ATS 1.42 discussion thread

natvander
SCS Software

Re: ATS 1.42 discussion thread

#331 Post by natvander » 22 Oct 2021 07:59

Milari wrote: 22 Oct 2021 02:27 Hi

Old g25 wheel turner here. Wheel turns from left to right as its suppose to do, old cars have that dead center when trying to go straight.
Not so familiar with ats cruise control, but when cc is on and on manual, why cannot disengage gear or change gear unless take cc off and after that can change?
As per real life, if the cruise control isn’t disengaged when changing gears in a manual, the engine would simply rev to the red line when the clutch is applied and all sorts of nasty stuff happens when you release the clutch (well… if you are using an Eaton Fuller gearbox you simply will not get back into a gear - and the gearbox will be in for a very expensive overhaul).

It might be helpful to Google ‘how a gearbox works’ and ‘how a non-synchronised gearbox works’.

Also… there were no map changes made in this update (that I’m aware of).
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
plykkegaard

#332 Post by plykkegaard » 22 Oct 2021 09:17

Cars and trucks are a bit different when it comes to CC

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Frayner

#333 Post by Frayner » 22 Oct 2021 09:24

Manual and automatic transmission CC is also different as well.
Intel i9 13900K, 32 GB RAM, MSI RTX™ 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X 24G, Bigscreen Beyond
Trippul G

#334 Post by Trippul G » 22 Oct 2021 12:42

Hi all, new here. Just wanted to contribute my thoughts regarding the 1.42 update, and the new FFB model in particular.

In my opinion, the new model is a step in the right direction for sure, but it's not quite the step up I had hoped it would be. My biggest issue is that there seems to be a sort of dead zone approximately 5 to 10 degrees to each side of center. It's not actually dead, as the wheel does respond, but it's as if the damping within that range of movement is very very low. So you'll be driving straight down the road, and if you turn the wheel slightly one way or the other, there's relatively little resistance, and then beyond that 5-10 degree range, you can feel that you're "breaking through", into the area of rotation that has stronger damping...almost like what you might feel when hitting soft lock though not as intense.

I'm open to the possibility that it could be my inability to dial in the proper settings to counteract this issue. I'm using a Fanatec CSL DD with a McLaren GT3 v2 wheel. I reset everything to default settings (both on the wheel and in game), but the steering felt far too light for my taste. That, I was able to fix fairly easily, but as I said, nothing I did seemed to eliminate that odd center "not-quite-dead-zone".
Jatruck

#335 Post by Jatruck » 22 Oct 2021 14:16

A good thing you can set the animation's degrees according to your wheel. At least one thing I can use (not Convoy nor FFB in my case). :)
Anndy

#336 Post by Anndy » 22 Oct 2021 14:20

eonellivlem wrote: 21 Oct 2021 19:02 Maybe it will take time to get used to the new FFB but as it currently is i don't liked it. Stationary the wheel feels far too heavy. I'm not tweaking the settings either as i want a realistic setting not something that maybe just feels right. In the 4 years i've had ATS this is by far the most underwhelming update. If 1.43 comes before the year is out i will cut SCS some slack, but as of now i'm disappointed.
I have the same feeling. I am disapoited. I have Thrustmaster T-GT II and the feeling is terrible.
Centering at high speed does not work properly. On every road curve I need to center wheel manualy. It is not real. (by cars in life). On old system it was enough to get hands off the steering wheel and its centering automaticaly.
Centering about low speed is more better than old version

I dont know why, but the three last "steering options" (Terrain surface vibrations, Bumbs and Collisions vibrations) are grey - why? T-GTII is not old and scrap wheel.

There are not many well-known and widespread game controllers - Gaming Steering wheels - and SCS could prepare an ideal configuration setup for each of them.
IonutL

#337 Post by IonutL » 22 Oct 2021 15:47

Those last 3 options are only available for gamepads.
Ludo Diabolo

#338 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 22 Oct 2021 17:23

@Anndy

To answer your question about the grey options, I noticed that it was only possible to modify them in the main menu without a launch profile ;) if you had a launch profile it would be grey ;) .
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
xXCARL1992Xx

#339 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 22 Oct 2021 17:28

they are gray because you as a wheel user cant use them, those 3 option are only for gamepad users (at least for Xbox One pad users, dont know other pads) and wont change anything for you
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Anndy

#340 Post by Anndy » 23 Oct 2021 09:40

ok thank you all for an explanation.

Return to “General discussion about the game”