ATS 1.42 speculation thread

Northern Star

Re: ATS 1.42 speculation thread

#151 Post by Northern Star » 12 Aug 2021 11:57

I don't know if this is an easy fix. But for one would like to see American buses in the game, not European buses for the AI. And maybe more than one bus company. Greyhound and Trailways would be nice. How about toll booths where they are appropriate.
Northern Star

#152 Post by Northern Star » 12 Aug 2021 12:55

I'm sorry, one more thing. I notice in Euro Truck Simulator they have buses, bus terminal's, bus stations. Why not in American Truck Simulator? Just asking...
parasaurolophus67

#153 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 12 Aug 2021 13:05

because it was originally was gonna be a game if ets2 didn't work out. well its gonna be a dlc now for the coaches tho slowly. For ats maybe because well, American "truck" so it wasn't really planned to have busses
flight50

#154 Post by flight50 » 12 Aug 2021 17:34

Northern Star wrote: 12 Aug 2021 11:57 I don't know if this is an easy fix. But for one would like to see American buses in the game, not European buses for the AI. And maybe more than one bus company. Greyhound and Trailways would be nice. How about toll booths where they are appropriate.
Lmao. I thought I was the only one that remembered Trailways. As far as I know, they are no longer around but I totally agree to get modern American buses in the game. Including city buses of the proper models. I've mentioned it a couple of times on this form. What we have is a 90s model Greyhound and seems like SCS has no intend to upgraded it. Those 90s buses is a rarity nowadays. ATS's AI is a lot more out of date than ETS2. Not sure why the devs see North America as old and not modernized.
supersobes
Global moderator

#155 Post by supersobes » 12 Aug 2021 17:42

This makes me recall this question and answer from SiSL on Discord. The question was specifically about ETS2, but I assume this applies to ATS as well. He said one of the things SCS considers when adding new traffic vehicles is if it is iconic. Unfortunately, most iconic American vehicles are older. In my opinion, this approach from SCS is determinantal to the realism of the game. You'll end up with the traffic filled with iconic older vehicles, while the modern and seemingly mundane vehicles that are way more common on the road IRL are not so abundant in the game.

[ external image ]
clifflandmark

#156 Post by clifflandmark » 12 Aug 2021 17:56

Those who need to answer these questions for ATS are those who live in America themselves.they can have a realistic approximation of the percentage of vehicles by type.
Bedavd

#157 Post by Bedavd » 12 Aug 2021 18:56

Here's a quick list of some of the more common models I can think of by different brands. I'm sure I missed a few. I noted which cars could be fairly easily transferred over from ETS2 and wouldn't look very out of place in the US. Not necessarily the most common cars on our roads, but I probably see more Mini Coopers than Dodge Magnums so I don't think it really matters.

Audi A4, Q3, Q5;
BMW 2, 3, 4, 5 (older ETS2), X1, X3, X5;
Chevy Malibu, Silverado, Suburban/Tahoe, Colorado;
Chrysler T&C, Pacifica, 300;
Dodge Challenger, Grand Caravan, Durango; ProMaster Van (same as the Fiat Ducato in ETS2);
Ford Escape, Focus, Expedition, New Bronco;
GMC Terrain, Acadia, Yukon;
Honda Civic, Accord, CR-V, Odyssey;
Hyundai Tucson, Sonata, Kona;
Jeep Wranger (4 door), Renegade (ETS2);
Kia Soul, Sportage, Sorento, Forte;
Land Rover Range Rover (newer);
Lincoln MKZ;
Mazda Miata, 3, 6, CX-3 (ETS2), CX-5;
Mini Cooper (ETS2)
Nissan Altima, Sentra, Rouge, Leaf;
Subaru Forester, Legacy, Crosstrek;
Toyota Camry (ETS2), Corolla, RAV-4, Sienna;
Volkswagen Passat, Golf, Jetta;

Any sports car at a really low spawn rate would be cool, too. Lamborghini, Ferrari, Ford GT, Corvettes, etc would fit. The Huracán could come over from ETS2, though sadly not the police version lol.

Newer and older versions of all these cars are very common on American Roads. Any version from the 2010's and particularly some 90's/Early 2000's Toyota, Honda, Ford, GM models would also fit right in anywhere.
Last edited by Bedavd on 12 Aug 2021 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#158 Post by flight50 » 12 Aug 2021 19:03

Iconic for the US doesn't work. SCS needs to ditch that thought for ATS. 70% of cars are here are 15 years or newer. Of that 70...perhaps 50% is 6-7 years old or newer. There are older cars yes, but treat the AI traffic like you do trucks....bring the updated.
angrybirdseller

#159 Post by angrybirdseller » 12 Aug 2021 22:10

They do need far more pickups and SUV in ATS especially post 2010 time frame.

Also, rural areas are different as never see Maserati or Porsche in rural Minnesota I do see it in Minneapolis and urban areas. Still, see 40 year old farm equipment used and old trailer hooked up to 2020 Sliverado with its crack windshield pulling haybales to feed pigs or cows.

People drive alot more pickup trucks in outside big cities.

Dodge Ram, F-250, Sliverado these are what I see every day post 2010 models. Also, see modern SUV look like better looking versions Pontiac Aztec.

Think AI mix setting would be nice sometimes want to see older vehicles, other times electric vehicles. AI mix of rural and urban setting would be nice.

Average vehicle is 10-12 years now, and older ones end up in Mexico on its second life especially pickup trucks.
rbsanford

#160 Post by rbsanford » 12 Aug 2021 22:38

A Toyota Sienna would be very welcome in ATS. We don't have any minivans at the moment, and the Sienna is everywhere IRL. The Jeep Renegade is also fairly common in the US. I'd also recommend the Pontiac Aztek and the Nissan X-Terra, which are also pretty distinct in their appearance; maybe there could be a unique fern green Aztek that spawns in Albuquerque.

The classic AI cars--the Chevy Advance, 1951 Oldsmobile, and the 1959 Cadillac Sedan de Ville--shouldn't be removed, but their spawns should be adjusted. They shouldn't spawn on freeways, should be much more rare, and should spawn most often on/in scenic, touristy roads/towns/areas like Route 66, PCH, Santa Monica, etc.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.

Return to “General discussion about the game”