Volvo Machines DLC

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Volvo Machines DLC

#101 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 Sep 2021 20:08

the roller and the bucket, in ATS, are the only AI cargo, is the rest Special Transport ?

edit

ETS2 doesnt have any AI cargo for the DLC
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
parasaurolophus67

#102 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 23 Sep 2021 20:12

huh. Thats very strange. Also not really for special transport if its available on normal jobs. (Tho one new special transport job was added from the email that was sent from this update)
Sora

#103 Post by Sora » 23 Sep 2021 23:25

bobgrey1997 wrote: 23 Sep 2021 16:35 Is it just me or is this game becoming nothing but a large-scale commercial?
[...]
Maybe SCS should be looking after licensing with Deere and Caterpillar instead of trying to force this Eurocrap into ATS.
Don't people want it to be a large-scale commercial? The "real" brands were a big selling point over SCS's older titles, the "real" trailers were a huge request, and "real company" mods are consistently extremely popular. I don't really place a lot of value on the real world, but that definitely feels like something people want. And in this particular case, you're given the option to not buy it, so... just do that? There's always going to be development "wasted" on things you don't need. Multiplayer is fantastic, but there's no way in hell I'll ever get any use out of it when my Internet is dead five minutes out of every ten.

As for the other thing... I mean, this DLC is pretty obviously aimed at ETS2. But if the products exist in the US, and the assets are like 90% done, it'd just be wasteful not to do the last 10% and stick them in both games. That's not "forcing eurocrap", that's just being efficient. And I highly doubt this is being done at the expense of Deere/Cat - if there's any impact at all, it'd almost certainly be either (a) Deere/Cat didn't respond, Volvo did; or (b) Volvo approached SCS, SCS said "why not", and now SCS can hold the fact that Volvo is getting advertising that the other companies aren't over the heads of the other companies.
flight50

#104 Post by flight50 » 23 Sep 2021 23:49

Yep. Its very possible that SCS could have reached out to John Deer and Cat. If they say no, nothing SCS could do. If they say no today, doesn't mean they say tomorrow or 5 years from now. All SCS needs is a foot in the door. Let one person take that first step and then her comes others in the industry. Nowwwww they want to play ball. Better late than never though. Funny thing is, mods will get real company brands in the game anyways. So if these companies were smart, they'd consider what SCS has to offer. With covid now, its changing the face of the earth and how we go about things. Advertisement is one of them. A virtual world...with fairly accurate models, gives you a walk around view to advertise in a video game. Youtube and google searches will have ATS/ETS2 content all over it. If your company gets in the game no matter if you like it or not, you might as well make some money and allow it to be official. Partner up with SCS.

Officially licensed content sales. No iffs ands or butts and I see it getting bigger. More people will come on board. Whether SCS reaches out to them, or they reach out to SCS. Licensed content brings legit 3d models and depots (hopefully). There's a solid dozen or so depots that could come to ATS/ETS2 to feature licensed depots. SCS could perhaps start making more generic depots that are inactive that can be some of these licensed brands. Just like the Western Star plant, Volvo dealership, International dealership and Freightliner dealership, these can be generic until its time to brand it. Rebrand and make generic depots official later. Once in the game, it can be populated everywhere much easier.
howey

#105 Post by howey » 24 Sep 2021 00:41

I don't understand how VCE is euro crap considering their equipment is used globally. If that was the case you might as well say the same about Hitachi & Komatsu being Japanese rubbish but they not though there actually quite popular as well.

Doubt John Deere would come on board as they have been noted from farmers, workers and John Deere youtube fanatics about how upset they get if you video or take photos of their premises as well as other things relating to their equipment besides I rather have CASE I-H or even a combined CNH at least that way they can use the original crawler tractor that was in the DLC sinced that's based off a Quadtrac. If Cat came onboard then to me that would be a massive game changer in luring more brands to the game I believe as they are probably the brand that gets used the most in a few industries.

But to me the next step would be to include a brand that's into the Agricultural sector anyway, we have forestry and we have mining to certain degree only suitable if we have Agricultural too at some point.
EllieODaire

#106 Post by EllieODaire » 24 Sep 2021 02:27

IDK, I see Volvo excavators and that articulated heavy dump rig all the time in every corner of the USA. I think most people just don't notice them because they use the same colors as CAT gear.

I wonder how many different departments at Volvo the SCS folks have had to deal with to get the VNL, the Anthem, and now these heavy equipment licenses. Figuring out who to even talk to must be a full time job in itself.
hangman005

#107 Post by hangman005 » 24 Sep 2021 07:28

I just liked how it was 1c cheaper for me to by it for both ATS and ETS than if I were to just buy it for one lol
pigbrother

#108 Post by pigbrother » 24 Sep 2021 07:33

howey wrote: 24 Sep 2021 00:41 I don't understand how VCE is euro crap considering their equipment is used globally. If that was the case you might as well say the same about Hitachi & Komatsu being Japanese rubbish but they not though there actually quite popular as well.
A long time illness https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_exceptionalism
I have approximate knowledge of many things
howey

#109 Post by howey » 24 Sep 2021 12:53

@pigbrother it's more then likely that because VCE isn't as popular compared to other brands that are used in NA he's implying that it would of been more suitable to have a brand that more known for use in that sector or industry in NA perhaps in which I can understand his point of view just approached it the wrong way that's all.
Some newbie driver

#110 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 Sep 2021 13:22

I don't understand why people has keep discussing for so long about if that Volvo machinery cargoes are or not suitable for US depiction.

We are on internet, let's just search a bit. Volvo CE is a company that operates in stock exchanges, they have to made publicly available their economic state. Here, 2021Q1 results: https://www.volvoce.com/global/en/news- ... -increase/

They sell about 60% of what they sell in Europe (and it's just an example, the trend has been similar for several years). In Europe they are (literally) everywhere. So by no means those cargoes are going to be a rare view in the States as a global. Heck, even I just remembered how in the US you produce those reality shows about gold miners and almost all the machinery they use are Volvo.

Would had been a Caterpillar one more "US scenic". Probably, and then the same kind of useless complain could had been done from ETS2 players about "that americrap not being seen almost never by here" (and it would had been as wrong as a complain like the opposite, in all meanings possible). Last notice about this game and Caterpillar we had is that SCS had to lose time of their overloaded vehicle department and do an update on purpose to change all the models in the game that resembled too much a CAT machine. So it seems CAT isn't by the labor to search any licensing cooperation.

In the meantime what we have, for those who want it, are Volvo machines.

Regards

PS: And for those regreting there's no graders on the cargo (I did); no way Volvo would had licensed to SCS something that has not been in production in any market for 7 years. Bad luck for us.

Return to “General discussion about the game”