ATS 1.41 discussion

GinXeng

Re: ATS 1.41 Open Beta discussion

#1661 Post by GinXeng » 11 Jun 2021 07:04

jbaron83 wrote: 11 Jun 2021 03:30 I note with concern that many people who did not acquire the game legally can access the servers. The game should be validated so that those pirates cannot play multiplayer. It doesn't seem fair to those of us who pay for the game and buy the dlc
Nothing is fair, life isn't fair, pirates have existed for hundreds of years and will continue to do what they do best. Every game always suffers from piracy no matter how hard you try, I'm not condoning what they do but why even worry yourself over it. If somehow SCS finds a way, pirates will continue to play online on their own pirated servers.
ThePlagueDoctor186

#1662 Post by ThePlagueDoctor186 » 11 Jun 2021 08:09

jbaron83 wrote: 11 Jun 2021 03:30 I note with concern that many people who did not acquire the game legally can access the servers. The game should be validated so that those pirates cannot play multiplayer. It doesn't seem fair to those of us who pay for the game and buy the dlc
As someone who has paid a lot of money for all the DLC's and the base game and such. I concur with this idea. I don't want to be playing with these people. Perhaps there could be a possibility to encourage them to forsake their wicked ways and just buy the game.
Always keep the Greasy/Rubber side down and the shiny side up. Even if what is supposed to be shiny isn't shiny anymore. But still it's always better to stay on top of the wheels none the less!
JuanM70

#1663 Post by JuanM70 » 11 Jun 2021 09:21

TalkingDonkey wrote: 11 Jun 2021 03:11 I have a small wish for 1.41, could you add an opportiunity to select input audio divice for the CB radio, I would love to be able to select other divice thanm what I uuse for Discord. Best wishes Talking Donkey.
Thanks for very awesome content
If I understood you correctly, a temporary solution is to select another audio device in Discord. Example I use in Discord the USB headphones and in CB the default audio
xTHANATOPSISx

#1664 Post by xTHANATOPSISx » 11 Jun 2021 11:58

I think it might be ideal to be able to select both the input and output devices for the CB separately from the game audio. Reason being, and I'm sure its not going to be all the common, but imagine someone with a nicer sim setup would like to have a semi-realistic setup with the CB audio coming from a separate speaker not unlike a CB extension speaker. I would certainly like to set up something like that at some point if I ever get the chance/space to do so.

It might also be good for someone that has a odd setup for voice such as a one-sided headset that they don't want game audio going to but it's the only option they currently have for voice or something. Again, can't be too common, but it would be nice to have the option to play with.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#1665 Post by Mohegan13 » 11 Jun 2021 12:10

KW_Driver wrote: 11 Jun 2021 04:43
not true at all.. many mods on the workshop do not have a version restriction on them.
You seem to be confusing the ability to update mods to the workshop with them having version restrictions.

As I said, no modder is able to upload 1.41 mods to the workshop because SCS's upload tool will not allow you to. The tool won't be updated until ETS2 switches from EB to OB and only when SCS are sure they are no changes that might be required.

Version restrictions are a completely pointless topic. My mods aren't version restricted, but one of them will sure as hell crash your game because I can't upload the 1.41 compatible version yet.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
ThePlagueDoctor186

#1666 Post by ThePlagueDoctor186 » 12 Jun 2021 04:42

CTRL + F9 is now no longer working for me. It was working the last time, but now, it's not. I don't know what is going on here.

EDIT:

I figured it out. I am using a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 which has an annoying thing with it where it disables the Function Keys with the F-Lock key. So, I looked down and noticed the light was turned off and I realized what kind of a fool I made out of myself. :oops:
Always keep the Greasy/Rubber side down and the shiny side up. Even if what is supposed to be shiny isn't shiny anymore. But still it's always better to stay on top of the wheels none the less!
Ludo Diabolo

#1667 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 12 Jun 2021 08:24

I've been trying to downgrade the game to 1.40 to play again on my vanilla profile, but it tells me that the savegame is incompatible with the 1.40 version and that I need to be in 1.41?

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to downgrade to 1.40 or not, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to downgrade to 1.41. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to downgrade to 1.40 or not, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to downgrade to 1.41.
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
zippe

#1668 Post by zippe » 12 Jun 2021 08:27

well it was clearly stated from SCS that profile would get incompatible
"Also, we highly recommend that you backup your profiles or use a fresh one, because the save-game version from this branch will make any profile incompatible with the current non-beta version of the game."
xCrazyDogx

#1669 Post by xCrazyDogx » 12 Jun 2021 08:31

Normally when using EOB or OB, you can load old save if the save was from the official version, now it will not let you. It greys out the option to continue at all.
SCS might have made that more clear since they keep saying similar like that each EOB and OB, so most know but not able to load your "older" saves is new.

That is why they recommended to make new profile cause downgrading from 1.40 back to 1.41 is possible but every profile loaded fully in 1.41 will not work in 1.40. I did that by accident in ATS now i have 2 choices : stay in 1.41 or downgrade back to 1.40 and not play ATS :lol:
Due to so many changes with the convoy mode you can not load save from 1.40 even if back on 1.40.
Ludo Diabolo

#1670 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 12 Jun 2021 08:35

What I don't understand is that precisely to avoid this problem, I played on the OB on a brand new profile created precisely for 1.41.

But my 1.40 vanilla profile doesn't work anymore, even after downgrading...

It's 2 different profiles, with different backups...
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.

Return to “General discussion about the game”