Has anybody seen these city random events spawning in game recently?

danbywinby

Has anybody seen these city random events spawning in game recently?

#1 Post by danbywinby » 13 May 2021 09:30

Hi All

I beleive that there is an issue with the 'area_tag' feature of the 'journey_events_road_event' in the latest version of ETS2 as for all of my events that use it i am not seeing them spawn in the game in the cities or anywhere. For more details see my bug report thread: viewtopic.php?f=278&t=300018

Unfortunately in the ETS2 vanilla game there are next to no events that use this 'area_tag' feature however in ATS there are quite a few that have 'area_tag: urban_area' that should make them only spawn in the city areas. If there is an issue with this feature in ETS2 then there is a very good chance that the same issue exists in ATS because they are more or less the same game in terms of the engine and the code.

So below are screenshots that i've taken from the map editor of the various events in ATS that have 'area_tag: urban_area' and so should spawn in the city areas in the game.Has anybody seen these city random events spawning in game recently?

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Last edited by danbywinby on 13 May 2021 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
parasaurolophus67

Re: Has anybody seen these city random events spawning in game recently?

#2 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 13 May 2021 13:01

this has been around since road events has been introduced
KrysEmlyn

#3 Post by KrysEmlyn » 13 May 2021 16:02

I've seen the vehicle accidents periodically, the water geyser from the manhole, and the scene with the tripod in the closed off lane each a few times, but they do no frequently appear in developed areas.
Looking at the tags attached to the traffic rules, you may try also adding the "area" tag where the "urban_area" is listed.
Both are shown attached to the "urban_area" traffic rule in the "traffic_rules.sii" file when I was poking around in the ETS2 files.
danbywinby

#4 Post by danbywinby » 13 May 2021 18:27

I am now 100% certain that there is an issue with this 'area_tag' feature.I have just checked several ATS cities myself and i did not see any of these city random events.

I set g_road_events to 10 via the console to turn the spawn rate of them up really high but didn't see any of these city events, saw plenty of the others though.

Return to “General discussion about the game”