Mod Support for Convoy Is Coming, Eventually

clifflandmark

Re: Mod Support for Convoy Is Coming, Eventually

#81 Post by clifflandmark » 15 Sep 2021 21:13

I want mod support too.It would be nice if any mods certificated by a "convoy community" thing.Thus, we could have a check mechanism for game to allow us to join a game easily. 10+ known mods for example.

People here are talking about 200+ mods. How will people join each other's game ? even if there could be a mod support, it won't be something support 200+ mods in a game.
Optional Features

#82 Post by Optional Features » 15 Sep 2021 21:39

clifflandmark wrote: 15 Sep 2021 21:13 I want mod support too.It would be nice if any mods certificated by a "convoy community" thing.Thus, we could have a check mechanism for game to allow us to join a game easily. 10+ known mods for example.

People here are talking about 200+ mods. How will people join each other's game ? even if there could be a mod support, it won't be something support 200+ mods in a game.
I could live with probably 20 mods max? Maybe less: Viper Pete, HFG Stoughton, Robinicus sound pack, Smarty wheels, sisl addon, flatline led pack, etc. Probably closer to 10.

When we were playing using the original patch method, we used like 5 or 10, and we were perfectly happy.
plykkegaard

#83 Post by plykkegaard » 15 Sep 2021 21:44

clifflandmark wrote: 15 Sep 2021 21:13 ... t would be nice if any mods certificated by a "convoy community" thing.
... and how long will it take before this is misused?

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Optional Features

#84 Post by Optional Features » 15 Sep 2021 21:45

Just add it as an option on the Steam workshop, like a badge. After a certain number of people use it in a convoy and rate it so, it gets the designation.
plykkegaard

#85 Post by plykkegaard » 15 Sep 2021 21:53

That could work

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
clifflandmark

#86 Post by clifflandmark » 15 Sep 2021 22:20

what kind of misusing? convoy community is us.some of us(objective ones) could rate these mods (as seriousmods mentioned) and some of us could determine these mods whether they're worth to be in the multiplayer gameplay.

I think the real problem is how seriously SCS takes this situation. Do they really realize that the community is not very happy with the game without mods, that it does not give the realistic experience before?On the other hand, it would be unfair to SCS if they aim to satisfy 200+ mod players.

Therefore, I think that a control mechanism should be created to issue convoy certificates to mods but I don't think SCS will take kindly to this situation.
Optional Features

#87 Post by Optional Features » 15 Sep 2021 22:22

But again, it doesn't need to be complicated. All I want is the ability to run a custom truck and trailer with better wheels and custom sounds. Skins would be nice as well. I'd really like to be able to run fleet skins on a group of trucks. Simple stuff. If people complain, sobeit.

It's better than nothing which is what we have now.
Frayner

#88 Post by Frayner » 16 Sep 2021 00:39

What would be interesting is what they would do for mods that only you can see. Like say a mod that moves the route advisor, or dashboard mods that you can only see in the interior view. These wouldn’t really need to be shared to play, but it’s still a mod.
Intel i9 13900K, 32 GB RAM, MSI RTX™ 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X 24G, Bigscreen Beyond
xXCARL1992Xx

#89 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 16 Sep 2021 15:47

as long as no new defs are added it shouldnt be a problem, the moment new definitions are in play it gets complicated, as long as the game doesnt scan the code if it is 1:1 identical to all players there shouldnt be a conflict, only truck/trailer mods, map mods, cargo mods and maybe paintjob and economy are a problem because there you have a difference between player A and B that is visible in the game world because you add something, if it is just replacing then the game shouldnt really care
IvanKuz wrote: 15 Sep 2021 21:05 If you are using a custom mod that you don't want to share, that's on you. Most people just subscribe to or download popular mods and that's it. If people can't agree on what mods they should use in a session or don't know what they are tinkering with, that's on them too. The game always shows a warning that mods might break profiles and stuff, it shouldn't be SCS's responsibility to make sure people know what they are doing when it comes to mods.
your forget a big problem here, people, they dont care if SCS puts up a sign they will start to complain why it doesn work "FIX IT!!1!11!" SCS already has a warning for mods but still people complain why it doesnt work "Oh, i used mods, sorry" not sorry, the bug reports are also a perfect example, who reads the rules ? i have mods ? i cont care i report it FIX IT !!!!!!!"

i would have done the same, mods are way on the bottom of the list, first it has to be stable and reliable, then they can start to add feauters and if it is satisfactory they can start adding mod support bit by bit
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”