Developer Console Usage for Travel

IDMooseMan

Re: Developer Console Usage for Travel

#11 Post by IDMooseMan » 17 Jun 2021 18:09

Thank you, all, for the helpful information contained in here. As a follow-up to this, I have another question regarding teleportation, (F9), with an active job.

I cannot use F9 to move my truck/trailer with an active job in-progress. Free-roaming is not the problem; F9 works fine in that situation. Is F9 disabled with an active job? Or do I need to change additional settings in the config.cfg file?
Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
SSgt, USAF, 1983 - 1992, 63170
To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
WoT Profile
Steam Profile
GinXeng

#12 Post by GinXeng » 17 Jun 2021 18:54

If you're doing a World of trucks contract then you can't F9, any other jobs you can.
Max
SCS Software

#13 Post by Max » 18 Jun 2021 06:17

exaclty.
if you are doing online job, we do not allow you to teleport with it. this is very intentional.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
flight50

#14 Post by flight50 » 18 Jun 2021 12:55

WoT has its pros and cons. There are times when my truck rolls over with WoT jobs and once your truck rolls, you must cancel your load. Strangely, I never roll my truck in non WoT jobs. Your game will save with your truck on its side so no matter where you are on your route. If you quick save and try to go back a few miles before your crash, it doesn't matter, you are hosed still. You must cancel your load to repair your truck and loose the load. No road reset after an error is the only down side to WoT job for me. Otherwise, I love the 1:1 time allotted for delivery. Time of day/rest pattern are a non factor and the larger the map gets, the more I like WoT.
Last edited by flight50 on 25 Jun 2021 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
IDMooseMan

#15 Post by IDMooseMan » 25 Jun 2021 01:14

Have to agree with flight50. There are times when I roll or get stuck in/on something. Nothing I do releases me from the stuck position. It is difficult to learn what I did wrong, (approach angle, turn radius, etc.), if I am unable to teleport back, (loading a previous save does not help either, I am still stuck or rolled over), a bit and attempt the maneuver again.
Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
SSgt, USAF, 1983 - 1992, 63170
To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
WoT Profile
Steam Profile
Max
SCS Software

#16 Post by Max » 25 Jun 2021 06:37

this is how online jobs were designed - no loading, so if you tripped the truck, it is done.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Madkine
Global moderator

#17 Post by Madkine » 25 Jun 2021 07:58

In a worst case scenario, abandon the load.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Bedavd

#18 Post by Bedavd » 25 Jun 2021 16:23

Can you not tow to service during an online job? Interesting I didn't know that. IDK if it can be added without allowing dev teleportation but I would think calling a rescue to a service station would be allowed since accidents and glitches do happen from time to time.

The only time I personally really deal with these issues is in ETS when I try and roll through the automatic toll booths a bit too fast hahaha. The gate goes up the the wall stays and my truck ends up on top of the barrier. But a little driving back and forth tends to solve that. :lol:
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Madkine
Global moderator

#19 Post by Madkine » 25 Jun 2021 22:12

People were using service calls to cheat on the distance travelled, so SCS changed it so calling service cancels WoT loads.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
supersobes
Global moderator

#20 Post by supersobes » 25 Jun 2021 23:30

In my opinion, this is actually realistic, and I wish it was possible to enable as an option for non-WoTr jobs. In real-life, if the truck has a major accident or breaks down, it's not uncommon for the trucking company to reassign the load to a different truck while the truck with the issues gets towed and fixed.

Return to “General discussion about the game”