Half law-abiding half reckless
36%
Completely reckless
3%

Total votes: 130

flight50

Re: How am I driving

#51 Post by flight50 » 04 Oct 2021 22:17

It half for me. Usually because of the lack of patience and what I'm doing. The times I'm half
- I ignore all weigh stations if I have discovered them already. Until SCS makes weight stations and scales valid, I don't use them. I stopped about 2 years ago
- 9 out of 10 times I follow the road rules. Only times I don't is when I need to discover an on/off ramp and I'm only missing a small portion to discover. I'll get off the ramp and blow thru the light or stop sign if no AI is blocking thru travel to get back on. I like to beat the AI I was in front of to get back on the interstate. Sometimes my view is obstructed when I get off the ramps so its a gamble. I rarely get caught in wrecks though. 5% of the time I wreck so its low
- I get caught speeding sometimes if I'm not paying attention. But speeding is the most common offense.
- I'll ride the shoulder near on/off ramps if the AI is being stupid and blocking the road
MRX911

#52 Post by MRX911 » 06 Oct 2021 20:04

I play this game as if it was Need for Speed Truck to be honest. Interpret that how you wish lol.

Now for details : I play with only 2 mods, no damage and no trailer restrictions because I like hauling multiple ones. I try to avoid crashing unless the AI is merging like an idiot. If I see the intersection is clear enough I'll just go through, if I see traffic, I'll slow down to make my way normally. Speed limits? Not for me, most of the time I cruise between 80 to 110 mph. Also, I explore the map 100% in this profile, lately I completed Wyoming in less than 15 hours after release and my cruising events are done within 3-4 hours so I let you picture how fast I try to be. I still like doing more than the personal goal on WoT events after I'm done though just because they're fun even with the speed limit.

Side note : since convoy without mods, I had to adapt to having damage again so sometimes it can be rough but I managed it much better than I expected so there's that.

One thing that I would love to find some day is the Phantom Wedge from GTA Online and of course the physics that go with it :D

The oddly duckling will see itself out now
Stick to the route. Stop for nothing. Make the drop.
bobgrey1997

#53 Post by bobgrey1997 » 07 Oct 2021 18:26

You try to do World of Trucks, but also cruise at 80-110? World of Trucks is limited to 65.
MRX911

#54 Post by MRX911 » 08 Oct 2021 20:39

I said most of the time I cruise between 80 to 110 mph. I know that WoT contracts are speed limited to 65 mph max and that's perfectly fine by me. I just do these less often or when there's an event active.
Stick to the route. Stop for nothing. Make the drop.
MT269

#55 Post by MT269 » 09 Oct 2021 04:05

With minimal traffic levels enabled, I tend to drive/corner like I'm playing a racing game. IE undercutting corners, so that the truck misses the apex with minimal space in between. It usually freaks out the peds/motorists/cops who are powerless to do anything.

I don't mind driving on the wrong side of the road. But this is usually to ensure a more linear route to the destination. I generally try to reach about 100MPH. Once I've reached this, I tend to just carry on, being sure to be on the lookout for any obstacles.

With a zero damage mod, cars are no longer a major issue. But they do slow the vehicle down. So I try to avoid queues of them.

And for the record, yes I have traffic offences disabled.

Weight stations? Static scenery to me, unless there's an achievement for using one.

Edit: I'm surprised that I'm only the 4th one to vote for the third option.
Last edited by MT269 on 09 Oct 2021 04:17, edited 1 time in total.
Jacksonshaulage1

#56 Post by Jacksonshaulage1 » 09 Oct 2021 04:16

I was drive by the rules never speed etc and can not wait pass my hgv licence.
bobgrey1997

#57 Post by bobgrey1997 » 09 Oct 2021 18:55

MT269 wrote: 09 Oct 2021 04:05undercutting corners, so that the truck misses the apex with minimal space in between.
I do this in reality, though not at max speed. On offramps, I often cut onto the should a bit to make the otherwise pointed angle of the ramp a more smooth turn.
On small roads where there is almost never any traffic (usually in industrial parks, which are spaced out enough that you can see a long distance down all nearby roads in most cases), I will often also ignore road lines, which seems to be common, as these roads tend to have lines that are almost not visible because of how many times they have been driving over, wearing them down to the point that all that is left is the pavement. These areas are also often designed in a way that to make a turn, you have to basically take up every lane in the intersection.

The difference here, I guess, would be the relation to ither vehicles. In-game, you can just push them away. In reality, I usually find a spot to wait in until traffic clears before I approach the intersection.
Hoffa82

#58 Post by Hoffa82 » 18 Oct 2021 16:19

I follow the rules as best I can. Sometimes speeding a little bit, nothing extreme but if I'm doing 65 and I missed a 55 zone up ahead sign, I won't panic and stand on the brake to hit the limit.
And if the traffic get exceptionally stupid I might get a bit pushy.
When in doubt, take a step back, research, use logic and see the discussion from a different angle, then.... MORE POWER!!
plykkegaard

#59 Post by plykkegaard » 18 Oct 2021 16:22

I just catch a shoulder to lean on in case the AI messes up

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
harishw8r

#60 Post by harishw8r » 18 Oct 2021 16:31

A great monk once said:
The more you abide by the rules, the more you hate the AI traffic.

Return to “General discussion about the game”