Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 297

Ludo Diabolo

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#101 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 25 Jun 2021 08:24

This would not be a trivial thing to do, nor would it be an idea to put aside, as the basis of the game is there, SCS still thinks that our pleasure lies in driving over new states or European countries, seeing landscapes and so on, yes we like it but we would like to do it well, like a real trucker, with realistic cargoes.

Delivering wood chips, or a tanker on a quay is fine for 5 minutes but in the long run it pushes me to drive only fresh products and not sure where to deliver .....

I think that the base of the game is the trucking it would be nice to be able to do it correctly, there is not only the photos, and the discovery of the trips which exists in the game.
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
flight50

#102 Post by flight50 » 25 Jun 2021 14:27

There are definitely multiple parts to the game but the economy of the game should be the major focus. Everything else just falls into place after that. I agree that the foundation is there. But people who have complained the game is ancient with graphic and sound got upgrades for ATS/ETS2. That's fine and dandy, but what about the rest of the game? Sure new features come annually. We get new trucks and/or trailers here and there. Other dlc add ons come. But not a lot is done with the economy itself. This goes from new companies, to new industries to cargo to the AI we have to interact with. I understand not everything can be done at once but at least acknowledging things would help.
Last edited by flight50 on 25 Jun 2021 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
Ludo Diabolo

#103 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 25 Jun 2021 15:27

Indeed, I completely agree with you, the heart of the game is clearly to review and those for years, even before the redesign of the game sound or graphics!

After I'm not developers can they need by improving the sounds, graphics ect ect before being able more the heart of the game, but all the same it becomes worrying ... .

That's how other games end up dying, or losing many players.
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
flight50

#104 Post by flight50 » 25 Jun 2021 16:23

The way SCS setup there games is perfect. They just add to it and improve it annually. Pretty good game structure in my opinion as they do not require people to buy a new iteration of the game periodically. But with this constant updating, you just can't neglect its most important part of the game and that is the economy. Without an economy, there is no point to the game. Its just a driving simulator/tourist simulator at that point. I play the game for the economy. If I just wanted to drive, I have F1, Project Cars 3 and Grand Theft Auto 5. I don't drive these truck sims for the beauty or for the features. I drive because I love big rigs but I'm not a real life trucker so this is the closest I can get to being one. I want to deliver goods from point A to Z with everything in between.

With the way the games are setup, things should make sense if one is going to depict some type of realism in the trucking world. The game can't be 100% true to life but there are a lot of things SCS can control to make it as close to possible. Bring the right industries that fit 1:20 scale and creating companies and cargo that makes sense. This all compliments the structure of the game. Things can be nearly perfect imho with the economy if time and effort was put there. It doesn't have to be this mediocre. The economy is within SCS's control. Truck and trailer licenses, that part SCS can't control 100%. They can negotiate but still not in control like they can be with their game economy.
Bedavd

#105 Post by Bedavd » 25 Jun 2021 16:46

flight50 wrote: 25 Jun 2021 00:34 3) there should be aluminum in the game. We have Steeler but that's the wrong type of metal. we need alumimium cans. Aluminum is need for can goods and other containment for food
Aluminium would also be a good thing to take to the Darwing plant in Everett. Darwing, Chemso, Fish Tail Foods, Global Mills, and USBB would all be good recipients of aluminum off the top of my head. Plus all the universal receivers at the ports and railyards. Avalanche could be a provider as well since aluminum is a commonly recycled metal.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#106 Post by flight50 » 25 Jun 2021 18:20

Yeah I thought about Avalanche's metal recycling but we'd need a new variant prefab for Avalanche. The current one seems like only salvage yards. A new Avalanche for alumimium and tin would be cool. That would also bring int a new variant for Page & Price for recycled paper products. We can get cardboard bales on flatbeds and tons of other recycled stuff. Talk about agame going green, lol.
HagenXXV

#107 Post by HagenXXV » 25 Jun 2021 18:25

3 new companies arrived and 2 of them are related to the railroad industry, I have the feeling that new cargo content will arrive for several trailers, additional content for the heavy cargo dlc (locomotive wagons maybe?)

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

railroad construction? that means transporting rail for trains on flatbed trailers? :o

I'm going to see @flight50 cargoes list to get my hopes up. :D
flight50

#108 Post by flight50 » 25 Jun 2021 21:15

My cargo list is here actually. Its been here for 2+ years already. I haven't thought of much else.
howey

#109 Post by howey » 28 Jun 2021 01:04

@flight50 the game itself is far from perfect but it is the closest we will get to a simulated game to a certain degree at this point. Though they are improving it in some areas to make it better overall they are certainly lacking in other areas like the cargo and economy which really start needing attention before it gets to late. I just hope they have listened and started helping out with this side of it with Wyoming to begin with. Well at least I hope so.
harishw8r

#110 Post by harishw8r » 28 Jun 2021 04:31

For Wyoming though, it’s enough for the time being if they bring train industry-related flatbed cargo like axles and undercarriage.

Bringing variety to cargo and reworking the cargo system are two different things but they go well together. I believe the cargo system rework should also come with how AI drivers function. We should be able to have some authority over their work.

Atleast for the basic part, the delivery locations has to be as realistic as the pickup locations.

Return to “General discussion about the game”