Long time player - is there anything left?

Laqueesha

Re: Long time player - is there anything left?

#31 Post by Laqueesha » 23 Oct 2021 06:22

I'd go and drive the remaining half of the map that's been undriven. Maybe try out some map addition mods or fixes (like ProMods Canada and @Quaristice's Minor Urban Overhaul).
Last edited by Laqueesha on 25 Oct 2021 02:59, edited 1 time in total.
Freeze338

#32 Post by Freeze338 » 24 Oct 2021 06:42

flight50 wrote: 22 Oct 2021 15:12 ^Yeahhhhh those where tough times back then, lol. Luckily enough people showed enough interest for ATS to become a platform. To be honest, my life would have been a lot different right now had it not been for ATS being there for stress and relaxation relief. I started playing ATS well before I joined this forum. Its because I got so into this game, is the reason why I've become so active on here. Lots of ways to voice how to bring more immersion and make it more innovative. So if I can be part of that voice, I'm all in. Every years, gets better and better in ATS for me. I'd play ETS2 a bit more if the ETS2 version of the K100 gets updated like the ATS version. I can't play ETS2 with anything else than the K100 mod. I won't even attempt a default truck anymore.
Even in those times I love the game. 2 states, 2 trucks, 1:35 scale... But it's a trucking game in NA. So that's more than enough for me. I'm playing SCS games since 2004 and when SCS left NA region based truck games, I stopped playing SCS games. Even when they released ETS2, I was playing 18 Wheels of Steel American Longhaul and Across America. Then quitted completely. Even there were 4 years that I lost interest for trucks.

Then friend of mine forced me to play ETS2 in late December 2015. It wasn't a game like I expected. I played a bit and then ATS released.... OMG!!!! Never touched ETS2 for 2 years even with the ATS lacking content.
VTXcnME

#33 Post by VTXcnME » 24 Oct 2021 17:01

Drayman wrote: 22 Oct 2021 12:57 No end in sight for me. I'm at level 116, own all the garages, over 250 trucks, and running about 50 mods. At the rate of one or two states per year, SCS will not get to my state, (Maine), while I'm alive so it is very likely that I'll keep playing on as long as I can.
You and me both bud.

I look at the time frame and figure I'll be well retired and probably taking a dirt nap before they get to Maine. I'd be happy to see the east coast/new england.... but I think that's a big ask at the current rate.
flight50

#34 Post by flight50 » 24 Oct 2021 18:31

^ Well you could pack your bags and move to lets say Florida 😀. Just teasing ya. Unfortunately, Maine just might be the last state or part of the last group of states in the lower 48. I'm really hoping Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts will all be one big bundle. Zero reason why they can't be imho.

Hang around that long and ATS will be 2-3 times better than now. So sticking around to see that growth........yeah I'll be a long time player til my last days on Earth too.
plykkegaard

#35 Post by plykkegaard » 24 Oct 2021 21:45

With some luck I'll have it all before I move on

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
VTXcnME

#36 Post by VTXcnME » 25 Oct 2021 11:42

@flight50

I'm certain by the time they get to New England/Maine they'll be on a new graphics engine, real time weather, seasons, better draw distances. LOL. (I can be optimistic :lol: )

I agree, there's no reason ME/NH/VT/MA/CT/RI can't be one DLC bundled. They are land-wise similar in square mileage as some of the western bigger states. Plus that would make it easier to keep to the 10-15 cities in each DLC. You couldn't just hit capitals because they aren't always the most commercially busy (I'm thinking something like Bangor,ME / Portland,ME / Portsmouth,NH / Conway,NH / Burlington,VT / Rutland,VT / Boston,MA / Worcester,MA / Springfield,MA / Hartford,CT / Waterbury,CT / Providence,RI) And even with that kind of idea, at the current scale, those cities would be *VERY* close to each other.

I'll semi-patiently wait (but also semi-impatiently wait) for them to make their way to New England. :lol: But kudos to SCS for keeping on their goal of moving across the USA. We'll get 'em all eventually!
flight50

#37 Post by flight50 » 25 Oct 2021 13:41

Yep. I was looking at all 6 of those equallying lets say Wyoming or Colorado. Now those 6 will be more compact. As you mentioned, they are close together. So I'd give it a 12-14 month build time. Wyoming and Colorado was less than 12 months. With numbers on the ATS map team though, SCS can pull that off. But yeahhh, eventually they'll get them all......if the project can keep going. Not sure how life would be for me without a continued project. Of all the games I have, pc and PS games, I have well over 50, I'm on ATS 95% of the time. The other 5% is a mix of F1, ETS2, Project Cars or something else.

So for me, there will always be a ton of fun and excitement to look forward to each year. After Texas releases, the excitement hopefully elevates. If there is a chance to get more than 2 maps a year......after Texas releases will be that moment. I'm already looking forward to 2023 and we are not even in 2022 yet, lol. Long time player, yep that's me to a tee, lol.
VTXcnME

#38 Post by VTXcnME » 27 Oct 2021 17:23

@flight50

I would say I'm near the same. I'm on ATS 75% or more of the time I'm gaming. Others would MSFS2020, Car Mechanic Sim, F1, Assassins Creed titles.

I do dig the new roads. Texas and Montana are going to be HUGE for the games total square mileage once they are done. Driving the entire western third of the US? Awesome.

I'm excited about new roads, but I'd be really excited about economy/weather upgrades too. Hoping at some point SCS has the staff to do both.
flight50

#39 Post by flight50 » 27 Oct 2021 18:04

I totally agree on the economy and weather. Both have massive potential to elevate gameplay.
Freeze338

#40 Post by Freeze338 » 27 Oct 2021 22:30

More challenge would be really nice. I really would like to see this game become more realistic. Weather, economy, malfunctions - maintenance, ELD with driving hours, hunger thirst and having supplies for the trip. I wanna lay down my bed and look at that perspective in my cabin. Open window and hear the sounds and sleep. Wake up and inspecting my truck before I drive...

But we can't even open fog light or interior lights, I don't know which one of those would be real in time...

Return to “General discussion about the game”