What is your favourite city/town from each state?

SmokeyWolf

Re: What is your favourite city/town from each state?

#21 Post by SmokeyWolf » 16 May 2021 20:19

@bobgrey1997 Been through Flippin before.
bobgrey1997

#22 Post by bobgrey1997 » 17 May 2021 01:20

It's actually a nice little town. It is home to one of the largest bass boat manufacturers. This would actually be a nice depot in ATS.
What had you end up in Flippin?
SmokeyWolf

#23 Post by SmokeyWolf » 17 May 2021 01:41

@bobgrey1997 Use to run out of El Dorado, AR back to Missouri with ammonia nitrate.

Use to run through Conway all the time.
bobgrey1997

#24 Post by bobgrey1997 » 17 May 2021 01:49

Oh! You from Arkansas? I'm from Conway, but haven't been back there in a couple months now.
supersobes
Global moderator

#25 Post by supersobes » 17 May 2021 03:09

My favourite cities in each state:
  • California - I have no comments on this state until after the rebuild. The current California is just not very good, in my opinion.
  • Nevada - Las Vegas - It's pretty nice after the rebuild there, especially Interstate 15. After natvander fixed the road signs, it feels really nice to drive though there.
  • Arizona - Kayenta - I don't really visit Arizona that much in ATS anymore, but I do frequently drive though Kayenta on my way from Utah to New Mexico. I like feeling of those back roads though the desert.
  • New Mexico - Gallup - Interstate 40 in western New Mexico is one of my favourite roads in ATS. The road signs, environment, landmarks, junctions, etc. are really nice there.
  • Oregon - Portland - This is the city where my trucking company has been headquartered for quite a while now. I like the urban road network here. And again, the road signage in this area is really nicely done.
  • Washington - Kennewick - Interstate 182 and US-395 are really nice roads. The shopping center with the Home Store and Wallbert feels really realistic. The railyard in Pasco is nice.
  • Utah - Ogden - The road network here reminds me of the road network in the Chicago suburbs. The Freeport Center industrial park is nice. Riverdale Road is cool.
  • Idaho - Boise - The urban feeling of downtown is captured really well. The neighbourhood I used to live in is also included in Boise in ATS. It's pretty accurate to the real thing.
  • Colorado - Denver - Interstate 70 through Denver is really cool. The road work scene there is really immersive. The industrial parks and truck stop in Aurora are cool. Hampden Avenue has a nice suburban feeling.
harishw8r

#26 Post by harishw8r » 17 May 2021 03:47

California - Los Angeles, mostly due to the surrounding road network.

Nevada - Overall the state could’ve been better, but if I have to pick one, I’d say Las Vegas, which is apparently the only good city in the state. Reno has the potential to be a much better city.

Arizona - Flagstaff/Grand Canyon and surrounding roads.

New Mexico - Roswell. It’s beautiful.

Oregon - There are many (like all the towns) favourites here but if I have to pick one … Medford. It has a lot to offer.

Washington - Seattle, I guess no second thought here 😅

Utah - Vernal. Can’t give up the beauty of US-40 and the upcoming portion of US-191!

Idaho - CDA/Sandpoint and Salmon. I’m operating from Salmon. Tbh It’s really hard to pick one here. ATS Idaho is so underrated, people complain about less mileage and even I do complain about elevation issues but in the end, Idaho is as good as Colorado.

Colorado - Fort Collins and Alamosa. Used to station there for a while.

Wyoming - I have devcammed to Evanston and it’s beautiful! However from the blog visuals, I’d say Jackson (so far).
Sora

#27 Post by Sora » 17 May 2021 04:21

-CA: San Francisco: Even though it has a lot of issues, it still does a commendable job of capturing the feel of the city.
-NV: Las Vegas: Rework and 1.40 fixed most of my issues with the city, it's cool now. Honorable mention to Reno because driving through it for the first time was the big "wow" moment for me when I came here from ETS2.
-AZ: Phoenix: Like SF it has realism issues, but in a vacuum I really like the layout of the city. Flagstaff and Clifton are great too.
-NM: Farmington: Every road out of Farmington is great.
-OR: Astoria: Columbia River is a fantastic area and the bridge is awesome. I like every city in Oregon though.
-WA: Aberdeen: I guess? Really hard to pick one, I like every city in WA.
-UT: Moab: I have my garage here because it's the best post-loading-screen scenery in the game, and it's close to the best areas of the surrounding states and Utah proper.

Haven't spent enough time in ID or CO to judge, although Denver is neat.
MT269

#28 Post by MT269 » 17 May 2021 04:38

bobgrey1997 wrote: 16 May 2021 18:30
I've never hear of a town called Page in Arkansas. Sounds like it would be similar to Oil Trough... Maybe Flippin...
I initially overlooked the fact that Arizona is not abbreviated with AR. I'm not a local. Glad that you got some fun out of it at least.
bobgrey1997

#29 Post by bobgrey1997 » 17 May 2021 04:53

Yeah. You'd be surprised, ecen locals do the same.
I once had a package get lost, and when I eventually called the post office, they read "Conway, AR" and said "looks like your package is on it's way to Conway, Arizona..." to which I responded with "what is a Conway, Arizona?" (there are only two Conways in the country, and neither are Arizona).

Ah, I've found a total of 10 incorporated municipalities in the US named Conway, however none are in Arizona.
clifflandmark

#30 Post by clifflandmark » 17 May 2021 07:56

Las Vegas, NV

Return to “General discussion about the game”