ATS 1.42 speculation thread

J.Random

Re: ATS 1.42 speculation thread

#51 Post by J.Random » 16 Jul 2021 00:16

Hmm. Draw distance is a tough one. The thing about long draw distance is that it betrays the scale. Kinda. Motion parallax and all that, seemingly distant mountains shifting too fast against closer scenery. That's also one problem I have with planes/helicopters when they're visible in the distance: too large (mostly can be noticed around Vegas I think), move too fast (approaching Phoenix from the west you may notice what seems like a supersonic helicopter flying to the north). SCS should implement progressive scaling for those (shrink them and decrease their speed depending on how far they are from the camera). Won't work for terrain though.
flight50

#52 Post by flight50 » 16 Jul 2021 00:48

In newer dlc's, they tend to do a bit more of baking models into the background. So they don't necessarily have to increase draw distance but increase performance so that more baked in models can come. This is where LOD models come into play. The models switch out to higher detail models the closer you get and then go back to LOD once they are not in the scene. They are better off not worrying about increased draw distance if its just a matter of models popping in. If DX12/Vulcan and introduce more performance, there are other tricks that can get the job done to diminish the need for draw distance. Draw distance is an engine limitation associated with balance performance.
trainguy_gaming

#53 Post by trainguy_gaming » 16 Jul 2021 00:59

I really hope 1.42 will fix AI merging so AI can let you on the freeways or pull out of gas stations, service stations, Garage safely, as of right now they ram me every time I go on the freeways or pull out of gas stations, service stations, Garage. Another thing I hope 1.42 will do is I hope 1.42 will bring new, realistic and improved tree textures
howey

#54 Post by howey » 16 Jul 2021 01:03

Seriously doubt we would see more of a Cali revamp in 1.42, if Wyoming gets released between 1.41/1.42 it would be more roads more likely that didn't make the cut initially due to time constraints perhaps.

Regarding the AI traffic would be cool to see them add b-train combo's around the PNW region as well as more RMD combo's in the states that allow them for more truck traffic variety.
Redking2017

#55 Post by Redking2017 » 16 Jul 2021 01:20

i hope they ad railer yards is what im looking forward to be in game someday.hopky 1.42 update
Redking2017

#56 Post by Redking2017 » 16 Jul 2021 01:23

Trailer yards. please add them in game. i would love to have trailer yards in game to where u can drop off your loaded and pick up a empty or a trailer storage yard that is ownable to store your owned trailer. if u want to use one of your own trailer u can go to your trailer yard to get one. so please i hope in 1.42 or futher update they add owneable trailer yard to store trailers and make it at some company where u can drop your loaded trailer and pickup a empty trailer.
flight50

#57 Post by flight50 » 16 Jul 2021 12:22

howey wrote: 16 Jul 2021 01:03 add b-train combo's around the PNW region as well as more RMD combo's in the states that allow them for more truck traffic variety.
You know............I've been wanting this as well. Along with at least 1-2 spawnings of TPD's as rare treats. I primarily play with Freight Market and WoT. I still don't like the current cargo selection for owned trailers so I rarely use them. My diversity is having all trailers to haul until cargo gets reworked. I'd love to see b-doubles and TPDs added in one of these updates. 1.42 would be a nice surprise. Trailers are already locked to states in where they are generated and can go to deliver.
Travismods

#58 Post by Travismods » 16 Jul 2021 12:34

codyosborn2 wrote: 16 Jul 2021 00:59 I really hope 1.42 will fix AI merging so AI can let you on the freeways or pull out of gas stations, service stations, Garage safely, as of right now they ram me every time I go on the freeways or pull out of gas stations, service stations, Garage. Another thing I hope 1.42 will do is I hope 1.42 will bring new, realistic and improved tree textures
Sadly I don't see SCS ever fixing the Ai merging traffic on freeways, people have been complaining about it for at least 4-5 years now and they have not once commented on it even. Same thing goes for draw distance, as horrendous as it is they just do not care about fixing deeper issues with the game. They rather spend their time making an online mode nobody asked for, adding useless features such as changing weather in photomode, redesigning the launchpad, adding viewpoints, adding a useless SSAO setting that cuts fps in half and can't really be used without lag, a quicktravel mode or some sound gimmick like FMOD that didn't actually improve the players experience much. I could go without ALL these gimmicks if it meant them focusing on the ancient game engine and fixing the day 1 issues with how the game is rendered.

Yeah you can call me a negative nancy but you all know its true. SCS spend their time in their updates on either stuff that mods do better or stuff that majority of players do not care for. Ask yourself why they never address the core issues of the game people are complaining about, like merges, draw distance because they would mean digging deeper and actually rebuilding and updating the engine. They don't want to since they settled on a model that is churning out map DLCs to turn a profit even though they look fairly similar because they are using the same ancient old technology with the same graphical drawbacks, they settled on that because it is more profitable than actually fixing core issues fans have been asking about for years. This is the model that works for SCS but not necessarily the model that makes the best game for the players. They also have been catering to the "potato PC" crowd for way too long, which means the game is now in a poor technical state with issues that are hard to fix because they built their DLC maps on top of the issues and old technology that should have been revised by now.

It's funny people applaud SCS for "listening to the community", but I actually completely since years can't see that they really do that. They do whats fairly uncomplicated and on the surface, add odd gimmicks and whats brings the most profit (which is quite logical), not what necessarily would actually make the gameplay experience better or more stable or actually what the fans have been asking about since like 2016 for ATS.
flight50

#59 Post by flight50 » 16 Jul 2021 12:45

Nobody asked for online? That is a very inaccurate statement. You may not have asked for it but thousands of request poured in for MP. That is why TruckersMP is there.......people wanted it and SCS didn't provide it. Now its here. So I strongly disagree with this statement. Sound is another false statement. Sound is SCS's weakest link. Thousands have wanted better sounds but the way the game was, couldn't be done in layers like they can be done now. So that's another inaccurate opinion as many people will disagree with you as well.

Also you are false in SCS not rebuilding their engine. They constantly do this so I don't know where you are going with this or where your sources of information are coming from. But everything I just mentioned, can be found on this forum. Request all all over the wishlist and SCS does consider the most requested wishes and prioritize them believe it or not. Not everything can be done and not everything will be done. But they consider and fix a lot more than you give them credit for. They just might not be doing exactly what you want, but they do address issues.........yearly, thru out updates for the most part.

But yes you are a negative nancy as most of your post are but I'm use to it.
Travismods

#60 Post by Travismods » 16 Jul 2021 12:52

flight50 wrote: 16 Jul 2021 12:45 Nobody asked for online? That is a very inaccurate statement. You may not have asked for it but thousands of request poured in for MP. That is why TruckersMP is there.......people wanted it and SCS didn't provide it. Now its here. So I strongly disagree with this statement. Sound is another false statement. Sound is SCS's weakest link. Thousands have wanted better sounds but the way the game was, couldn't be done in layers like they can be done now. So that's another inaccurate opinion as many people will disagree with you as well.

Also you are false in SCS not rebuilding their engine. They constantly do this so I don't know where you are going with this or where your sources of information are coming from. But everything I just mentioned, can be found on this forum. Request all all over the wishlist and SCS does consider the most requested wishes and prioritize them believe it or not. Not everything can be done and not everything will be done. But they consider and fix a lot more than you give them credit for. They just might not be doing exactly what you want, but they do address issues.........yearly, thru out updates for the most part.

But yes you are a negative nancy as most of your post are but I'm use to it.
The sound update with FMOD brought very little really. We are still stuck with the same horrendous truck sounds. Also there are still no ambient sounds in the game, like in forests, winds in desert and waterfalls birds and so on. FMOD was a gimmick until they actually use it for more ambient sounds and better truck sounds. 1.37 also introduced sound issues not previously seen pre FMOD.

No, they are not rebuilding their engine. They are adding features and gimmicks on the surface, thats why we still have mountains and trees popping in like its 2005 and why the draw distance can't be increased. I want to see statistics on players who requested a redesigned launchpad or a viewpoint mode or new map icons over fixing technical and AI and core gameplay issues, until then I dont believe that what the players want.

But yes, obviously some people requested an online mode. "Nobody" was hyperbole. However it is crystal clear that as long as these issues are ignored the core game loop is NOT being improved or redesigned. The game from a technical standpoint is more or less stuck in 2016, and even then, the engine it was built on was very dated. This is very evident when you start modding the game and creating mods, the tools you are dealing with are ancient compared to contemporary games and dev tools. SCS are sticking to what they have and add some minor things and churn out map DLC. This is their business model and if you ignore that you must be living in another reality.

Return to “General discussion about the game”