ATS 1.41 Speculation Thread

Trucker Nik

Re: ATS 1.41 Speculation Thread

#231 Post by Trucker Nik » 21 Apr 2021 10:10

In this update, I would like them to add viewpoints to Arizona and reworked Northern California
flight50

#232 Post by flight50 » 21 Apr 2021 11:46

Honestly, I think they should hold off on viewpoints in the base map and do them as they rebuild it. If they do it now, they might have to rip them out anyways just to redo the scene. Don't do the work twice if you don't have to. The background landscaping in Arizona, Nevada and California look bad compared to the backgrounds of today. The lowest quality for terrains that I think is good enough is New Mexico. Even in New Mexico though, they recycled the awful California Hills mountain model. That model needs to be trashed. They have much better distant background models now that can be used.
harishw8r

#233 Post by harishw8r » 21 Apr 2021 12:47

I’m very sure that we won’t be getting viewpoints for CA or NV. Natvander once mentioned that the signage overhaul hasn’t been carried out on these two states due to the base map rebuild. We can still get viewpoints along with the rebuild (like if NorCal comes on 1.41)

Not so sure about Arizona though. Personally I feel that it’s in a better state when compared to CA or NV. The intersections could get some rework though.
Trucker Nik

#234 Post by Trucker Nik » 21 Apr 2021 14:10

@harishw8r I agree with you, Arizona doesn't look as bad as California or Nevada, so I don't think there is a need to rework Arizona @flight50 moreover Arizona is not part of the basic map, it's DLC, which is free 24/7 365 days a year
flight50

#235 Post by flight50 » 21 Apr 2021 15:21

^Yes I know the situation with Arizona. I've been around here long enough. No need to explain. I know its free and I know it was meant to be paid but marketing issues happened so it was free to all. I know the story. Its still base map like because many elements are still base map content. Anything prior to paid dlc's which was 2017's New Mexico release, is not up to par thoroughly compared to new paid dlcs. New Mexico only needs a few roads. Quality wise, its fine, it hold up to newer dlc's. Arizona needs interchanges remodeled, mountain model updates, texture updates, aligned roads and a few new roads.

I agree that Arizona is in much better condition than California and Nevada but by no means is Arizona even New Mexico level. For me, New Mexico is the absolute lowest quality ATS should have. Obviously if they are completely rebuilding California and Nevada, they will be on par with Colorado, Utah, Idaho. So that leaves New Mexico as the lowest quality but Arizona needs work. No way should it stay like it is. SCS models much better and more accurate roads/junctions since New Mexico. The learning curve was at its highest up to Arizona. They took short cuts still with Arizona's road layout. Phoenix needs the Vegas treatment. Revamp the city, all of I-10 and realign US-60 because its not correct. Complete US-191, US-60, US-70 and make AZ-264 and AZ-260. Replace all the California Hills 2 model, update some textures....then we have a deal. Any additional roads outside of what I mentioned is a bonus.

The issue with Arizona roads are the most common I see. Unfinished roads, textures and updates to junctions/interchanges and on/off ramps. I'm not implying that Arizona needs a complete rebuild but it does need work though. I don't know of other areas outside of Phoenix that needs work because I don't live there, but I am sure there are a few other places in the state than can get brushed up one. Phoenix is one of the US's largest cities. If anything, it can get a rebuild and others just tweaked as necessary. I won't be surprised if Annie's work makes its way to Arizona eventually. I hope she adds more things to Wyoming to spread around ATS.
Last edited by flight50 on 21 Apr 2021 17:09, edited 1 time in total.
angrybirdseller

#236 Post by angrybirdseller » 21 Apr 2021 16:37

Arizona can be done incrementally, but think older truck-stops get upgraded with better layouts. Viewpoints think New Mexico be fine just replace older mountain model when feasible.

California and Nevada will take couple years at least do not see much with Arizona until California and Nevada are upgraded.
gandalf7472000

#237 Post by gandalf7472000 » 21 Apr 2021 17:16

First will finish California, If we take Germany rebuild as an example, this will take 1 to 2 years, then Nevada maybe a year and then will move to Arizona. As for view points I don't care if we have them or not. I don't use the feature, I like to see the world through the windshield of my truck.
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan
xXCARL1992Xx

#238 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 21 Apr 2021 17:33

from what i understand the team for ATS rework is a dedicated team, so it most likely wont take up to 2 years to finish if they update it with every major update a year
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#239 Post by flight50 » 21 Apr 2021 21:15

Yes the team is a dedicated team but it depends on how many people join the team or are on the team in general. A very small team could take awhile. A normal sized map team would be closer to the same time as a paid map dlc. California done in today's mapping standards won't take as long as Texas but it would take longer than the other states we have gotten within a year perhaps. I'm actually going with 1.5 years but it depends when do we get phase one and what is involved in phase 1.
gandalf7472000

#240 Post by gandalf7472000 » 21 Apr 2021 21:29

If I remember correctly, in the stream said they are working on the north part of california and doing only textures and enhancements to the road network, they will leave the cities for later
Last edited by gandalf7472000 on 22 Apr 2021 04:13, edited 1 time in total.
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan

Return to “General discussion about the game”