ATS 1.42 speculation thread

supersobes
Global moderator

Re: ATS 1.42 speculation thread

#81 Post by supersobes » 18 Jul 2021 00:58

My mistake, I was looking at the model 318 rather than the model 455. I see the model 455 does have options for strapping points.
Felk

#82 Post by Felk » 18 Jul 2021 01:18

My predictions:

-Better AI.
-More options for convoy.
-A new trailer.
-Another graphical improvement.

I don't think that another part of CA refurbishment will come in the next update, and a new truck can come anytime.
flight50

#83 Post by flight50 » 18 Jul 2021 02:40

supersobes wrote: 18 Jul 2021 00:32 @flight50 I understand the difference between double and single step decks. But I don't see ATS only getting one or the other. If they get added, I'm thinking both will come because of how similar they are.
Just checking. We were talking about the Idaho potato trailer but you posted a single deck. Its a bit misleading is all. All the cargo you mentioned in that post....I've never seen on a double step in all the researching cargo I cam across.

Had it not been for this Idaho trailer, I don't think this trailer would ever surface. But since it is there, repurpose after the event vs trashing it I agree. But the proper cargo needs to go on it.
supersobes
Global moderator

#84 Post by supersobes » 18 Jul 2021 02:46

I saw that somebody took the potato off the trailer and posted these screenshots of it. It's definitely a nice looking trailer. And it looks pretty complete to be used by itself without the event.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
flight50

#85 Post by flight50 » 18 Jul 2021 02:51

Yeah that is pretty clean. So many tall cargoes could go there. I'd love to see mixed used cargo on it. Those decks are good cargo space areas.
RossoRacer

#86 Post by RossoRacer » 18 Jul 2021 03:20

Honestly, if I may be blunt, that does look quite a bit like a cross between a lowboy and a step deck. We wouldn't be getting much extra practical use I don't think. Could be interesting to see something along those lines though, and I would like to see proper step decks.
Trucker Nik

#87 Post by Trucker Nik » 18 Jul 2021 06:50

I really like the load of a large potato, I would like the scs to leave this load with the trailer in the game, after the event, for those who mention the second phase of the reworking of California, I think we may not get it in this update in update 1.44 (the first and second phases of the reworking of Germany were also three updates apart, the first phase update 1.32 second phase update 1.35)
flight50

#88 Post by flight50 » 18 Jul 2021 08:58

^That may be true. But it depends. If there is a city builder that can come to the team, at least one city could get rebuilt/reworked from the time 1.41 eob started, all the way up to the start of 1.42. That could be 4-5 months there. Iirc, Patrik mentioned it took him 4-5 months to do Seattle alone. Redding, Oakland, Truckee, Ukiah, Eureka or Sacramento could fit that build easily compared to Seattle. Oakland and Sacramento would be the biggest task of that group. I'm not even going to include San Francisco. I know I-80 and US-101 interchange needs major work. Maybe the start there to kick off I-80, then head East. I think California needs at least 2 city builders though. 2 for cities, 2-3 for roads and 2-3 for assets. That's a max team of 8 right there. That's pretty solid for a phased project on this scale. I don't think they'd dedicate an equal amount to the rebuild as a paid dlc. I just don't see it. Some will disagree but this is my opinion so I'm speaking for myself.

The biggest concern for the California rebuild is how many asset members are working it. In order for the rebuild team to rebuild cities, it needs to have a 1:1 or 2:1 of mappers to asset member at best. Assets takes awhile. No point in reworking a city if there is no one to make new assets or tweak them. Recycling old assets will happen I'm sure but if SCS is seriously trying to refresh the base map and update the economy to catch it up with the rest of the map, not all assets are worthy of reuse from the base map. At least 50% of the city buildings could get upgrades or remodeled.
howey

#89 Post by howey » 19 Jul 2021 03:47

The only advantage I could see the double dropdeck having would be for volume based freight. Basically the same as a double dropdeck curtainsider just without the frame,curtains and rear doors.

Have seen a few hay haulers run double drop decks as they would be able the get at least 4-6 more bales on but the single drop deck is a better solution in general.

Prefer a normal dropdeck myself for more versatility/variety as they can do general, bulk and machinery freight but if they do bring more variety of freight that would suit the normal flatbeds/tops as well then it's fine by me.
JolliciousJosh

#90 Post by JolliciousJosh » 19 Jul 2021 03:55

Updated speculation changelogs for 1.42:

Misc.:
- Truck dealership rework

UI:
- New loading screens featuring the new lighting system adopted in 1.40 and some loading screens featuring shots of WY, CO and ID map DLCs.

More to come.

Return to “General discussion about the game”