What is your favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator?

Favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator

Interstate 5
No votes
Interstate 10
5%
Interstate 15
5%
Interstate 20
2%
Interstate 25
6%
Interstate 35
5%
Interstate 40
No votes
Interstate 44
No votes
Interstate 45
5%
Interstate 70
27%
Interstate 80
10%
Interstate 84
No votes
Interstate 90
37%

Total votes: 63

nautofon

Re: What is your favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator?

#21 Post by nautofon » 16 Sep 2021 16:10

Speaking of routes in the east, I think my favorite is I-175, but I concede that it's not in the game and it sadly is unlikely to ever be in it.

Given the 1:20 scale, I have no hopes of I-238 making the cut, either. ;)

Of those interstates that are in the game, I don't really have a favorite. I do have soft spots for I-19 and I-82 though. And what's there of I-70 is very impressive.
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
flight50

#22 Post by flight50 » 16 Sep 2021 22:48

Correction here. I-84 isn't complete actually. There is an I-84 in the West and there is I-84 in the East. Both are short. This is actually a cool thread. Unfortunately, the base map is not completed with its rebuild to a lot of bias will be in here because of it.
IvanKuz wrote: 15 Sep 2021 20:27 I'm not sure what my favourite Interstate is, I guess I'll go for I-70 because of Colorado.
But I can easily tell you what my least favourite one is: I-40. I'm just sick of it. Back when there were only 3-4 states, pretty much every long-distance job took me through it. Driving up and down the same desert over and over grew old really fast.
You took the words out my mouth, lol. I don't know because not everything is the same quality.........yet. I to got burned out when we just had NM and OR as paid maps.

But if I had to pick something, it will be I-80 (with rebuild in mind) or I-90( with Montanain mind). So that is why I want I-80 in Nevada fast tracked to bring up its quality level to make San Franciscoto Cheyenne a very nice trip. Montana could be a game changer with I-90 though. I-70 is great but everyone is picking it. I love the rock formations but its too easy to say I-70 just because of Colorado. I like a collaboration of states. What is the entire run like vs just in one state. We'll see how the options change as more and more states come. Lets see where things are in 5 years, 8-10 years. As new interstates come,x older ones get booted from the likes list. Or we get more of an existing one interstate to change minds.

My vote for now in this poll is I-80.
55sixxx

#23 Post by 55sixxx » 16 Sep 2021 23:02

My favorites are: I-10, I-40, I-5, I-90, I-80, I-70, I-25 and I-15

I literally cannot wait to finally have the full lenght I-10 and I-90 in-game... It will take years but it will be worth it... When that time comes, I'll only be doing C2C. I also cannot wait to finally have the entire I-15 as well. Tbh, i like pretty much every interstate, since LH is my favorite thing to do (Especially with g_traffic 3 that adds more realism to them).

When Texas come, i know that I'll be spending quite a while doing the back and forth through I-10... And when Montana comes, I'll also spend quite some time going through I-15 and I-90.

TL;DR = I like all Interstates and cannot wait to have every single one of them in ATS.
Cyberman

#24 Post by Cyberman » 17 Sep 2021 14:06

I'm waiting for I-39, I-43 to come, and then also the full I-90 and I-94
canuckster

#25 Post by canuckster » 17 Sep 2021 15:06

I-70 From Grand Junction to Denver
A Lannister always pays his debts.
Pining to drive the Trans-Canada Highway... some eventual beautiful day.
supersobes
Global moderator

#26 Post by supersobes » 17 Sep 2021 15:18

Cyberman wrote: 17 Sep 2021 14:06 I'm waiting for I-39 ... to come
Oh, yes! Interstate 39 will be so nice to have in ATS! I especially love the southern portion of it in Illinois between I-90, I-88, and I-80. One of the things that really sticks out to me about this part of I-39 are these interestingly shaped powerline pylons. I do hope SCS adds those when they get to this road.

[ external image ]
flight50

#27 Post by flight50 » 17 Sep 2021 15:38

I think it would be hard for them to miss that detail for the powerlines. That is different though.
Bedavd

#28 Post by Bedavd » 17 Sep 2021 16:47

I can't say I have a favorite. I tend to drive on the same roads a lot for a while, such as 25/80/70 right now, and that makes me biased to those roads which are lovely. I just so happened to take a shipment to LA recently though and driving along I-15 from I-70 to Las Vegas I forgot how much I liked that road too! Or I-90 in Washington but that might just be because it's familiar to me now...
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Sora

#29 Post by Sora » 17 Sep 2021 17:34

Aren't Interstates 11, 17, and 19 effectively complete in ATS too? They're not very long (especially 11), but 17 in particular was practically the original scenery Interstate in ATS... even if it's been outdone many times since Arizona's release.

I'm not really good at picking favorites, in any case. I like and dislike things about pretty much all of them, though there's admittedly not a lot to say about 11, 19, and 86. If I have a least favorite, it would probably be I-8. It's still not like I actively hate it or anything... it's just kinda situational and doesn't have many memorable features beyond the weird slow-motion curve.
oldmanclippy

#30 Post by oldmanclippy » 17 Sep 2021 20:25

I really love these types of threads. I voted for I-25 as my favorite overall.

I will categorize them two ways: overall interstates, and stretches of interstate:

Favorite overall interstates:
1. I-25. From Las Cruces to Sheridan, what this interstate lacks in diversity it makes up for in consistency of quality. Mountains to the west, plains to the east. It's where the Great Plains end and the Mountain West begins.
2. I-70. Another one of great quality since it's Utah and Colorado. Insane rock formations, elevation changes, twists, and turns. The descent into Denver is handled surprisingly well, and then we finally exit the mountains into the Great Plains east of Denver. This is an interstate that will keep on impressing us all the way to Maryland.
3. I-90. This one will probably jump to #1 after Montana comes out. Seattle to CDA is a beautiful drive with tons of geographical diversity. Lakes, mountains, forests, deserts, plains. And it's also fantastic but short in Wyoming. When Montana connects them it will really open up the PNW to the rest of the map.
4. I-84. Again, consistency is key for me. Scaling takes its toll on I-84 in eastern Oregon, but the drive alongside the Columbia River is amazing and the I-84 corridor in Idaho is done really really well. This road single-handedly made us all forget about the dreaded Winnemucca bottleneck.
5. I-82. This is the only other lengthy interstate in the game that has at least New Mexico level quality for its entire run so it kind of lands here by default. Really well done, it just doesn't have the same natural wonder or sheer length that the other ones have going for it, at no fault of its own.

Favorite stretches of interstate:
1. I-70 in Colorado. From the desert, to the rock formations, to Glenwood Canyon, to the climb to the Eisenhower Tunnel, to the descent into Denver, to the intersection with I-25, to the Great Plains all the way to Burlington, this is an insanely high quality and fun interstate to drive on. It likely won't be matched in terms of sheer wonder per mile until I-40 in Tennessee.
2. I-25 in Colorado. Basically what I said about it above. Colorado Springs to Denver is a bit too condensed, but other than that it's golden.
3. I-80 in Wyoming. Rawlins is way too wide west-east, but that's the only major flaw in my book. This is the next I-84; it will be a major transit route from west to east for the rest of ATS's lifespan. Denver to the PNW doesn't have to go through I-70 each time which is nice.
4. I-5 in Northern California (reworked). Exceptionally well done (besides Mt Shasta argghhh) and a hopeful taste of what is to come. If the rest of I-5 in the California rework can be this good, then I-5 has a really good chance at becoming the best overall interstate.
5. I-90 in Washington. What I said earlier, just without the Idaho part which is really short.
Honorable Mentions:
I-15 in Utah
I-25 in Wyoming
I-5 in Washington
I-84 in Idaho
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)

Return to “General discussion about the game”