Anyone start with ATS then move to real trucking?

geebee75

Re: Anyone start with ATS then move to real trucking?

#11 Post by geebee75 » 05 Jun 2021 03:48

EllieODaire wrote: 05 Jun 2021 01:52 I did this. ATS came out in Feb 2016 and by the end of March I was in Missoula MT getting my CDL and knowing the base concepts of how to back a trailer already (mostly thanks to ETS2 rather than ATS) gave me a huge leg up going through the training.
Nice! So was it helpful to learn backing in the game first? Meaning, if you became good at it in the game are you suddenly almost really good for real?
EllieODaire

#12 Post by EllieODaire » 06 Jun 2021 02:04

It helped a ton. One of the hardest things for new truck drivers is thinking about the vehicle as a whole and how it moves together and not just "turn wheel left/right truck go left/right," and learning to back in ETS2 & ATS can prepare you very well for understanding what you're doing in the real thing way quicker.
Zwarte00Piet

#13 Post by Zwarte00Piet » 17 Jun 2021 11:48

I have been playing since the first wheels of steel game and did follow up on that career.
After high school I first started driving coaches across Europe and towards Morocco/Tunisia while playing the newer games. Did that for 7 years and now since two years ago I got my CDL and driving a tanker across Europe and Balkan :) highly recommended to go for it if you like the games.
ATS and ETS are insanely fun but actually being in the cab and doing it for real is a huge difference.
JSWarrell

#14 Post by JSWarrell » 19 Jun 2021 23:48

I was intending on being one of those people when I was 14 playing 18 WOS Haulin. By the time I turned 21 and could sign up for an OTR company and get my CDL, I didn't want to do it anymore. I decided I would rather fix stuff and be home every day, so I went to school to be a mechanic instead. Don't get me wrong, I still love the trucking industry and might still do it one day, but for now I'm perfectly content with driving virtual trucks so I don't have to do it in real life.
clifflandmark

#15 Post by clifflandmark » 20 Jun 2021 15:38

Freeze338 wrote: 27 May 2021 17:36 If I have guts, I would quit my job and be a truck driver.
I guess you do that if it's US. you know what they call it here :

"Geography is fate" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Freeze338

#16 Post by Freeze338 » 25 Jun 2021 15:02

clifflandmark wrote: 20 Jun 2021 15:38
I guess you do that if it's US. you know what they call it here :

"Geography is fate" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh well you are one of us then :D

I could do that in here as well and earn more money if I have good connections. Especially if I drive in Europe I could earn 4 times more than I earn. But it's a rough job and we have Cabovers that doesn't have much personal space and I feel uncomfortable in it. If we have conventionals like US, I would seriously think to be a truck driver.

Return to “General discussion about the game”