Has anybody ever actually seen this random event spawn in game?

danbywinby

Has anybody ever actually seen this random event spawn in game?

#1 Post by danbywinby » 13 Apr 2021 16:51

Hi All

Just a simple quick question.

Has anybody ever actually seen this random event spawn in the game whilst playing in the game?

[ external image ]
flight50

Re: Has anybody ever actually seen this random event spawn in game?

#2 Post by flight50 » 14 Apr 2021 01:11

I've see that but I don't think its an event. I think its static actually. There is a fire truck in Oregon I think that is in the middle of a tree. It was reported way back in 2018 when Oregon released and its still not fixed to my knowledge. There is also another one that I passed going both directions a few weeks ago. The truck was there both times I traveled it. So I don't think its an even but I could be wrong.
danbywinby

#3 Post by danbywinby » 14 Apr 2021 16:06

Interesting. Its available in the map editor as an event so I would have thought it is supposed to spawn but if they have static versions in the map then that makes no sense.
bobgrey1997

#4 Post by bobgrey1997 » 14 Apr 2021 16:19

flight50 wrote: 14 Apr 2021 01:11 I've see that but I don't think its an event. I think its static actually. There is a fire truck in Oregon I think that is in the middle of a tree. It was reported way back in 2018 when Oregon released and its still not fixed to my knowledge. There is also another one that I passed going both directions a few weeks ago. The truck was there both times I traveled it. So I don't think its an even but I could be wrong.
I don't think this is that bug... The tree here is not IN the truck, but rather leaning ON the truck.
Not sure how such a tree would come to rest on a truck like that. Perhaps it fell, but it doesn't look like a natural event. It looks like the fireman placed it there before he began cutting it. Not sure why someone would do that, or how...
abasstreppas

#5 Post by abasstreppas » 14 Apr 2021 16:24

Also it's just one (1) tree out on the plains, with no other trees around. So if that tree just decided to fell over the fire truck, what is the chance? :lol:
danbywinby

#6 Post by danbywinby » 14 Apr 2021 17:14

Seems like some people are getting the wrong idea here. The screenshot is of a random event that i am spawning in the map editor and then taking a screenshot of. Below is another screenshot of the same event.

[ external image ]

As you can see the tree is not actually on/in the fire truck. So that is not the issue i am referring to.

The issue i am referring to is that the event does not appear to actually spawn in the game. Below is a screenshot of another event just like this that doesn't seem to spawn.

[ external image ]

Below is the code for both of these events from def/world/journey_road_event.sii:

Code: Select all

journey_events_road_event : j_re.shop_p
{
	layer_cutscenes[]: j_cut.shop
	layer_min_curve[]: 0.0            // [degree]
	layer_max_curve[]: 5.0        // [degree]
	max_length: 34.0        // [m]
	min_length: 32.0        // [m]
	min_shoulder_space: 0.0                    // [m]
	traffic_block: false
	tunnel_forbidden: true
	bridge_forbidden: true
	outer_lane_allowed: true
	weight: 10.0
}
journey_events_road_event : j_re.shop
{
	parents[]: j_re.shop_p
	area_tag: shop
	name: "Shop both ways (1)"
	parents[]: j_re.super_parent
}
journey_events_road_event : j_re.shop_l
{
	backward_allowed: true
	forward_allowed: false
	area_tag: shop_l
	name: "Shop left (1)"
}
journey_events_road_event : j_re.shop_r
{
	backward_allowed: false
	forward_allowed: true
	area_tag: shop_r
	name: "Shop right (1)"
}
journey_events_road_event : j_re.tree_p
{
	layer_cutscenes[]: j_cut.tree
	layer_min_curve[]: 0.0            // [degree]
	layer_max_curve[]: 5.0        // [degree]
	max_length: 32.0        // [m]
	min_length: 28.0      // [m]
	traffic_block: false
	slow_down_passing: false
	min_shoulder_space: 0.0
	tunnel_forbidden: true
	bridge_forbidden: true
	outer_lane_allowed: true
}
journey_events_road_event : j_re.tree
{
	parents[]: j_re.tree_p
	area_tag: tree
	name: "Accident tree both ways (1)"
}
journey_events_road_event : j_re.tree_r
{
	forward_allowed: true
	backward_allowed: false
	area_tag: tree_r
	name: "Accident tree right (1)"
}
journey_events_road_event : j_re.tree_l
{
	forward_allowed: false
	backward_allowed: true
	area_tag: tree_l
	name: "Accident tree left (1)"
}
As you can see they both have the following line:

So they should spawn, so if anyone actually has seen these events spawn in the world please say.

However there is one line that i don't fully understand myself and that is:

area_tag: shop
area_tag: shop_l
area_tag: shop_r
area_tag: tree
area_tag: tree_l
area_tag: tree_r
I wonder if this is the reason the events aren't spawning in the game, if they are indeed not spawning.
supersobes
Global moderator

#7 Post by supersobes » 14 Apr 2021 17:38

Maybe they decided not to use the event because of how unrealistic it is. In both of the screenshots shown, it makes so sense for that event to take place there because there are no other trees around. There usually wouldn't just be one random tree by the road in the middle of a field. In addition to that, most of the roads in ATS are major state-maintained highways rather than back roads. On roads like this, the road's right of way, which refers the strip of land between the physical edge of the road and the edge of the property that belongs to the road, is maintained regularly, including things like tree trimming and grass mowing, so the chances that a tree that large being so close to the edge of the road are unlikely.
flight50

#8 Post by flight50 » 15 Apr 2021 00:22

If anyone would be chopping up a tree like that it would be a landscaping company that cuts down trees and hauls a shredder around, not a fire truck. That's how it work in the US to my knowledge........or it could just be DFW. I don't know 100%.
[ external image ]
bobgrey1997

#9 Post by bobgrey1997 » 15 Apr 2021 05:11

supersobes wrote: 14 Apr 2021 17:38...the road's right of way, which refers the strip of land between the physical edge of the road and the edge of the property that belongs to the road...
This is called an "easement". It is not property that belongs to the road. That land is actually still under the ownership of whoever owns the surrounding land.
When a road is built, an easement is established along it on both sides(usually extending 15 feet away from the road). The government pays every property owner for RIGHTS to use that land, NOT ownership of it. These rights include utility work, landscaping, widening the road, maintaining the road, etc. The property owner still owns the easement, and is allowed to use it, but is not allowed to build any permanent structures on it.

When the road is widened, the government buys the portion of the easement needed for the new surfaces of the road, and pays for additional easement rights to maintain the same size easement.

However, you are correct in that any vegetation within the easement is usually removed, and the grass is mowed often to prevent such vegetation from growing in it again.
iowatruckerdgh48

#10 Post by iowatruckerdgh48 » 15 Apr 2021 14:39

flight50 wrote: 15 Apr 2021 00:22 If anyone would be chopping up a tree like that it would be a landscaping company that cuts down trees and hauls a shredder around, not a fire truck. That's how it work in the US to my knowledge........or it could just be DFW. I don't know 100%.
This is also the way it is done in Iowa and Minnesota.
Last edited by supersobes on 15 Apr 2021 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image from quote [Forum rule 2.13]

Return to “General discussion about the game”