Idaho (ID)
14%
Colorado (CO)
14%

Total votes: 859

Vinnie Terranova

Which map DLCs do you own?

#1 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 02 Jun 2021 11:21

Here on the SCS forums there are some discussion threads about upcoming states: states that are already confirmed by SCS, like Wyoming and Texas, and states we would like to see next.

A recurring discussion in those threads is a question like this: "Would you buy a particular map DLC without owning all currently released map DLCs?"

This is an interesting question, because depending on the given answers you could take a different look to a particular map DLC. In the past there was a discussion about wether Missoula, MT, should be included within the Idaho DLC to make Idaho more interesting, because of Idaho being a relative small state with few opportunities for roads, in this case particular the I-90 Interstate.
And now a days there is this discussion about wether Texarkana, TX / AR, should be included within the Texas DLC or witin the Arkansas DLC (or even within a bundle of several smaller states, like an Arkansas + Louisiana (+ Mississippi) DLC).

In order to find the most likely answer wether a particular city (Missoula, Texarkana, Kansas City, Saint Louis, Cincinnati, etc) would be included within a particular map DLC or not, it would be interesting to know how people are buying all DLCs, how many people are buying some but not all map DLCs, and how many people are buying no map DLCs at all.

I therefore created a poll in which you can select what map DLCs you own. It would be nice if many people would fill in that poll. I know there could be quite some people that have bought ATS with or without released map DLCs but who are not on the SCS forums. But at least this way we can get some idea of how big the chance is of people buying some but not all map DLCs. Which in turn could be important in order to find an answer what cities an upcoming map DLC would contain.
plykkegaard

Re: Which map DLCs do you own?

#2 Post by plykkegaard » 02 Jun 2021 11:43

Why all of them of course :D

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
hangman005

#3 Post by hangman005 » 02 Jun 2021 12:34

All of them... can't wait until theres more all of them to have :)
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
harishw8r

#4 Post by harishw8r » 02 Jun 2021 12:52

I'm up to date and will remain the same way! :) Can't wait to drive from Seattle to Miami or LA to Boston!
tobrago

#5 Post by tobrago » 02 Jun 2021 13:03

I own all the map DLCs. You should have added the question "Do you have all the map DLCs". What is this survey about? A little nonsense does not hurt. :lol:
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
PBandJ

#6 Post by PBandJ » 02 Jun 2021 13:04

All map DLC's
MT269

#7 Post by MT269 » 02 Jun 2021 13:32

I doubt it's even possible to have just the DLCs, without the base map included as part of the purchase.

Anyhow, I have purchased all. But I don't claim to own them outright.
flight50

#8 Post by flight50 » 02 Jun 2021 14:04

As I mentioned in the Texas thread where this discussion originated, this poll can only be used by SCS forum members. The poll doesn't represent all ATS owners but for the forum, this is where us hardcore people are so most that post here on the ATS forum regularly, will perhaps own all or most dlc's. I'm still participating though. Its an interesting poll though so I'll be watching too. I'm expecting to see the newer dlc's not purchased though until a year later which represents people are waiting for sales or bundles.

One option that should have been included though is "all of the above". A one click option makes it much much easy for everyone.
Vinnie Terranova

#9 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 02 Jun 2021 14:15

Yeah, I've been thinking about that extra option. Should I add this extra option, and thus resetting the current poll? What do you guys think?

<edit> I think I leave it as it is. It's not a perfect poll, but I don't want to loose the current results. And it's not about the precieze results, it's about getting a global idea of how many people don't have all DLCs. And ofcourse I expect not everyone having the newest DLCs like UT, ID and CO; some people might been waiting for an cheaper bundle of the newest DLCs. Actually the poll is more about people not having one or more of the older DLCs.
flight50

#10 Post by flight50 » 02 Jun 2021 14:51

Most people that see the polls would end up revoting when its changed early enough. Once Wyoming comes, you can add "all of the above" for the restart. The votes only seem high right now because there are 7 max options so it adds up fast. With an all of the above, that overall number lowers quite a bit. Take the total number and divide by 7 and that is how many people on avg are really voting.

But yes I agree it doesn't have to be perfect but it is cool to see how is buying what. I reset the "ATS next state" thread now twice a year and people eventually come back and vote. Its not perfect either but its something fun to do while we wait for states. My poll represents before the dlc. Your poll represents after the release so yeah this is kinda cool. As far a forum members, we can see who could play SCS MP with most people.

Return to “General discussion about the game”