Louisiana Discussion Thread

supersobes
Global moderator

Re: Louisiana Discussion Thread

#41 Post by supersobes » 13 Sep 2021 22:34

clifflandmark wrote: 13 Sep 2021 22:00 This is a lenghten road build on swamp to Port Fourchon. Do trucks allowed to be driven ?
There are trucks using it on Google Maps so it seems they are allowed there.
flight50

#42 Post by flight50 » 14 Sep 2021 00:34

@oldmanclippyNice little map. Looks realistic enough to get. The only road that perhaps can be skipped is the Causeway. It might be cool but it serves no purpose and takes up space. Slidell should make the game regardless by default because of the interchange required. Its has some nice greenery around it but that greenery hides a lot of the buildings. It would be sweet if we could get Sam's Club finally in the game. Exit 80 has 3 solid places in Home Depot and a Walmart+Sam's combo on the same lot that happens all over the US. But that interchange can't be missed. Its I-10, I-12 and I-59. The Causeway doesn't serve a city on the North side that is detrimental to game play. The can't leave out I-55 so Hammond is like Slidell in that it shows up by default. We can use that Causeway space in NO/Metairie for those interesting looking interchanges along I-10. There could be a chance to get the airport in the game. I don't see one coming with Montana or Oklahoma. So Louisiana could be after Texas to get one.

There is a lot of stuff that can come along the Mississippi and this could be interesting to see. Not everything will fit but there will be lots of scenery that will not be functional. I can see Houma being skipped in favor of Morgan City. Morgan City could be scenic. It breaks up Lafayette and New Orleans nicely. That paves the way for Port Fourchon. I like it. They can cheat the Port any way they wish. South, East, Southeast...doesn't matter. But imagine the scenery that could come.

I like LA-1 though. Trucks are definitely on it. Here are 2 more.
https://www.google.com/maps/@29.2943768 ... 8192?hl=en
https://www.google.com/maps/@29.2946612 ... 8192?hl=en
oldmanclippy

#43 Post by oldmanclippy » 14 Sep 2021 01:48

flight50 wrote: 14 Sep 2021 00:34 @oldmanclippyNice little map. Looks realistic enough to get. The only road that perhaps can be skipped is the Causeway. It might be cool but it serves no purpose and takes up space. Slidell should make the game regardless by default because of the interchange required. Its has some nice greenery around it but that greenery hides a lot of the buildings. It would be sweet if we could get Sam's Club finally in the game. Exit 80 has 3 solid places in Home Depot and a Walmart+Sam's combo on the same lot that happens all over the US. But that interchange can't be missed. Its I-10, I-12 and I-59. The Causeway doesn't serve a city on the North side that is detrimental to game play. The can't leave out I-55 so Hammond is like Slidell in that it shows up by default. We can use that Causeway space in NO/Metairie for those interesting looking interchanges along I-10. There could be a chance to get the airport in the game. I don't see one coming with Montana or Oklahoma. So Louisiana could be after Texas to get one.

There is a lot of stuff that can come along the Mississippi and this could be interesting to see. Not everything will fit but there will be lots of scenery that will not be functional. I can see Houma being skipped in favor of Morgan City. Morgan City could be scenic. It breaks up Lafayette and New Orleans nicely. That paves the way for Port Fourchon. I like it. They can cheat the Port any way they wish. South, East, Southeast...doesn't matter. But imagine the scenery that could come.

I like LA-1 though. Trucks are definitely on it. Here are 2 more.
https://www.google.com/maps/@29.2943768 ... 8192?hl=en
https://www.google.com/maps/@29.2946612 ... 8192?hl=en
Sam's Club would be great, Costco too as a competitor (but we know that ATS doesn't do competitors for most industries yet :( ). And yeah I am fine with the causeway being ditched in order to help out the other intersections. Slidell should be scenic I agree, I just mean that it shouldn't be marked. Same with Morgan City. Houma can't really be scenic as it's too far away from US-90. Unless they added some type of service there.

Starting with Louisiana they need to make it a priority to still include some state routes instead of just interstates and US routes. We need to maintain some road type variety even as the controlled access density gets greater and greater as we move east.

Something I just learned is that Natchitoches is pronounced "Nak-uh-dish". What??? :lol: I have a central European surname that does not at all look like it sounds and no one can pronounce it right on the first try, but even my name looks reasonable compared to Natchitoches. In French I suppose it would probably be "Nash-uh-tush" or something like that so it sort of makes sense but only very slightly
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#44 Post by flight50 » 14 Sep 2021 04:42

I'm routing for Natchitoches for real. I made a little detour off I-49 once to go there. It was tucked off in there nicely off I-49. So LA-6 from at least US-171 on to connect to US-84 and on to US-165 would be some nice added density. I see US-165 being more valid than US-167 because it links up 2 marked city candidates in Monroe and Alexandria.

Ruston is scenic at best as it breaks up Shreveport and Monroe which is 99 miles apart so Ruston fits the bill for scenic. Ruston has this new Exxon gas station that also has gas for trucks. You can see the sign says cars and trucks. The pumps are also all diesel. https://www.google.com/maps/@32.5422234 ... 8192?hl=en. So getting the truck stop there would be legit.
angrybirdseller

#45 Post by angrybirdseller » 14 Sep 2021 05:34

Actually US-65 is worth keeping as provide alternative to Pine Bluff and meets with US-165 from Monroe then Lake Providence and north-south up to Pine Bluff AR and Springfield MO. Its not like does not fit the scale at all. US-165 from I-10 to Alexandra would be easy implement. Hourma would could fit depending how New Orleans is set up. I can be okay with Hourma being scenery town, but delivery town with auto-dealership or bass shop even another Walbert would work fine.
Trakaplex

#46 Post by Trakaplex » 14 Sep 2021 14:58

Is Louisiana certain to be a single DLC? I was willing it to be with Arkansas.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
oldmanclippy

#47 Post by oldmanclippy » 14 Sep 2021 15:10

Trakaplex wrote: 14 Sep 2021 14:58 Is Louisiana certain to be a single DLC? I was willing it to be with Arkansas.
We have no idea. I predict it will come alone since Pavel spoke a lot about increasing the pace of releases during the Wyoming release stream, but it is possible that it will be bundled with Arkansas. It all depends on how they divvy up the Texas team after it is finished.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#48 Post by flight50 » 14 Sep 2021 15:41

^Agreed. 2023 could be the first time we get 3 states though. I don't see such until both Texas and Montana are out though. They are the first and third largest states area wise. They both demand a decent number of mappers to complete. Not to mention the rebuild team. If SCS is willing to drop the price of dlc's, yes Louisiana could come solo. But I'd really like to see ATS's first combo if Oklahoma is in place for a LA/AR release. Both states could be done with 7-8 mappers each perhaps. That's perhaps less people working Texas. So Oklahoma first, then perhaps the Montana team shifts around and can combine with the rest of the Texas team and half take Louisiana and the other portion in Arkansas. If anyone is left, they can go rebuild.

Oklahoma Summer of 2023 and Louisiana/Arkansas Winter of 2023. That's the wish I have. With Ok/LA/Ar in place, Now we have 2 states wide that can stack North and we can always go East if SCS wanted to. So Kansas/Missouri, then Nebraska/Iowa. Then we have Mississippi/Alabama. Whether combos happen or not, quality will not change and we'd still get a state in a decent time frame.
55sixxx

#49 Post by 55sixxx » 14 Sep 2021 19:44

One approach that could work is towards all directions:

[ external image ]

It may seem a lot of work at first for some years, but i believe that it's not impossible to do this.
Tristman

#50 Post by Tristman » 14 Sep 2021 20:32

I can't tell if the strategy above will result in awkward interstate gaps, but at first glance I would say this is pretty much the ideal direction for me.

Return to “General discussion about the game”