and less restrictive once the mod is created, even if there are updates to the mod, you don't have to redo it ;) .

I'm not interested in playing FS22 at all, but I'll stay with opus 19 ;) .

I'm not sure if it's a good one or not, but I'm sure it will be.
The community is a bit of a mess for sure!
howey

#198 Post by howey » 21 Aug 2021 02:17

flight50 wrote: 20 Aug 2021 15:22 @howey Look at what the vehicle team is bringing. Its a start huh, lol.

https://blog.scssoft.com/2021/08/constr ... sport.html
Ole oleoleole ole ole.... well when we step it up a bit it does SEEM that they do tend to take notice. The ironic thing is when I mentioned about a licenced equipment cargo DLC a few people were like it won't happen, your dreaming if they go that far and well well well look what we have. There is still a slight chance I could be wrong but the results so far do look promising about it being licenced equipment. It's all about thinking outside the box and looking at the possibilities you have to play with.

Didn't even think of Volvo when I was talking about licenced equipment though so if it is then brilliant, really happy and I have a strong hunch that they have another licenced equipment DLC in the works with Krone. Volvo could be the Construction/Mining sector DLC while Krone could be the Farming DLC equivalent. Now I or we just have to continue to pester the shit of them for more open/flatbed cargo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Talking about Farming manufacturers I would love to see a Big Bud DLC with transporting there mammoth tractors, maybe in sync with Montana DLC and deliver them to Welker Farms would be cool.

Talking about FS stuff I'm actually really keen on FS 22 just soley because of their new chain production feature there implementing. Watching there gamescon video's the other week and talking about it sounded really interesting how they are approaching it. Talking the crops to either a grain elevator or factory to get converted into a base product and then if you choose to make a base product out of your crop then taking that base product to a business to get converted into a variety of final products to sell is the vison I have thinking for a simulator for a while and that I why I think SCS should have a look into as well. Investing the time into chain production with industries and having the ability to transports goods to chain production related companies etc.
flight50

#200 Post by flight50 » 21 Aug 2021 06:29

Anything licensed can be a big seller. Real company branding can elevate the games and make things that much more immersive. Sky's the limit though. The more exposure for SCS games in the trucking industry, the more doors open. With covid, marketing is everything as the way we use to do things are taking on more of a virtual world now to showcase things.

Return to “General discussion about the game”