Louisiana Discussion Thread

Reignman

Re: Louisiana Discussion Thread

#11 Post by Reignman » 08 Sep 2021 22:39

55sixxx wrote: 07 Sep 2021 17:12I've heard rumors of Pavel's wish to get to Florida as soon as possible
Oh man, fly over states can't get any love in the virtual world either? SCS just going to fly right over them here too huh? :lol:

Personally I wish they'd always try to keep the map as square as possible to avoid bottlenecks, so after Montana I'd like to see them hit Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, and then the Dakotas. Then Minnesota and working back south. Louisiana will quickly become a boring bottleneck if they just do the south east strip to Florida.

They could always throw us a curveball too and do Mexico after Texas, or even parts of Canada after Montana.
angrybirdseller

#12 Post by angrybirdseller » 09 Sep 2021 02:11

[ external image ]

My Louisiana Concept-added Port Fourchon be interesting to add its Port to add with delivering goods needed for offshore oil rigs. Then New Orleans will be tricky one to layout as larger cities always get items cut out because of scale. With Shreveport think they will simplify the layout and Alexandra think it will be road to Monroe and Talluah will be part of Monroe. Sildel is 50-50 as New Orleans is near by or it will part of New Orleans will see. Think Louisiana will be 9-10 deliverable city DLC, but it will be more work on city layouts and interchanges than Wyoming. I added US-61 as future route some players like to drive near water or you can take I-55. The Port LaChartrain Causeway long as there no flooding get across just fine.

I do not find no problems with beeline to Florida and have other team build states along the plains. Just have Davido team start Kansas and northward up the plains, and the Texas team clear out the southern quadrant of the USA.
flight50

#13 Post by flight50 » 09 Sep 2021 02:29

You skipped I-20 thru Shreveport? SCS won't do that. They could add I-220 like you have though. But they won't sever a major interstate like that. US-65 I like to Tallulah. But not much industry there to justify it. The trucks stops will make the game off US-65 but that might be for Mississippi once it comes. There is Tallulah Hardwood, a tractor place across the road and Helena Chemical. A Olthon Homes could squeeze in along with a Tidbit/Eddy's but that's about it. That could be enough to make a very very small marked town just to get something East of Monroe. Kentwood would be scenic as part of the extension road for Mississippi.

Now Port Fourchon...I can rock that. That I like. LA-1 is a very very interesting road to add. The biome is nothing seen in ATS currently. That could be a very intriguing route indeed.
FrancescoMasci

#14 Post by FrancescoMasci » 09 Sep 2021 10:30

I have the feeling that Lousiana might get bundled with Missisipi.
Both of them together would be smaller than Colorado or New Mexico, and both DLC for these state have a fairly dense road network so that shouldn't be an issue.
flight50

#15 Post by flight50 » 09 Sep 2021 12:04

I like Louisiana with Arkansas still as a bundle. I'm more of fan of Mississippi with Alabama. The shape of Louisiana and Mississippi doesn't work without Arkansas in place. Oklahoma probably comes first before both LA and MS and no Arkansas creates a gap. That wouldn't work. LA/AK, MS/AL and GA/FL would be better bundles if SCS went that route. Otherwise, all those come individually. We can keep I-10 and I-20 together at least. I-40 is just out of reach until Tennessee and the Carolina's come.
angrybirdseller

#16 Post by angrybirdseller » 09 Sep 2021 12:31

La-308 and LA-1 the the roads are parallel, but route 3235 is partly truck route bypass the towns the bayou areas could run roads parallel in small parts to make driving challenge. Zigzag along with gates for the boats -https://www.google.com/maps/@29.5681576 ... l=en-bayou area will be challenging animal to deal with. Town of Larose the LA-3235 connects to LA-308 and Lockport the LA-308 looks like navigable road. :lol: Think these bayou routes to oilrig facility or dealership or even home construction site would make change of pace. This is like Oregon DLC https://www.google.com/maps/@29.6777306 ... ?hl=en-The draw bridges if boats are coming.

Its 50-50 with bundling Louisiana and think more frequent releases of smaller states maybe better here than bundle as would allow more frequent releases. It depends on decision of Pavel CEO and the developers input and the research done on it based on how long it would take to build it. Even if there less roads the roads being built are more complex now. Wyoming took 10 months to build the map and Louisiana would be 7-8 months to build the map so its something think about. Still have custom truck-stops, bridges, sky-scapers, landmarks in the towns.
FrancescoMasci

#17 Post by FrancescoMasci » 09 Sep 2021 12:50

@flight50 Louisiana and Arkansas is a good idea of Oklahoma comes first.

However if the strategy is still to reach Florida’s first, then it’s better to bundle Louisiana with Mississippi, so Alabama next and finally Florida.
flight50

#18 Post by flight50 » 09 Sep 2021 16:13

What about Georgia? Only accessing Florida via I-10 thru the panhandle would klnda suck, lol. That's corridor driving for sure. I'd actually rather get Georgia before Florida. Atlanta is begging to get into ATS, lol. Georgia also gets us to the coast as well. I'd like the bundle of GA/FL though to get in the workings of I-95.
55sixxx

#19 Post by 55sixxx » 09 Sep 2021 17:08

If you guys check out the release order concept in my signature you'll see that i bundled FL and GA together into one year. And i'm actually hoping and praying that Pavel's wish of reaching the east cost asap comes true, i really want to start doing C2C and that is literally impossible to do with map mods since they have no detailing whatsoever.
angrybirdseller

#20 Post by angrybirdseller » 09 Sep 2021 22:16

Raceland to Port Fourchan all you need couple inches of rain truck is submerged. Hurraince billroads for setting up your house to ride hurricane well. Alligator farm or one waddle across the road.

Random event police and alligator hunters twear out alligator blocking the road by capture or getting it back in the water.

Return to “General discussion about the game”