Louisiana Discussion Thread

55sixxx

Louisiana Discussion Thread

#1 Post by 55sixxx » 07 Sep 2021 17:12

As Wyoming releases today, that leaves Montana to finally complete the west part of the continental United States and also Texas to finally initiate the transition between west and east.

I've heard rumors of Pavel's wish to get to Florida as soon as possible, if that happens to be true, Louisiana could potentially be the next state we will see after Montana. With this state, we'll finally move completely towards a whole new biome and map look.

Here's my concept map of what LA could potentially look like when finished... I tried to include all roads that would be nice to have and the cities with bigger dots are the must have and the ones with the smaller dots are the minor ones, the unmarked cities could come just as scenery towns.
concept map.jpg
Considering that we only have two states left before we could see something from LA, i wouldn't say it's too early to create this thread. I'm not an expert on this subject so i leave to you guys that knows about this stuff to discuss what are the new industries that would be a feature in this state.
JolliciousJosh

Re: Louisiana Discussion Thread

#2 Post by JolliciousJosh » 07 Sep 2021 17:25

For Louisiana, the biggest industry belongs to oil, natural gas, fishing, chemicals and agriculture. It is known as the home of sugarcane.
clifflandmark

#3 Post by clifflandmark » 07 Sep 2021 17:30

ahh... I should ve been opened this! it's swamp time and expect Lousiana before Oklahoma and after Montana

delivering chicken to popeyes.
Strongbee4

#4 Post by Strongbee4 » 07 Sep 2021 20:24

If this happens my hype is going to go through the roof.
The Torgo

#5 Post by The Torgo » 08 Sep 2021 01:51

@55sixxx nice concept, i like it
Reis_6

#6 Post by Reis_6 » 08 Sep 2021 03:13

Interesting concept map buddy, I just wouldn't bet on the parallel highways with I-49 and I-10.
alaskagames

#7 Post by alaskagames » 08 Sep 2021 04:13

You really think theyll leave Holma out? I kinda think theyd make maybe morgan city just a drive-thru town, and add one of the exits for holma, allow you to go down to either one of the big shopping areas or go down to the little port they have and deliver to maybe a steel place or marina. With Morgan City youd probably only get maybe a steel place on the waterway. Or maybe they add in both, but I think the main point is theyll probably add in Holma. Too big to skip in my opinion,
_Roger_

#8 Post by _Roger_ » 08 Sep 2021 08:30

Way too many roads on your concept I think. Espeically coming out of Alexandria.
This map provides a bit more detail for road numbers
[ external image ]
Still at a stage where every Interstate on that map is included.
Forget US-71 out of Alexandria. The road south of Catahoula Lake as well. US-84 between I-49 and US-167 possibly as well. US-190 next to I-10 might get saved because I expect SCS to push New Orleans as far south as possible for scaling given the complete lack of anything there, possibly giving enough room for both roads.
I'd expect none of your small dot cities to be destinations except Natchitoches on I-49 and Morgan on US-90. Maybe Tullos on US-165. Maybe Ferriday instead of Winnsboro on US-65. And probably something on US-171.

Remember the sort of size we're working with.

[ external image ]

I'd expect 10-12 cities, maybe a few more smaller ones.
rbsanford

#9 Post by rbsanford » 08 Sep 2021 16:36

Shreveport, Monroe, Alexandria, Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and maybe Slidell should be marked. There doesn't seem to be much room for anything else, except maybe for something on the 171 like Leesville, something in the Mississippi Valley like Winnsboro, Ferriday, or Tallulah, and something down on the bayou like Morgan City or Houma.

Back when I made my concept maps, I thought it would be neat if Venice (nowadays called Boothville-Venice) were marked, so we could go all the way out to the mouth of the Mississippi, or at least as close as a road could take you.

I'm really looking forward to Lousisiana's many long, high bridges, especially the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge, which is one of the longest on the Interstate Highway System (IIRC, the longest is the Manchac Swamp Bridge in I-55, also in LA). The Basin Bridge in ATS should just be I-10 between Lafayette and Baton Rouge; I'd hate to see the length cut down, like with I-80 across the Great Salt Lake Desert.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
flight50

#10 Post by flight50 » 08 Sep 2021 16:54

With Texas in the works, its definitely not too soon for Louisiana. Nice concept map. Perhaps just a hair too dense but not bad at all. The only roads I'd question is like Roger said. US-190 and US-71. Too close to I-49 and I-10 perhaps which we know will take priority. The roads heading into Arkansas and Mississippi won't come until later so the yellow should stop shy of I-20 and I-10.

I only see 8-9 cities for Louisiana. Its a small state but dense. I'd say New Orleans, Houma or Morgan City, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, Lake Charles, Alexandria, Monroe and Shreveport are locks. On the outside looking in I'd say Natchitoches has a shot. I stopped there once to fuel and gas up at a Walmart well off I-49. Without US-71, there is plenty of space to add Natchitoches and is a nice mid point from Shreveport to Alexandria.

edit. rbsanford post his cities before me. I was typing and editing, lol.

East of Monroe and Alexandria, I don't see anything coming with the dlc until Mississippi comes. North of Baton Rouge, same thing. Now US-171 has some promise as it runs the border of Louisiana and Texas kinda. I like the Lake Charles to Shreveport back road. Most will take I-49 though but I love backroads more. But its an easy tree wall route. Once we get to East Texas, there will be a ton of tree wall/tunnel roads to come in ATS. I can see many people saying....its the same...its the same. Well, real life is the same then. Don't blame SCS. I see Louisiana as a 8-9 month project when it comes.

Return to “General discussion about the game”