Louisiana Discussion Thread

SmokeyWolf

Re: Louisiana Discussion Thread

#21 Post by SmokeyWolf » 10 Sep 2021 03:05

I am with @flight50 Arkansas and Louisiana is a better bundle. Can bundle it with Texas to create the ArkLaTex bundle as that is what that region is normally called.
eonellivlem

#22 Post by eonellivlem » 10 Sep 2021 10:53

Here are my thoughts.
Why bundle states, why not just work on individual states and release them when completed. Smaller teams working on smaller states compared to large teams working on bundles. If the Texas DLC has a price hike then the smaller state DLCs can have a price reduction. I realise it may be easier to work with larger teams on bigger projects but maybe some bundled state DLCs might loose there uniqueness. Just a thought.
angrybirdseller

#23 Post by angrybirdseller » 10 Sep 2021 12:47

Louisiana could produce standalone along with Arkansas could see it being easier get content out sooner. The teams will be split by state for research and building regardless if they bundle the two states as one DLC or sell them one by one. I could see them split these states like 7.99 for each state or 11.99 for the bundle dlc with two states. Arkansas little bit bigger than Louisiana different biome than Louisiana with Ozark hills get rugged landscape still. Its up to CEO to make the call on it. Pavel wants content sooner so its possible will get smaller map DLC or DLC size similar to current states right now. Think Texas will be largest ATS DLC at this point forward and bundle will look like Colorado size.
flight50

#24 Post by flight50 » 10 Sep 2021 14:08

@eonellivlem when I say bundle, it works no matter what. I don't know what bundle is for others but my theory works just like a single state. Example:
1) Louisiana - will take one map team right
2) Arkansas - will take one map team right
3) Mississippi - will take one map team right
4) Alabama - will take one map team right
5) Georgia - will take one map team right
6) Florida - will take one map team right

So if all these state will take one map team...2023, one team takes #1 and one team takes #2. That is two separate map teams just like we have now. These are smaller states than Kansas and Nebraska so they may only need 8-9 people vs 10-12 people. So if we have one map team working North (like Oklahoma), we can get 2 map teams working East with #1 and #2. Bundle only means released together. It does not mean Texas...combined teams. If it takes one team to do the remaining states, split up the ATS map team between Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas accordingly to what's needed. Oklahoma could release for Summer of 2023 while both Louisiana and Arkansas could release for Winter 2023. The Arkansas team stays in Arkansas and the Louisiana team stays in Louisiana. If not together they could even be release 1-2 months apart if there is no ETS2 map. But if its that close of a gap, might as well just release together at that point.
clifflandmark

#25 Post by clifflandmark » 10 Sep 2021 17:40

hmm. I did not consider bundle possibility when I say Louisiana before Oklahoma. LA with AR and MS with AL.
Georgia with Florida ? No.

I'd like to see LA though. it's a different land that we haven't seen yet in ATS.Louisiana will bring differences. I could move my headquarter there.
Freeze338

#26 Post by Freeze338 » 11 Sep 2021 21:04

It should come with Arkansas in same time if you ask me
55sixxx

#27 Post by 55sixxx » 11 Sep 2021 22:50

I think the best possible scenario it's to release Louisiana bundled with Arkansas after Oklahoma. And if my state release speculation it's right, then we might be seeing all the states that border Texas being released in-game 'till the end of 2023.
flight50

#28 Post by flight50 » 11 Sep 2021 23:13

If Texas gets surrounded for 2023, I'm going to be super pumped. The direction SCS can go allows so much more freedom for mappers to go into afterwards. Stacking Kansas and Missouri along with Mississippi would be very attractive. The map grows in all directions.
55sixxx

#29 Post by 55sixxx » 11 Sep 2021 23:28

The eastern part of Texas will bring a new scenery after a long time of just grasslands, deserts and coniferous forest and i can't wait to see the states that borders it completed. Some people might say the concept of doing the L shaped map again is bad, but now it's less problematic and it's by far one of the best choices tbh because it will bring a whole new environment to the game and will take us one step closer to the east coast.
angrybirdseller

#30 Post by angrybirdseller » 12 Sep 2021 03:10

New Orleans and Shreveport along with Baton Rouge these will be some work to build and scale in, and then you have Bayou areas with the drawbridges used on roads zigzag across river channels. Port Fourchan is something scs dealt with before building roads on water or creating marshlands with grass and water close by or making the water transparent and seeing fish swim in the water or alligators while driving by. French Quarter style building and housing in New Orleans would be nice to add like had San Francisco in ATS.

Return to “General discussion about the game”