ATS 1.41 Speculation Thread

flight50

Re: ATS 1.41 Speculation Thread

#211 Post by flight50 » 20 Apr 2021 12:47

^Definitely. Its been requested as much as owned trailers and rigids. Honestly I see multi drop coming before rigids. Both systems will require quite a bit of programming work. But so will an improved AI. So the devs have to pick their poison. They aren't staffed in away that several crucial things can get out the door in the same update.
gandalf7472000

#212 Post by gandalf7472000 » 20 Apr 2021 13:55

^I see rigids before multi drop, easier to program you only add a chassis, and with little programming you ad the load, see how many rigid mods are available for ETS2
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan
flight50

#213 Post by flight50 » 20 Apr 2021 13:56

Rigids requires licenses, multi drop doesn't. Not to mention, rigids requires 3d models, programming, textures, lighting, sounds...multi drop is all programming and perhaps some 2d cargo def files.
gandalf7472000

#214 Post by gandalf7472000 » 20 Apr 2021 13:59

^good point, didn't think of that
Who knows scs might have lissences allready or working onto obtain them, might even working right now for multi drop, the furure will tell
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan
harishw8r

#215 Post by harishw8r » 20 Apr 2021 14:29

flight50 wrote: 20 Apr 2021 13:56 Rigids requires licenses, multi drop doesn't. Not to mention, rigids requires 3d models, programming, textures, lighting, sounds...multi drop is all programming and perhaps some 2d cargo def files.
Actually, both doesn’t require licenses, at least for the existing ETS2 vehicles (of course license is required if it’s an entirely different vehicle), IIRC the words of some dev. It’s all modeling and programming stuff, programming for the most part.

And such projects are Christmas-stream-worthy. I hope 2022 be the year we can see rigids.
gandalf7472000

#216 Post by gandalf7472000 » 20 Apr 2021 14:34

Right, I think Oscar mentioned it I
think they choose which chassis to include

Carl Sagan
flight50

#217 Post by flight50 » 20 Apr 2021 14:45

I'd like to think they do have some licenses. But the tricky part is, they have to do it for both games. Multi drop, the code is the same for both games for the most part. Both should be high on list to kick out though. I just don't see rigids coming to ATS at the same time. It could be seperate like Special Transport came in separate years. DX11 was addressed 2019. Sound was addressed 2020. Lighting addressed 2021. Several more big ticket items to go. Its assumed that neither Texas nor HoR makes it out this year so after 1.41 brings Wyoming, what will 1.42 bring? MP...the new WoTr, trucks, trailer dlc's, maintenance, new roads, California ph1? We have to have at least 1.42 this year to get Winter updates which brings the xmas event as well. Are they working on something heavy on the programming side to compensate map expansions for Winter?

Summer typically brings good updates and good news. Maybe Pavel mentions something this Summer for what's in store for Winter. Then in winter, we get the next map dlc's in line after Texas and HoR. ATS for sure will get an announcement because there are a confirmed 4 map teams. I don't think its 100% confirmed on multiple map teams for ETS2 yet because the maps are so huge, that most of the team is needed on the current dlc in the works. Wyoming will be released this Summer so Xmas will definitely let us know what's coming after Texas. All fingers crossed for Montana first, then Oklahoma. Oklahoma can get revealed around ATS's bday or early March as Texas wraps up for a Spring release. So if the pattern holds up moving forward, Spring will tell us the 2nd ATS state.

I still think there is a 10% chance that ATS could get 3 map dlc's for 2022. I use to say 2023 would be the first year that could happen but Texas throws everything off from the typical ATS releases. Texas more than likely leaves ATS without getting a Winter map for 2021. It could be like Iberia and push to Q1 of the following year. If Wyoming releases June/July 2021, that allows that team to go to Montana. Montana might be large but its no Texas nor California. Very open and 2/3's of it is fairly flat lands. Easier mapping than the current dlc's so the devs could knock out mapping it in 12 months. So Montana could be a our June/July 2022 dlc. If Texas releases Spring 2022 like April, the entire map team is available to slam out Oklahoma for the Winter 2022 map. Not all mappers will fit in Oklahoma so the remaining mappers can go to Louisiana and/or Kansas. Depends on how SCS wants to close in on Florida.

@harishw8r depends on the manufacturer. All negotiates are not the same and what SCS is allowed to do surely won't be the same for all 14 truck manufacturers they have under their belt. I don't see all 14 being easy to work with and allowing SCS to do what they'd like to do without some type of interaction with the 14 companies. Rigids is a bigger change than just adding a 8x4 chassis for HH. You are changing the physical form a bit more. In ATS, it might be better to do medium duty trucks instead of rigids. There are some rigids here but its not like in Europe. Heck I just saw my first one ever in Texas about a month ago. I was quite excited actually, lol. So rigids isn't quite out of the question. This below is still a medium duty truck though. I'm not sure if we can get both medium duty and Class 8 rigids in ATS. Perhaps too much work to develop for medium duty. Buttttt that could actually bring in another audience. Those that want to drive but don't want to deal with a semi trailer. Straight trucks could be the perfect solution for those type of players. The same docks can be used, same gas stations and so forth.

[ external image ]
SmokeyWolf

#218 Post by SmokeyWolf » 20 Apr 2021 16:12

@flight50 Believe it or not that is actually a Class 8. Anything over 26,0001 gvw is a class 8 and anything over 10,000 and less than 26,0001 is Class 7 or medium duty.
flight50

#219 Post by flight50 » 20 Apr 2021 16:58

Ohhh okay. Thanks for the heads up. Good to know. Honestly I just assumed that all Class 8 trucks was a 5th wheel tractor with its trailer attached. I didn't factor in weight at all.
supersobes
Global moderator

#220 Post by supersobes » 20 Apr 2021 17:11

I'd be really cool to have some of the class 8 rigids that they drive in the Pacific Northwest such as those shown here. If SCS can secure licensing to make such trucks from at least some of the manufacturers in ATS, then I think it would be a good addition to the game.

Return to “General discussion about the game”