ATS 1.41 discussion

J.Random

Re: ATS 1.41 Open Beta discussion

#1801 Post by J.Random » 17 Jun 2021 23:59

Drove through two of them today (I-5 entering CA from OR and the one south of Klamath Falls). In both cases drove on top on hologram (it disappeared, as expected), tried to start the inspection and got nothing. "Nothing to activate" in the logs. Drove out just to get fined on exit. Something's wrong with them, methinks.
And the one on I-5 may have been influenced by broken weigh station south of Medford. Noticed that the green light didn't go away and was still on when I entered Ag station. Thought that's what caused the Ag weirdness.
Last edited by J.Random on 18 Jun 2021 00:01, edited 1 time in total.
parasaurolophus67

#1802 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 17 Jun 2021 23:59

Then you might as well report them then.
J.Random

#1803 Post by J.Random » 18 Jun 2021 00:02

That's why I asked here first: some issues come up because SCS updates Linux/Mac depots with a delay sometimes.
HammerlaneHippie

#1804 Post by HammerlaneHippie » 18 Jun 2021 00:10

flight50 wrote: 16 Jun 2021 14:05
Drayman wrote: 16 Jun 2021 13:09 A couple of very miner lighting issues.

1) Beacons no longer reflect back from scenery items at night.
Check your settings. You might have it on the one that doesn't reflect back. I think there is 0,1,2. I have mine on 1 iirc and it does not reflect back into the environment but that was by choice. I think you need setting 2 to reflect back. I don't remember the command though. But I know it had the word beacon in it.

https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... e/Commands. I'm not sure if this list is still valid but you can try it.
Before I go in and change the wrong setting, Which one should I be looking for?
The bigger they are, the harder they haul!
Tarso
Beta tester

#1805 Post by Tarso » 18 Jun 2021 00:10

@J.Random Just confirmed the issue here, i'll report it now to SCS
J.Random

#1806 Post by J.Random » 18 Jun 2021 00:14

@Tarso Just did. But if you have access to their tracker, feel free to add my log to your report as well.
Tarso
Beta tester

#1807 Post by Tarso » 18 Jun 2021 00:15

Sure, will do

Running from the check also didn't gave me any fine

Edit: another try and i had a fine
Seems like if you run away just after hitting enter you get fined, like the check was running in the backgroung just no feedback for the driver
xTHANATOPSISx

#1808 Post by xTHANATOPSISx » 18 Jun 2021 02:02

@eshvos I don't want to drag out a lengthy retarder discussion in this thread, but like I said, Allison offers an integrated retarder with there automatics. Those transmissions specifically are primarily geared to vocational truck rather than line-haul.

Honestly, at least in the US, class 8 truck specifications and options are kind of a "you have to ask" thing. If you want to see what available beyond general cab and sleeper configurations and interior colors, you have to speak with a dealer. Even for "on the lot, ready to go" trucks different dealers often have different options they like to spec versus other dealers because it's what sells a truck in their local market. And those "standards" change over the years. Used to be dealers would commonly spec a power passenger window but a manual driver window because reasons. Even my 01 W900L had manual adjusting mirrors while power was an option for years before. Not until KW switched to their newer interior did power for both mirrors and both windows become fairly common in dealer-spec'd trucks. That said, when my father ordered his new W900L in '95 he spec'd all the power options, picked what gauges when where in the dash, how the switches were laid out and even had some stuff done that wasn't a line item option, and had to be approved by the factory "special engineering" people. But he could order almost anything he could describe, within reason.

My '01 has preinstalled wiring in the harness labled for gauges for the temp for an auxiliary transmission even though those were exceedingly uncommon as a option by then. Obviously they were available even if you'd never see one to speak of.

Another thing that makes trucks with things like retarders rare to spot is they were often owned by guys that were going to keep that truck for a very, very long time. Special ordered trucks are kind of a big deal to owners and they don't part with them. Also trucks with really killer option sets often tend to be sold before they're listed because dealers know of people looking for stuff like that and can make a few calls and have a buyer without ever listing the truck for sale. Add to that the fact that a lot of dealers for used and new trucks alike do a terrible job of listing trucks with all their specs and featured and even often times do a poor job of taking representative photos. The number of cool features it seems no one knows about is wild but if you do a LOT of research, visit the industry truck shows and so on, you can learn about these poorly documented options. It's a real pain to stay up on what is and isn't available.

I've done some looking and it's hard to find information on things I personally know are out there. It's just kind of the way the industry works over here for some reason. It's like they want to keep this stuff a secret. Fleets don't need a lot of these special options so they don't make a big deal of selling them I guess.
R0adrunner

#1809 Post by R0adrunner » 18 Jun 2021 09:19

Tarso wrote: 17 Jun 2021 20:39 Dunno if it would affect ingame, but make sure you have both comms and main input set to the same mic you are using ingame.

Also, try mic settings in steam config menus and see if everything is ok there too.
I checked both of the settings you suggested. From windows -> sound control panel -> changed my headset to 'default communications device'. In Steam -> friends & chat -> settings -> voice -> chose my headset as 'voice input device' (was 'default'). The mic finally seems to be working in convoy-mode. Thank you @Tarso!
I've never done that before, so I'm sure I can do it (Långstrump, Pippi)
Hard Times in Scandinavia a.k.a. HTiS (story and pics)
Movin' on - my ATS adventures
My WoT page
Knightrider

#1810 Post by Knightrider » 18 Jun 2021 13:50

Is there a way to make fatigue always off for convoy, whilst remaining active while on single player? fatigue would turn itself off when joining a convoy, and as soon as the convoy session ends, fatigue is active again,

Regards
Last edited by Knightrider on 18 Jun 2021 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.

Return to “General discussion about the game”