ATS 1.41 Speculation Thread

FloydianDude

Re: ATS 1.41 Speculation Thread

#251 Post by FloydianDude » 03 May 2021 18:53

So, SCS finally decided to improve the photo mode. This had to be done sooner or later and they thought it will be a good idea to update it with 1.41. It's nice to see photo mode getting some love however I found the changes a little bit disappointing.

First of all, the camera distance should've been extended. Especially the maximum camera height is unacceptably low. I think this is the most crucial problem with phote mode.

Also there should be a cabin view when taking photos. I mean, they're modelling the whole truck, exterior AND interior. But they're preventing us from moving inside the cabin. Like what's the point of that?

Being able to remove the driver from outside view might be a good option too.

Really, there is A LOT of thing that can be done. Guess they're not requiring THAT much of an effort tho.
Freeze338

#252 Post by Freeze338 » 03 May 2021 21:13

Well well photo mod. My little secret hobby when I'm playing this game. Taking screenshots such as this.
20210326145427_1.jpg
FloydianDude wrote: 03 May 2021 18:53 First of all, the camera distance should've been extended. Especially the maximum camera height is unacceptably low. I think this is the most crucial problem with phote mode.
Agreed. On some points that limitation makes a huge problem about the angle that you take. Since SCS says they wanted to save time without using commands that implement would be great. Otherwise we have to use dev cam and it would be a big contradictory.
FloydianDude wrote: 03 May 2021 18:53 Also there should be a cabin view when taking photos. I mean, they're modelling the whole truck, exterior AND interior. But they're preventing us from moving inside the cabin. Like what's the point of that?
https://youtu.be/MejsMhGVH_0?t=34

On this trailer we saw the thing that you've mentioned but it never implemented in the game. I also wanna know why that's still not a thing in the game?
FloydianDude wrote: 03 May 2021 18:53 Being able to remove the driver from outside view might be a good option too.
This! This is the reason why I came today and you've already mentioned it. Spot on! I would like to take photos like making an inspection or looking like taking a fuel on first person looking but my driver shines like a diamond and it destroys the idea. I don't think those ideas would be hard to implement in the game
supersobes
Global moderator

#253 Post by supersobes » 03 May 2021 22:01

Isn't there a console command that removes the limits on the interior camera position that SCS uses when they're making cinematics and promotion screenshots such as that International LoneStar trailer?
Freeze338

#254 Post by Freeze338 » 03 May 2021 22:11

I don't know. Even if there is it's still unavailable without console
Some newbie driver

#255 Post by Some newbie driver » 03 May 2021 22:26

@FloydianDude

The point of you don't moving inside the cabin is because the cabin is just scenery, not a "real cabin". Everything you could not see from the point of view of the default camera isn't modeled in lots of cases (there's no behind parts on the driver's seat in several trucks, for example). Not to mention than the whole interior cabin is a completely separated model that do not load the exterior model (they are swapped when we change to an external camera). That way they can reduce a lot the polygon count of the scene for a better performance. Daycabs in ATS had to do a lot of tricks regarding that because there's no truck to see if you look at the rear window.

Allow us to move freely inside the truck would require them to redo all the truck models and increase enormously the polygon count to cover all those tricks they do now, penalizing a lot the performance for everybody. That's what happens with some modded trucks. People that made them are very committed to detail, but doing so penalize a lot of players that just can't run those heavy mods.

Regards
Grizzly

#256 Post by Grizzly » 03 May 2021 22:56

What if you could switch to drivers view while in camera mode, rather than freecam in and out.
Freeze338

#257 Post by Freeze338 » 03 May 2021 23:14

@Some newbie driver
??? What unmodeled back are you talking about ?

About the performance, as soon as you don't look it won't effect anything. Beside it's not a huge deal.
Some newbie driver

#258 Post by Some newbie driver » 04 May 2021 06:34

For example: Do you see on that video de rear part of the seats? Or do you see a view through the rear window in the day cab model? You don't, right? There's a reason for that in several if not all trucks. Search for images of those models opened in blender (I've seen some here in the forum from time to time).

The inside cab 3D model is like the end of first Captain America movie.

While capi only sees the inside of the room he's allowed (like our camera is restricted inside the truck), everything seems realistic. Once he moves out of the places that were intended to be (like if we would move the camera out of its current fixed location and limited angles) then it becomes clear all the room was fake.
Freeze338

#259 Post by Freeze338 » 04 May 2021 09:56

https://youtu.be/oo_9NaudQ2s?t=14

Back side of the seat exist. You can see there on properly. I don't think they'll skip that part. Even some modders allows to move inside of the truck properly and it won't have any issue about performance. Even if they did, probably they did on non CAD files trucks. I'm OK with having this feature with the models such as Cascadia or Lonestar. Since our intention is taking good and realistic photos as the players we could tolerate those parts and take a good shot from there.

As the exterior for example this photo.
20210314010159_1.jpg
The road is blocked with XXX marks on that photo in front but photo mode allowed to block those XXX sign. The road ahead is not a driveable area but on the photo it looks like it's available. Since we are gonna take a good screenshots we can make good things even things didn't exist in the game.
xXCARL1992Xx

#260 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 04 May 2021 15:14

[ external image ]

he said some trucks not all, the newer ones will have a complete interior, the older ones still have some cuts in them, but even the newer trucks have some shortcuts that the player will never see
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”