Total votes: 130

bobgrey1997

Re: How am I driving

#31 Post by bobgrey1997 » 30 Sep 2021 14:59

No, they'll claim to be law-abiding.
cwat89

#32 Post by cwat89 » 30 Sep 2021 16:54

I follow most of the laws. I’ll stop at red lights unless I’m pulling something heavy and know I can’t stop in time. I do ram into the dumb AI if they pull out in front of me or if they won’t move when I’m trying to make a wide turn or turn into a depot with a long trailer. Because ya know you couldn’t really do that IRL so I take out my real life traffic frustration on the AI. :lol:
Izmaragon

#33 Post by Izmaragon » 30 Sep 2021 21:33

So, coming back from a trip the other day, I nearly saw a semi truck accident happen...

Newer Volvo with bullbar front trying to speed/bully his way thru heavy wb traffic on 2 lanes west bound approaching CDA from east. Guy came within 2-3 ft [it was hard to tell when looking from what was a behind the offending truck angle] or so of hitting the semi trailer in front of him due to a slower sedan in the fast lane that was very slow to be flexible with speed. For the next 5 to 10 min of driving I can imagine there was some pretty fiery language on the cb. Not sure what happened to the volvo, He was pulling into the WAdot weigh station when I passed that area. No pictures, tho very likely someone may post it to youtube in a week or so.

As for me. I drive much much saner in reality then I do in ATS. I could literally see that incident straight from ATS actually.
My WoT

Show trucks are working trucks, they simply do the same job in a slightly more noticeable and stylish fashion.
SirVirgoTheMess

#34 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 30 Sep 2021 22:54

For those talking about bad drivers in TMP : i don't know which server you're playing on,what time of the day you're playing or where in the map you're driving...
I've rarely seen bad drivers or people crashing into each other on purpose or blocking each other for no reason.
I haven't put much time on TMP recently,but i have my TMP account since August 2015.
And again,on those 6 years,i've rarely seen bad players.

Not saying they don't exist,but i've heard/read a lot of people saying bad things about TMP players...but rarely i was able to confirm those words.
bobgrey1997

#35 Post by bobgrey1997 » 30 Sep 2021 23:52

Lucky you.
Bad drivers are only the start. Bad admins are worse. They will ban anyone on the spot with no question when those bad drivers report them for the mistakes the bad drivers themselves made instead.
I'm actually surprised Convoy hasn't killed TMP yet. I hope Mod Support for Convoy finally does it.
EllieODaire

#36 Post by EllieODaire » 01 Oct 2021 03:20

bobgrey1997 wrote: 30 Sep 2021 04:59 OH! It was YOU!
You were the flatbed driver doing 49 in that work zone in Waterloo, Iowa, where the speed limit useless drops from 65 to 50, despite the zone no longer being active!?

Yeah... that one probably got used to the sound of the horn.
That one wasn't me but I definitely was doing 40 bobtailing in the work zone on I-87 southbound just after clearing the bottleneck that is the ramp from 87 to the George Washington Bridge in NYC yesterday, that really pissed off a garbage hauler for some reason even though we hit crawling traffic again less than a minute later as we came up on 287.

But no flatbed is too much work I like moving stuff in nice neat boxes, sometimes cold sometimes not.
XanderSJX

#37 Post by XanderSJX » 01 Oct 2021 06:47

I've put law-abiding in poll, as a european 4-wheel driver in RL. I use same approach in ATS: keeping distance to vehicle in front, stopping on red light, giving turn indicators for change of lane and turns. Now what is not 100% in line with law, but I still do it in ATS and in RL: if no heavy traffic driving 3-5kph/mph above limit or keeping in line with traffic around me (if limit is 60 and everyone drive 70 I will drive 70), not fully stopping but crawling through stop signs and right turns on red.

Now of course, this is the game, so red mist can come up: blocked on ramp-> I will use right/stooping lane to enter on highway, late for load/delivery-> I will run yellow/red light, etc.
Underscore_101_

#38 Post by Underscore_101_ » 01 Oct 2021 08:11

bobgrey1997 wrote: 30 Sep 2021 23:52 I'm actually surprised Convoy hasn't killed TMP yet. I hope Mod Support for Convoy finally does it.
TMP is a completely different experience and I wouldn't be surprised if they stay as big as they are implementing new stuff that they "copy" for lack of a better word from Convoy.
Most specifically AI traffic and mod support (if they haven't done that already)
I don't play tmp (or convoy) but I can see the appeal tmp has over Convoy, and possibly would play it again if it wasn't so troll infested.
pigbrother

#39 Post by pigbrother » 01 Oct 2021 08:31

Sometimes I overspeed a little but keep it under the threshold for fines, so 85 km/h instead of 80 km/h in ETS2 or 58/63 mph instead of 55/60 mph in ATS. Sometimes I overtake when I shouldn't but I guess I'm careful enough because I wasn't involved in a crash in years. Apart from that, I'm kinda law abiding, it makes no sense to me to play such games instead of others that are way more fun for being a reckless outlaw.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
plykkegaard

#40 Post by plykkegaard » 01 Oct 2021 08:56

Mostly law-abiding
Sleep is turned off as I seldom play longer than an hour and a half
Fines are turned on

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “General discussion about the game”