What is your favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator?

Favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator

Interstate 5
No votes
Interstate 10
5%
Interstate 15
5%
Interstate 20
2%
Interstate 25
6%
Interstate 35
5%
Interstate 40
No votes
Interstate 44
No votes
Interstate 45
5%
Interstate 70
27%
Interstate 80
10%
Interstate 84
No votes
Interstate 90
37%

Total votes: 63

LeGod7

Re: What is your favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator?

#31 Post by LeGod7 » 17 Sep 2021 21:09

I'm probably in a minority but voted for I-40, mainly for the Albuquerque to Kingman stretch. It's probably my most travelled road as my HQ is in Flagstaff and also as I have driven part of it IRL. Considering it's mostly base map I don't think it looks too bad. I also really like I-15, particularly from Vegas to St George again as I've driven that IRL and it's very scenic and also pretty accurate from what I remember.

Least favourite is definitely I-5 as it looks so dated and unrealistic. Can't wait for the rebuild there!
SenseFM

#32 Post by SenseFM » 17 Sep 2021 21:23

Apart from I-70, I-84 and I-90, I'd like to make an honorable mention for I-19, just because it's the only one US interstate signed in the metric system. The scenery it traverses is nothing impressive, but I find the signage oddity kinda interesting given the context.

[ external image ]

Once I-80 in California and Nevada gets reworked, it will probably become one of my favorites - the climb through Sierra Nevada and the barren landscapes of Nevada look very scenic from what I seen on Google Street View.
supersobes
Global moderator

#33 Post by supersobes » 17 Sep 2021 23:49

Sora wrote: 17 Sep 2021 17:34 Aren't Interstates 11, 17, and 19 effectively complete in ATS too? They're not very long (especially 11)
The thing about Interstate 11 is that while it's currently complete in ATS, it won't be for long. Currently in the works IRL is upgrading US-93 and US-95 to Interstate standards to have I-11 go from Reno to Phoenix via Las Vegas.

The long term goal is to make it a major north-south Interstate that connects Mexico and Canada. North of Reno, they want it to go through eastern Oregon up to the junction between I-84 and I-82, then they'll rename I-82 to I-11, and then continue past the northern end of the current I-82 at I-90 all the way up to the Canadian border. South of Phoenix, they want I-11 to run concurrently with I-10 down to Tucson, and then they'll rename I-19 to I-11.
Sora

#34 Post by Sora » 18 Sep 2021 00:33

You say "for long", but how much of that will be done before the end of ATS's lifespan? I've been hearing about these plans for a very long time, but other than the little stub at the border, not much has really changed regarding I-11 since the initial piece finished. There are lots of similar highways in Texas with "planned extensions", but the vast majority of them have been moving at a pretty glacial pace, including I-69 (which is very similar in purpose to I-11; furthermore, there are states moving even more slowly for the same road). I think something did recently happen with I-14 (which is very similar in current length to I-11), but I'll believe it when I can take it to San Angelo or College Station. Admittedly I don't have freeway news on speed dial, so maybe I'm missing stuff, but I still don't get the impression that any of these grand plans will be done before 2030.

For all intents and purposes, the I-11 (and the I-19, and the I-82) will probably remain as they are in ATS for quite some time to come. Maybe they'll expand someday, but I'm not holding my breath. Besides, even if they do -- and assuming, for that matter, that ATS is still around once that happens -- these are, as you say, mostly upgrades or resignings of existing roads. And most of those roads are in ATS, or likely to be added to it at some point. As long as SCS has enough foresight to consider these routes when rebuilding Nevada and Arizona (e.g. making an actual junction for US 60 in Phoenix), it shouldn't be an enormous problem to go back and "upgrade them to Interstate standards" in ATS as well.
55sixxx

#35 Post by 55sixxx » 18 Sep 2021 00:38

I think that will take quite a while to be made in-real life, given how long the road is.

Also, Nevada is the state that i hate the most to drive in... I've drove in there so much back and forth when i only had the base map that i can't even stand looking at it anymore. The exceptions are the I-80 and the Las Vegas area.

And i know that once Texas come, i'll be doing a lot of trips through I-10... New Mexico still has good quality and some parts of Arizona are bearable... The only sucky part of those trips will be the Cali stretch, but since most of it will be in nicely built DLC's, i don't mind that much.
supersobes
Global moderator

#36 Post by supersobes » 18 Sep 2021 00:49

Well, without getting too political, I'm referring to the infrastructure bill that Congress is currently working on, which includes funding for Arizona and Nevada to finish their parts of Interstate 11. Typically once an Interstate project secures sufficient funding, it's not long after before the major construction really starts.
saur44l

#37 Post by saur44l » 18 Sep 2021 12:23

For me it is I-70 entire stretch that we now have in the game is wonderful and without competition,after that I would say I-5 North of Sacramento followed closely by I-15 North of Las Vegas.In the end one has to say that every other interstate of the game is nicely done,with the exception of the ones in the base map.
festmache

#38 Post by festmache » 18 Sep 2021 14:40

I-84, the part in Idaho 🧘‍♂️👌

(Scenery-wise, definitely the I-70)
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]
SmokeyWolf

#39 Post by SmokeyWolf » 18 Sep 2021 23:15

In game and in real life I-40 is my favorite followed by 80.
saur44l

#40 Post by saur44l » 19 Sep 2021 12:35

One other interstate that is worth mentioning is I-17,that was my favorite interstate even when New Mexico came,the layout of the road(ingame)is simply amazing,especially when driving southbound.If and when the times come for Arizona rebuild I do hope that they will keep the layout itself but improve the scenery with today standards.

Return to “General discussion about the game”