Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 297

HagenXXV

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#211 Post by HagenXXV » 30 Aug 2021 21:30

howey wrote: 28 Aug 2021 03:41 @flight50 there is a few points in your last post that I strongly agree with in particular that SCS should take notice at some point soon I would like to hope.

Mixed loads would definitely help in creating/having more variety/options for loads in general. Was a common thing for me when I was doing interstate back in the day and the example that @HagenXXV posted viewtopic.php?p=1594447#p1594447 here is a perfect example of it.

Also agree with the missing header as cargo, the harvester has been included now for a little while and do find it surprising that the header isn't included yet. Like you said considering your seeing headers all over the map already makes it odd to not have it as a option already at this stage.

The last thing is the feature of having full/half & partial loads, I know Snowrunner gives you the option with slots on the truck & trailer of being able to choose what cargo you want to haul so the feature is possible but I think something like this for SCS would be later on down the track when they have more of the basic features content relating to this covered but if I'm proven wrong about it then that's fine with me.
Is true, we have the option to carry the Tractor on a low-bed and we also have the option to carry the tractor plows on a flatbed trailer, we have the option to carry a combine harvester on a low-bed, but we don't have the option to carry the front header (neither do the wheels) I think on the 45 ft flatbed trailer it could be carried without a problem and the wheels fit easily on either end of the low-bed.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
flight50

#212 Post by flight50 » 31 Aug 2021 04:12

@HagenXXV Those picks you just posted is covered here and also here
HagenXXV

#213 Post by HagenXXV » 31 Aug 2021 16:07

flight50 wrote: 31 Aug 2021 04:12 @HagenXXV Those picks you just posted is covered here and also here
I knew I had seen somewhere the images of harvesters and trailers, thanks for reminding me, brother, I wanted to get out of doubt and compare 3 flat trailers (32, 45 and 53) and also compare the width of the header with the width of the trailer, no doubt it is possible to carry it without an over dimension, in the trailer of 32 feet the length measurement is almost exact to the front header, in the 45 a little space is left over and I thought that in the 53 feet would fit 2 headers but I do not see it possible, unless it protrudes a little at both ends.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
howey

#214 Post by howey » 02 Sep 2021 14:28

@HagenXXV it would be good if they have multiple sizes of headers to suit the various trailer lengths we currently have in game but even if they used the current one for 45ft up it would be good enough for now. The only downside is that it would be useless on combination trailers except for Turnpike doubles as the header length shown as above in your post would exceed 28 & and maybe 32ft length trailers unless they let it overhang a little like they do you the tank/silo cargo on 28ft trailers.

Another candidate that's has been on my mind lately is more scrap metal variety for flatbed trailers. At current you have a quite a bit of A-steel companies but only 1 option of cargo to choose from for flatbed trailer's from them. It would be great if in 1.42 they could add another couple of options to benefit that company more in hauling. I'm sure @flight50 has already included these in multiple threads but here are some example of what I mean.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
A option for drop/step deck trailer later down they line
[ external image ]
And my favourite a B-train option
[ external image ]
flight50

#215 Post by flight50 » 02 Sep 2021 15:31

Actually I haven't gotten much scrap metal loads. I never looked for them honestly. I have carboard bales though, lol. Those are some very very solid loads. I totally agree getting more scrap metal in the game though. Also into dumpers. I'm a fan of 2-3 types of the same cargo but alter the color, quantity, height and/or spread on the trailer itself.
howey

#216 Post by howey » 09 Sep 2021 12:21

I noticed when taking a load up to Sheridan earlier to the Steeler plant I notice this out the front which caught my eye.
[ external image ]
Also with another Cargo that has been mentioned numerous times the telehandler.
[ external image ]

Not sure what exactly they are tbh, if I have to guess I would say industrial ventilation or exhaust fans of some kind which would be good as a Lowboy/HH option at some point just like with the Telehandler for lowboy freight.
flight50

#217 Post by flight50 » 09 Sep 2021 16:00

Nice find. Strap that bad boy to a flatbed, lowboy or bring us step decks please and strap to that too.
HagenXXV

#218 Post by HagenXXV » 12 Sep 2021 15:35

WY brought a couple of new features on the static trailers in the environment, which I think look cool, especially the small excavators, I think I could carry a total of 4 on that trailer ;)

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
flight50

#219 Post by flight50 » 12 Sep 2021 19:59

The first two pics are completely wrong. Flatbeds don't haul equipment. That needs to be a lowboy, tilt trailer or double stepdeck. Even step decks can have ramps but a standard flatbed is not right.

Those 6x6's, are never loaded sided ways if I'm not mistaken. I have unloaded many trucks on Sunday's when I worked lumber at Home Depot. I have seen my dimensional lumber loads on the roads. Lumber is always loaded the length of the trailer, not the width of tge trailer.

Those static trailers are becoming pretty false nowadays. TruckerDog even chimed in before and said report it.
Optional Features

#220 Post by Optional Features » 12 Sep 2021 21:17

flight50 wrote: 12 Sep 2021 19:59 The first two pics are completely wrong. Flatbeds don't haul equipment. That needs to be a lowboy, tilt trailer or double stepdeck. Even step decks can have ramps but a standard flatbed is not right.

Those 6x6's, are never loaded sided ways if I'm not mistaken. I have unloaded many trucks on Sunday's when I worked lumber at Home Depot. I have seen my dimensional lumber loads on the roads. Lumber is always loaded the length of the trailer, not the width of tge trailer.

Those static trailers are becoming pretty false nowadays. TruckerDog even chimed in before and said report it.
While they shouldn't, flatbeds do sometimes haul equipment. I work at a Cat dealer, and we get telehandlers, skidsteers, and other machines like this from the factory. I've also seen loads of Kubota mini tractors and small excavators like this.

Return to “General discussion about the game”