Do you use mods?

Do you use mods?

Yes, I use a lot of mods. (15+)
43%
Yes, I use several mods. (5-14)
16%
Yes, I use a small number of mods. (1-4)
21%
No, I don't use any mods, but I'll probably download them.
3%
No, I don't use any mods.
17%

Total votes: 145

plykkegaard

Re: Do you use mods?

#41 Post by plykkegaard » 10 Sep 2021 21:10

The one hosting the game sets the bar, it's no different than other games

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Freeze338

#42 Post by Freeze338 » 11 Sep 2021 05:10

Only the things which is needed. Not a pile of mess which crashes the game with a conflict or with a next update by SCS.

So what is needed for me ?

Kriechbaum engine sound mod because SCS made a horrible job about engine sounds.

Promods Canada, because having another country is good with a good quality.

A.I. truck expansion by bwae

Etc. I think I'm using 6-7 mods.
Holzauge

#43 Post by Holzauge » 16 Sep 2021 06:54

In general I don't use mods. In the past I did, but updating after every patch and not using them during betas wasn't worth it for me. Recently I tried some of Kriechbaum's sounds. They are very good, of course (compared to the stock sounds no wonder), but those I've tried changed the automatic shifting points for the worse (don't ask me why), so it was back to the stock sounds again.

So, no mods! But never say never... :mrgreen:
VDMA
dkasper00

#44 Post by dkasper00 » 16 Sep 2021 07:07

I'm using 3 mods on the non convoy profile. Nothing too crazy.

1: Real Eaton Transmissions
2: A minimal route advisor mod
3: Combined Engines Masterpack
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
EurocopterX3

#45 Post by EurocopterX3 » 16 Sep 2021 09:17

The only mods I've been running as of recently have been SiSL's Mega Pack and the SMP Customization Pack.
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#46 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 16 Sep 2021 09:48

I don't use any mods in ATS since 21 May 2021
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
J. Ritter

#47 Post by J. Ritter » 16 Sep 2021 16:32

I have several profiles with various amounts of mods, all curated for the specific profile. Stuff specific to my J. Ritter Transport profile, my reefer truck profile, etc. Then I also have a vanilla profile for Convoy/Open Beta. All are fun when I am in the right mood. If someone held a gun to my head and forced me to only use one mod, though, it would be tough. I'd be torn between Smarty's wheels and sounds.
VTXcnME

#48 Post by VTXcnME » 19 Sep 2021 11:04

clifflandmark wrote: 10 Sep 2021 17:19 even if they bring mod support to convoy, how will the game manage to open 200+ mods ? or who's going to join that host's game?
Guess if the host of that particular convoy wants to set the bar that high, they wont' get many takers... That's on them. You can host your own convoy with whatever mods (or lack there of) you'd like.

I think of something like Farming Simulator. One of my buddies ran 50 something mods to the game, any time I wanted to play online with him, there was a 10 minute checklist of new mods he had I needed to update or install... eventually we stopped playing online. It just became too much work to sync profiles for the MP client to initialize.

clifflandmark wrote: 10 Sep 2021 17:19 I guess there will be tons of issues and arguments about this mod support thing.

If people know each other and they use same mods, it's ok.

I joined germans, czechs, turks, polishes and many more games and generally we played together in an order although anybody don't know each other.

If this mod support comes, people will not able to join each others games easily as before.
As I said above, there's nothing that prevents you from hosting your own convoy session with no mods, if that's what you want. I'm not thinking mod support is very close at this point, so it's really kind of worrying about nothing. I personally don't care to play online with people I don't know (user preference for sure) so *IF* mod support comes at some point, anyone I play online with I know IRL. It's not a huge issue creating a google drive page with a running mod list they'd need. If mod support doesn't come, it's still the same group I'm driving with.

Currently I have 2 profiles. My online profile that's got zero mods, and my offline profile that's got a handful (mostly real company/real gas station/real trucking companies and then GPS mod (move it top center) and my own custom truck and trailer paint job. Would it be cool to rep my custom painted rig in multiplayer?? Heck yeah it would. But I know very few people care to download specific things like that.
Jatruck

#49 Post by Jatruck » 19 Sep 2021 16:10

In ATS I only use a No damage mod. In ETS2 No damage and Volvo D13 engine sound in 750 HP (I like the powerful 750 HP but the sound of D13).
Tristman

#50 Post by Tristman » 29 Sep 2021 08:39

I use a bunch of mods:

-Kriechbaum’s engine pack: I can play ATS without sound mods, but this pack is just so good! Especially like using the classic engines for the 389 and W900.

-Jazzycat’s traffic packs: As a big car fan, a must for me. Adds a ton of diversity to the game, and gets frequent additions. A lot of people say it ruins the game’s performance, but I haven’t noticed a significant impact.

-Promods Canada: Lovely map, very excited for it to become bigger. Currently it’s difficult to find jobs that don’t take you back out of Canada, but that should no longer be a problem once it’s bigger.

-Reforma: Huge map mod, requires some instructions to enjoy. Mexico has some areas that are better avoided because they are ancient, poorly made, and not receiving a rework for now. Some of the recent additions however, are amazing (Chihuahua, Nogales border), on par with Promods even. Love how the devs captured Mexico with lots of crazy/dangerous roads and even AI driving behavior. Also have to give a shoutout to what is probably the most beautiful highway created in ATS: HWY 40D between Mazatlán and Durango.

*I used to also drive custom trucks, mainly Overfloater’s K100 and some of Harven’s trucks. With Kriechbaum’s sounds I enjoy driving SCS’ trucks just as much however, so I haven’t touched custom trucks in a while.

Return to “General discussion about the game”