Volvo Machines DLC

J. Ritter

Re: Volvo Machines DLC

#91 Post by J. Ritter » 23 Sep 2021 17:41

I have seen a good bit of Volvo equipment, too. Like someone else said, especially the articulated dump truck. Can't wait to haul this cargo later.
Robinicus

#92 Post by Robinicus » 23 Sep 2021 17:44

Volvo is gaining ground in the market but they are very far away from "owning" any segment of it....their biggest seller isn't even branded as theirs, it is the Champion line of graders which have been a rebranded Volvo for about the last 20 years or so.

The biggest area they are gaining is are the municipal and civil markets, you will see a lot more out there in the sewer and water segment than even a few years ago.

Disappointed a grader wasn't included, the other models (other than the wheeled excavator) already exist in vanilla variants in the game but bought it nonetheless.

And agree with @flight50 that there should have been a dealership included
Last edited by Robinicus on 23 Sep 2021 17:46, edited 2 times in total.
yukonjack_ak

#93 Post by yukonjack_ak » 23 Sep 2021 17:45

There's a big Volvo dealership just off I-90 here in Billings that sells and services Volvo trucks, Mack trucks and Volvo heavy equipment. Would be make sense to me if we can pickup/deliver to Volvo dealerships and it would be a good workaround to having a dedicated Volvo CE prefab.

Also, I see Volvo equipment as much as any other brand in WY, MT, ID and the Dakotas; probably about even with CAT since there's a big CAT dealership network in the area too. It's probably a regional thing though like I never saw Western Stars when I lived in West Texas but now I see them daily.
My ATS Steam Workshop
- Western Star 4900FA Patch
- Mack Anthem Bull Bars
- Cascadia Sunvisor Fix
- Sweet Bran skin for SCS Grain Hopper
bobgrey1997

#94 Post by bobgrey1997 » 23 Sep 2021 17:49

I see Volvo dealers all over the place in the Midwest, but I rarely even see their heavy equipment in the dealerships. I imagine they will still service that equipment, but they don't seem to be selling them.
I've seen Volvo dealers out west as well, but never recall seeing such equipment. Maybe I just didn't notice it?
rookie_one

#95 Post by rookie_one » 23 Sep 2021 17:50

Robinicus wrote: 23 Sep 2021 17:44 Volvo is gaining ground in the market but they are very far away from "owning" any segment of it....their biggest seller isn't even branded as theirs, it is the Champion line of graders which have been a rebranded Volvo for about the last 20 years or so.

The biggest area they are gaining is are the municipal and civil markets, you will see a lot more out there in the sewer and water segment than even a few years ago.

Disappointed a grader wasn't included, the other models (other than the wheeled excavator) already exist in vanilla variants in the game but bought it nonetheless.

And agree with @flight50 that there should have been a dealership included
To be fair knowing the service contracts that Volvo sells compared to other brand, it make sense for municipal to actually like them.
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
flight50

#96 Post by flight50 » 23 Sep 2021 17:51

A grader would be great. But I think its due to manpower. I think they will add 1-2 more to it. I'd love to see the grader and the asphalt layer be 2 added. ATS should have a ton more construction prefabs made for it. There is always road works going on in the largest US cities.
Robinicus

#97 Post by Robinicus » 23 Sep 2021 17:55

rookie_one wrote: 23 Sep 2021 17:50 To be fair knowing the service contracts that Volvo sells compared to other brand, it make sense for municipal to actually like them.
Those deals are tendered....all comes down to price, I have partnered on many of them over the years and we swap GP around where needed....on the equipment side, these deals are considered "bought" business to get exposure, you will usually see the newest models introduced pop up with muni sales before any contractors

If you have heard the term "Roadside PINS" that is what they are talking about....you see these pieces much more than the typical piece of gear as they are always working around a town/city vs a remote construction site etc
clifflandmark

#98 Post by clifflandmark » 23 Sep 2021 19:11

do AI trucks loaded Volvo machines or only we can carry them?
rookie_one

#99 Post by rookie_one » 23 Sep 2021 19:28

They should have them once in a while, au traffic definitions file exist in the dlc when I checked earlier
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
parasaurolophus67

#100 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 23 Sep 2021 19:43

wait really? so far I didn't see any in Ets2

Return to “General discussion about the game”