ATS 1.42 speculation thread

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: ATS 1.42 speculation thread

#121 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Jul 2021 12:15

by the looks of it it is more like a flatbed, they have to add at least textures of animals inside it, iirc SiSL did it also like this and his trailer looks exactly like the SCS one (same source used im sure for reference)

also, sounds, we need sounds with it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#122 Post by flight50 » 29 Jul 2021 13:19

I totally agree on the sound part. That would make it the ultimate trailer. Then people will want reefer sounds. Fmod can allow whatever. SCS just has to do it.
AntonioMart

#123 Post by AntonioMart » 29 Jul 2021 14:43

AntonioMart wrote: 16 Jul 2021 21:26 Maybe will added livestock trailer
It seems my guess is about livestock trailer turned out to be true. :)

Looks like it appear with Wyoming and even earlier than 1.42:

[ external image ]
flight50

#124 Post by flight50 » 29 Jul 2021 15:49

I've been calling for livestock since the Colorado industry blog. SCS hinted livestock with the Wyoming industry blog months ago andcI said livestock will come with Wyoming. We just needed confirmation. Had it gone another dlc, that would have been bad.

Now it means they can focus on other trailers for Texas. Owned tankers is the biggest need. But we also have step deck, curtain sider and Moving/Storage left as the last common styles. Anything else is specialized and on an as needed basis.
HagenXXV

#125 Post by HagenXXV » 29 Jul 2021 16:41

flight50 wrote: 29 Jul 2021 15:49 I've been calling for livestock since the Colorado industry blog. SCS hinted livestock with the Wyoming industry blog months ago andcI said livestock will come with Wyoming. We just needed confirmation. Had it gone another dlc, that would have been bad.

Now it means they can focus on other trailers for Texas. Owned tankers is the biggest need. But we also have step deck, curtain sider and Moving/Storage left as the last common styles. Anything else is specialized and on an as needed basis.
You are referring to the possibility of acquiring the current tankers? Because the truth is that it would be very good to renew the current trailers, I long to drive a b-train tanker truck ;)
flight50

#126 Post by flight50 » 29 Jul 2021 17:45

They'd rework them for ownership I'm sure. Just like they did with lowboys. There could be a few more options. If tankers was easy, I'd say they'd already be here. There are also many other tanker types to do. ATS could end up with a solid five tankers types for owner ship. Liquid Gas/Oil, Liquid Food, Chemicals, Gases and Bulk Feed. I'm sure there are a few more that could get added.
Dr_Jaymz

#127 Post by Dr_Jaymz » 29 Jul 2021 21:36

would be nice to have a real physics system and a real asphalt surface, "driving" on a silky plain surface all the time is not real and not fun anymore...
flight50

#128 Post by flight50 » 29 Jul 2021 23:42

It wouldn't be fun after awhile to feel bumps and lumps either. People get enough of that in real life. As long as settings can be tweaked, let people adjust to their linking. I don't mind off road but too much gets annoying. I play with a wheel with good ffb so I feel everything. But I can always tailor to my needs. Some road feedback is good but it can be over done. Most major roads thru cities are concrete...at least in my area. These can stay as is for the most part. Asphalt on the other hand can be aged or brand new. Only aged should provide feedback. Fresh asphalt is pretty smooth. But I agree more road imperfections should happen thru out the map world and preferably inside the cities on surface streets.
clifflandmark

#129 Post by clifflandmark » 29 Jul 2021 23:55

Dr_Jaymz wrote: 29 Jul 2021 21:36 would be nice to have a real physics system and a real asphalt surface, "driving" on a silky plain surface all the time is not real and not fun anymore...
it's one of the hardest thing to do. it requires too many hands. real road surface...omg it would be a long work. it requires too many varieties of roads. besides, roads are corrupting and get fixed by time. so, how would they implement corrupted or fixed road surfaces?

(I was one of the player that demanded trucks physics on real road surfaces. but I see it's impossible.)
supersobes
Global moderator

#130 Post by supersobes » 30 Jul 2021 00:39

States like California and Texas can't really be used as a comparison when talking about road surfaces. They build really smooth and durable roads with really high quality (and expensive) paving materials. A lot of other states do not, and as a result, they have rough roads with holes, cracks, patches, misaligned expansion joints, rough bridge abutments, etc., even on major roads and Interstates. Most of the states with bad roads are in the east and upper Midwest, and it's mostly due to the weather conditions in those areas. Rough roads that shake the truck to the point where it feels like it's going to fall apart are definitely not out of the question as ATS moves eastward into these areas. I've driven next to semi trucks on these rough highways many times IRL. When they hit these bumps at 65+ MPH, they do bounce around quite a bit on the air suspension. It would definitely be nice if that gets implemented into ATS. But I don't see that coming in 1.42 or anytime soon...

Return to “General discussion about the game”