ATS 1.41 discussion

Vinnie Terranova

Re: ATS 1.41 Open Beta discussion

#1721 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 14 Jun 2021 10:59

This thread contains brief changelogs. And although the F9-key is a dev tool, it is commonly used by a lot of gamers, including modders, so it therefore should be included in the changelog.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#1722 Post by Mohegan13 » 14 Jun 2021 13:27

It doesn't matter how many people use it, it's still a dev tool. No reason to add loads of information that is not important to the intended functionality of the game.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
plykkegaard

#1723 Post by plykkegaard » 14 Jun 2021 13:41

The question is asked on daily basis, but I don't mind :D

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Trucker_71

#1724 Post by Trucker_71 » 14 Jun 2021 13:49

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 14 Jun 2021 10:59 And although the F9-key is a dev tool, it is commonly used by a lot of gamers, including modders,
I use it a lot to re-position a truck for screen shots. ;)
Vinnie Terranova

#1725 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 14 Jun 2021 14:39

Mohegan13 wrote: 14 Jun 2021 13:27It doesn't matter how many people use it, it's still a dev tool. No reason to add loads of information that is not important to the intended functionality of the game.
Not necessarely true. I mean, what is more important: ATS, or the people who play ATS? Translated using your own words, what is more important: the intended functionality of the game, or the actual used functionality of the game? Besides that, wether it's a dev tool or not is not important at all, because we, the gamers, can use and are using this same dev tool.
Madkine
Global moderator

#1726 Post by Madkine » 14 Jun 2021 22:43

Keep in mind that if people are too vocal about it, as a Dev tool they could actually lock it away so we can't use it.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
robertoantnes

#1727 Post by robertoantnes » 15 Jun 2021 01:13

Hello truckers,

In the last few days testing, being host or client, I thought of another suggestion. I searched here and I didn't find something like adding a new friend who plays with you, either as a Steam profile or as a World of Trucks game profile, unless you exit the game screen and search for the Steam profile, for example.

I saw a suggestion to keep the client's game settings the same as the administrator's and I found it interesting, because whoever simulates the hardest mode cannot drive corners at high speed or risk falling over. Another interesting point would be a report of points earned, which is not the traditional XP of the game, but with parameters of earning more points for saving fuel, less fines, less damage, less time for delivery, stimulating healthy competition and enriching the community, of course, in simulation mode with friends, without destroying the fun of friends who choose to play as social interaction without having to simulate.

To exemplify this suggestion, just refer to Scania Truck Driving Simulator, where in free mode you could not break the rules at the risk of not getting the maximum score for that delivery. I hope you understand my suggestions, but the convoy mode is very good.

At least I didn't meet anyone on the road who was looking to spoil the fun. All were cordial, even with their virtues and limitations. I even consider it better than the ETS2 MP, as there is live traffic, even though it is AI.

Grateful,

Roberto Antunes
xCrazyDogx

#1728 Post by xCrazyDogx » 15 Jun 2021 08:32

Personally I do not think the option will be added, and hope not either.

I can see why people like option to add someone to Steam friends ingame without having to tab out or search later through Steam, personally I am not waiting on a list of invites i dont want or need.
Since not everyone is decent and polite to ask if it is ok, enough people are just randomly adding you, i have a reason to keep my profile privat and closed as much as possible for outsiders/non friends.

WIht my settings people can not add me, unless I add them which gives me the control to decide. If it would be possible ingame those settings are overruled and unwanted invites will pile up again.
Not sure if something with that would be possible so people who not like to have randomly inviting messages piling up can not get invited, so more bassed on steam setting if one can invite you. I am also thinking about streamers that are not waiting for being randomly added by people this way.

Is a reason for me not to play through UbisoftConnect, each MP game and randomly people joining your sessions means people get added to your friendlist without you saying ok or no thanks. Even friends / people my husband and other friends i did add myself they have in their list gets added to my friendslist... It is forced upon you. Lets not go that way or suggest that as option please... :lol:
Last edited by xCrazyDogx on 15 Jun 2021 09:26, edited 1 time in total.
Vinnie Terranova

#1729 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 15 Jun 2021 08:52

Madkine wrote: 14 Jun 2021 22:43Keep in mind that if people are too vocal about it, as a Dev tool they could actually lock it away so we can't use it.
Well, that would be ridiculous, don't you think? A lot of gamers/modders are using this dev tool. Why on earth would SCS lock this dev tool away from us? I really see no point. Instead it would hurt both ATS and ETS2 in a negative way.
plykkegaard

#1730 Post by plykkegaard » 15 Jun 2021 09:02

A bit odd statement from @Madkine

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “General discussion about the game”