ATS 1.41 Speculation Thread

supersobes
Global moderator

Re: ATS 1.41 Speculation Thread

#171 Post by supersobes » 09 Apr 2021 15:24

I usually stay between 55 MPH and 60 MPH as well. With the 1:20 map scale, it's just not realistic to be driving any faster when using the advanced physics settings due to the braking distance and the sharpness of curves. The fuel economy I get from driving at that speed is really good too! If ATS had a larger map scale like 1:10, then higher speeds would probably feel more realistic.
Some newbie driver

#172 Post by Some newbie driver » 09 Apr 2021 15:31

For those who play on regular monitors with near default FOV settings, the sensation of speed is also higher; so I suppose that drive way faster could be noticed even as excessive, dangerous or unnatural.

Always that, for any reason, I drive for quite a time using cabin zoon, I find that I end accelerating more due when zoomed everything slow down and I lost the sense of the speed I'm really driving.

Regards
supersobes
Global moderator

#173 Post by supersobes » 09 Apr 2021 15:37

I've definitely noticed that FOV has an effect on speed perception too. For me, I usually play with the FOV in the high 50s/low 60s. It's not the most realistic as I believe it was said that the most realistic FOV is somewhere in the low 50s, but this is still a lot narrower than the default FOV.

[ external image ]
xXCARL1992Xx

#175 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 09 Apr 2021 15:42

your FoV depends on your monitor size and the distance you eyes are from it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#176 Post by flight50 » 09 Apr 2021 17:26

1.41 speculation...........hmm. I wonder if we are about 6-8 weeks out from 1.41 open beta. Assuming Wyoming is on schedule for a June/July release, open beta for mid May to mid June would be on par with a June/July release for Wyoming. I'm hoping that before or during open beta that we can finally lay eyes on that California rebuild blog. We haven't seen anything since it was revealed for Xmas 2020 and I'm really curious as to what this phase 1 is really and what's the process in determining what all it will cover in each phase. Yesterday, Pavel mentioned they hired like 50 people last year even during the pandemic. That is great. Hopefully they are still bringing in more help. Specifically the map and asset teams. Jakub did say more will get added to that rebuild team and that will seriously speed up the pace.

Spring/Summer is also the the time of year when the biggest splash typically comes to ATS/ETS2. Would MP or the driving school debut for the Summer or is that more of a Winter update? If we get 1.41 for June/July, its very possible that we will not get another map dlc for the remainder of the year. Texas and HoR will be huge dlc's and there is a strong possibility that they both go to Q1/Q2 of 2022. Iberia just released so I'd even push HoR beyond Q2. I doubt they could make it out in 12 months from now if Iberia just released. Texas though could come for Q1/Q2 of 2022. HoR could ease back into the Winter time slot. So Winter 2022 for HoR perhaps.

Soooo that would mean that from Summer to Winter for this year, we could be looking at maintenance updates and feature addition updates only. Smaller dlc's are possible outside of map expansions as well.
Brendan0620

#177 Post by Brendan0620 » 09 Apr 2021 22:24

I did hear in the Christmas Stream that the Driving School is not expected to be this year, it's more of a long term thing I heard but I do not think it will come this year. As for Multiplayer, different story there. They showed some progress in the Multiplayer mode during the Christmas Stream and I think I also heard Pavel say that the only thing they need to work on other than finishing the networking was creating a lobby, So I actually do expect it for this year and possibly could expect it for the Summer along with what I previously said here. But I do think we could get multiplayer this year, this summer, I won't get my hopes up but it would be very cool to see it for both games in the summer for 1.41.

As for when I think it could come, I'm not going to make a date prediction but we could be 5-7 weeks away from Open Beta. For ATS, there are many things to blog, like 1.41 additions, Texas, and Wyoming. ATS blogs are about to come out in full swing so I can't wait to see what we hear next week, most likely another Wyoming blog I think since we might now be in the 2 week blog gap for Wyoming. We could also hear something about Texas next week. as for Northern California or something related to 1.41, it may be way too soon to blog those things, but we are definitely going to be packed with blogs for ATS, and I'm very excited for it!
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7 13700F -> MSI GeForce RTX 4060TI 16GB -> 32GB RAM -> Y40 Case
What is your Favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator?
Marcello Julio

#178 Post by Marcello Julio » 09 Apr 2021 22:55

The multiplayer I believe will come on 1.42 update in the end of the year. I don't see the multiplayer coming yet on 1.41 update.
flight50

#179 Post by flight50 » 10 Apr 2021 00:34

I'm not sure how far out MP is but remember it was teased Valentine's Day 2020 which was a year ago. Adding to that, no telling what work they did for 2019. So I can't rule out 1.41. ETS2 will need something for 1.41 too. I'm not saying 1.41 definitely brings MP but I am saying its possible. ATS is definitely about to get a heavy dose though. ETS2 just go its new truck and map. ATS could follow suite since the Xmas stream said both games have trucks coming. But the list is strong for ATS for 2021...Wyoming, California ph 2 releases. Texas blogs but Texas is more than likely 2022. Where's that mystery trailer dlc....did it get scrapped, probably not, just on the back burner or lower priority but there is a license obtained. I'm surprised that its taking this long though if they have a license already. Tuning packs could be in the mix now. Tire packs could be in the mix now. Industry cargo pack with Wyoming? Slim chance but its possible. Perhaps a mining pack. New trailers for ownership could come for both games but tankers are either Wyoming or Texas deput. Other trailers needed are step deck, curtain sider and improved car hauler. Would be great to get a side dump with Wyoming. RMD dumper for ownership for me if that's the case.
dkasper00

#180 Post by dkasper00 » 10 Apr 2021 02:09

It strikes me odd that curtain siders were in ets2 with the first wave and ats still doesn't.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.

Return to “General discussion about the game”