#BestCommunityEver - An open letter

Zeyadtarek952

Re: #BestCommunityEver - An open letter

#31 Post by Zeyadtarek952 » 05 May 2021 18:11

Let's wait and see what scs will do

But I still don't know why when I say my opinion about older trucks everyone gets upset because of me

Anyways I don't see any fixes to ai or new truck in 1.41 despite the compliants but I don't think scs will do anything
flight50

#32 Post by flight50 » 05 May 2021 18:31

1.41 is just starting to unfold. So far, we can conclude a couple of things right now. This new camera mode and Wyoming will be in 1.41. Over the course of the next 2 months, we should start getting some blogs on what's coming. We know a few things in the works like California rebuild, at least 1 ATS truck, Texas, MP, more than likely driving school and a licensed trailer. But we have no information at to what's coming when. So yeahhh, its the waiting game.
saur44l

#33 Post by saur44l » 05 May 2021 19:13

Speaking about updating older models,generally it is a nice idea,and who knows,maybe down the line when the model(trucks)department has more people,they will start sparing some of them for working on older trucks,just like they are doing with the older map parts right now.
flight50

#34 Post by flight50 » 05 May 2021 19:27

With manpower, heck yeah. No issues there. Eventually trucks will thin out. There will only be so much the game really needs. Sure there are new generations that kick out over the years and they might make the games but with the vast majority that will be in the games, they could spare a few. For now, the team is stretched thin between both games for trucks, AI trucks, AI cars, cargo and trailers.
danbywinby

#35 Post by danbywinby » 05 May 2021 22:11

1. Agreed. 100000% agreed. There are so many issues with the AI and it is the number one complaint about ETS2/ATS for me. I really hope it is on SCSs list to improve at some point, hopefully this year, in a perfect world 1.41 will be a massive update. :lol: we can dream haha.

2. Also agreed. This is something that seems to only affect ATS though, not experienced any issues with the traffic lights in ETS2. And I've experienced the issue where you are at the front of the lights and the light turns green but for what ever reason you are a little slow at pulling off and before you know it it's turning red again before you are fully past it and you get fined.

3. The only issues I have with speed limits are where it suddenly changes from one speed to another and then back again. I think these are bugs though and I think it was mentioned that they had been fixed in 1.40.

4. Agreed. At the moment weigh stations have no real purpose. I also agree withnothers about how it would be great to see more AI using the weigh stations.
Zeyadtarek952

#36 Post by Zeyadtarek952 » 05 May 2021 23:03

I wonder if I scale at these scales at truck stops, will that reduce the chance that I have to pull into an inspection

Because stopping and accelerating takes time and fuel
Bob123412

#37 Post by Bob123412 » 08 May 2021 21:08

1. Ai. Fix it.

2. Traffic lights do need to be fixed. I would love to see the implementation of sensor-based traffic lights and maybe some better traffic light timing. Also agree that the tea intersections what left turn signals need to be addressed. In fact the left turn signals should be redone in general for example the flashing yellow as was mentioned. not all intersections with left turn specific lights are always red for the left turns.I also know that in some areas of the US traffic light shut off overnight in the same way they do in ets2 although I'm not sure the distribution of this especially on the West coast as I have no experience over there.

3. I've never had a problem with speed limits in the game except for some of the speed limits on the way stations where it says it's 15 even though you're on the acceleration ramp and the speed limit doesn't matter at that point as you should be accelerating to the highway speeds. The speeds that drop for very short periods of time are realistic. I was just in Florida on the back road and there was a quarter mile stretch that dropped down to 45 from 65 for absolutely no reason. This usually happens around heavy intersections especially ones with traffic lights but this particular instance there I did not see any reason for it.

4. Weigh stations I've always hated the weigh stations in this game they always felt very unrealistic but I've always put it on the back burner because again I find way stations operate differently depending on what state you're in and as I had no experience in any of the states that are currently in the game I just figured that might be the way they work over there the same as with lane widths.

The problem with weigh stations first of all is that weight doesn't matter in this game and there are no weight rules which fundamentally makes them useless. Now in terms of inspection stations they might be useful however there is no random inspection process in this game it's just if your truck is damaged you get a fine and if your truck is not damaged you get to keep going. Again this is unrealistic as the inspections themselves generally are randomized. You could drive through the same scale a million times without getting inspected and with your truck in the state of disrepair without getting fine. weigh stations do not communicate with one another so it is perfectly it is realistic to get into pulled into every weigh station along is a stretch of highway.

Another problem with weigh stations is the prepass system that is implemented in the game. First of all this system doesn't exist in every state, it's also completely optional and you have to pay for it if you want it. Every scale in the US, as I was mentioned in another post, how's the sign that indicates whether or not the scale is open or closed. Wide open all tracks my center unless the state has a prepass system when closed all trucks bypass. Certain States it's coming for scales to only be open at certain times of the day. North Carolina for example you'll rarely see any scales open on Saturday or Sundays. A lot of other places you won't see any scales open between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. . This is common practice. There's only a few scales in the game that actually have a signed indicate whether they're open or not and I believe that is in the Colorado DLC. But again with the prepass system these signs are meaningless as you just follow the prepass system. also I don't think the signs ever turn off which effectively means the scale is always open which also seems a tad unrealistic but as I'm not from there and I don't drive there I don't know the local ways.

Just a side note on the sliding of your tandems it is useful to do when empty as sliding your tandums changes the pivot point of your trailer which changes maneuvering. If the tandems are all the way to the tail (which is illegal on a 53 ft) than more space is required for making a turn. When your tandems are all the way to the front, less room is required, this makes it easier to maneuver tight areas such as Intercity driving on the East coast in cities like New York, Boston, Montreal and Washington DC. It's also common for some companies to ask you to move your tandems all the way to the tail when being loaded or unloaded. This requires pulling the tatums all the way to the tail for loading / unloading process and then moving them again back to a legal position to get back onto the road. Personally I prefer maneuvering a trailer with the tandems at the 41 foot mark however if I do have a heavy load on I get lazy and once I move the wheels all the way to the front I just leave them there when empty.

Return to “General discussion about the game”