ATS 1.42 discussion thread

Bandit & The Snowman

Re: ATS 1.42 beta discussion thread

#281 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 12 Oct 2021 14:03

I bet there will be some kind of "vectoring"/FFB. (Normally the road tells you everything you need to know...)

As for truck damage, I'd rather expect the steering to pull to a side. I don't think it becomes stiffer.
Hoffa82

#282 Post by Hoffa82 » 12 Oct 2021 14:15

I agree, I didn't mean it like a realistic effect of a damaged steering. Just as a indicator of how badly damaged the truck is in the game.
But pulling to one side would also work of course.
When in doubt, take a step back, research, use logic and see the discussion from a different angle, then.... MORE POWER!!
rad1ka1

#283 Post by rad1ka1 » 12 Oct 2021 14:23

ahersz wrote: 11 Oct 2021 17:11 So it's standard on ATS v1.41 it's normal with constant vibration without wobbling

https://youtu.be/OiT8UqoQnkI
In the current beta build, you can't adjust steering vibration and wobble separately. So unfortunately you can't make it feel like 1.41. I hope they implement vibration slider separately.
-Raiden-

#284 Post by -Raiden- » 12 Oct 2021 17:00

pigbrother wrote: 10 Oct 2021 14:42 I don’t know that, but as far as I can remember, Anthem is the only truck in ATS with this peculiarity and Mercedes New Actros is the only one in ETS2. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think the new Volvo FH had the same problem in ETS2 for some time...

For both games, this thing has been triggering me for such a long time... Especially when considering the fact that you just cannot adjust your camera position so that the steering wheel is in the center of your Screen.
No matter what you do... it's always off-center... :|

Fun fact: it hasn't always been like this. In the past, there were builds of both games, where the steering wheel was perfectly centered with the camera position. Don't know why that changed.
I personally think that SCS should bring some consistency to the default interior cam position. On some trucks it's more wide-angle, on some trucks it isn't... it's kinda weird...
SCS-trucksim veteran - ETS2: since December 2012 / ATS: since release in February 2016 / Several 18WoS parts even before that

My Photo Album (ETS2) | My American Journeys (ATS) | My WoT-profile
plykkegaard

#285 Post by plykkegaard » 12 Oct 2021 17:33

The wide angled interior is correct (build by CAD drawings), older trucks are constructed with wrong dimensions for the interior

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
dkasper00

#286 Post by dkasper00 » 12 Oct 2021 22:29

Well, after today's window update, I'm not getting stuttering anymore... Weird.
I'm passionate about Mack Trucks, grew up around them as a kid.
egulley316

HACKING CONVOY

#287 Post by egulley316 » 13 Oct 2021 05:58

I would love to know how people are getting around the 8 person limit in convoy and having as many as 32 and higher players. Somebody posted a screenshot on Facebook the other night and this has me worried. Anybody else know anything?
Vojta
SCS Software

#288 Post by Vojta » 13 Oct 2021 19:06

Code: Select all

Hi guys,

A new ATS build 1.42.0.48 is available in public_beta on Steam.

Problem description
* We have updated how mods checksum are calculated in session browser

Previous solution
* After opening convoy screen we calculated checksums for ALL mods.
* There was a blocking screen showing calculation progress.

New solution
* After convoy screen is opened, checksums are calculated on background, while player can browse server list.
*  Lobbies with mods that are not yet calculated have new animated icon. It should shop animating when processing id done.
*  Selected lobbies with mods that are not yet calculated have new description for such mod - "processing". It should change to "installed" or "wrong version" when processing id done.
*  Mods for selected lobby should be calculated with higher priority.
*  Each frame gives 40ms to calculate mods, will lower UI FPS.
*  Only after confirming lobby creation, there will be blocking screen with progress and only active mods will be calculated.
*  Changed UI of Mod sync window. All of your active mods should be on the left, not just mods which have to be unmounted (previous) + some icon/visual changes.

Something specific to test:

* Host session, cancel the hosting and start the hosting process again with a lot of mods.
* Test that modded sessions in session browser are correctly updating (no visual or other problems) with a lot of different sessions - we weren't able to test it on more than one session
-Raiden-

#289 Post by -Raiden- » 13 Oct 2021 19:14

plykkegaard wrote: 12 Oct 2021 17:33 The wide angled interior is correct (build by CAD drawings), older trucks are constructed with wrong dimensions for the interior
I already suspected something like this. Sadly the quality difference between the "trucks of the early days" and the latest truck additions is quite visible.
Too bad for someone like me who seems to be glued behind the wheel of his old W9 :? ;)

But I don't think that revisions of the old trucks are somewhere on the horizon, so I just have to deal with that.
SCS-trucksim veteran - ETS2: since December 2012 / ATS: since release in February 2016 / Several 18WoS parts even before that

My Photo Album (ETS2) | My American Journeys (ATS) | My WoT-profile
Warryor3D

#290 Post by Warryor3D » 14 Oct 2021 09:57

I just tested the BETA 1.42.0.50s. I have noticed a very positive change in the LOGITECH wheel, I see that now the centering is more realistic and the engine revs at minimum work very well. only that at times the force is deactivated and the steering wheel goes only to one side, a few seconds pass and it grabs the FFB again. But I see that you're on the right track I congratulate you, I hope you make both brands or different brands compatible with this new FFB configuration. As for the sections, I couldn't persuade anything as there weren't any at the time. I congratulate you in advance for the good effort and dedication to the new steering wheel setup and your FFB. Keep up the good work, I hope you get it right. Thanks SCSsoftware.

Return to “General discussion about the game”