Utah - Loveland Living Planet Aquarium

kwstoudt

Utah - Loveland Living Planet Aquarium

#1 Post by kwstoudt » 12 Jun 2021 13:18

I'm not sure this exactly qualifies for a bug report, so I am posting this here. If it needs to go somewhere else, I apologize.

I've been living in Utah IRL for 13 years now, and have acquainted myself with the state very well. To that end, I noticed that some things are out of place in the game. Most notably is the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium.

In the game, this building appears just prior to the 10600 South exit on I-15 when going southbound. However, in the real world, this building is just before the 12300 South exit going south (not an in-game exit). It definitely kills the immersion anytime I passby this building because I know it's in the wrong place.
rbsanford

Re: Utah - Loveland Living Planet Aquarium

#2 Post by rbsanford » 12 Jun 2021 15:30

Seeing as how there's less than a two mile distance between those roads, I'd say the location is pretty accurate, considering the scale. The game's scale will inevitably compress things, so there are tons of landmarks closer together in the game than they are IRL; it can't be helped, so it's best to ignore it and appreciate the fact that such landmarks were represented in the first place.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
Shiva

Re: Utah - Loveland Living Planet Aquarium

#3 Post by Shiva » 12 Jun 2021 15:54

Due to the scale, etc, that is how sometimes things go. And the stuff ingame seems to be a mix of 12300 south and 10600 south. And more.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Lovelan ... 407631!3e0
UT-201 is a mix of UT-201 and California Avenue.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”