Long time player - is there anything left?

94cruiser

Long time player - is there anything left?

#1 Post by 94cruiser » 09 Oct 2021 03:05

Stock game.

I have the Steam version of the game and have purchased most of the DLCs (maps and heavy cargo). Not interested in themed paint jobs.

My progress is level 18 ((second - lighter shade of purple) and tapered off there.
I have a bit over 100 deliveries, and 52% of the roads explored.

I have not done external contracts and I do not have that profile.

I own 5 garages an have hired a total of 20 drivers. (my first two hires were male and to be nice my first hire got my first truck that was nicely equipped while I moved from a Volvo VNL to a Kenworth T680).
I've decided to hire all female drivers from then on, and one of my recent hires is "Iwona B" https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP5R-A ... 6xkeGp5W4A
I decided to put her into a Cascadia 72" sleeper XT, powered by a Cummins X15 performance and mated to a 18 speed Eaton.

Most of my fleet has strong engines and transmissions with large number of ratios. Trucks are tastefully modded (mostly outside).

I have 8 trailers of various kinds and most are being used, but noone seems to like to use the Livestock trailer.

I'm kind of stuck here without further progress. I was hoping I would get a boost by hiring several drivers at once and opening up a new garage but no dice.
Thought there would be more external mods for me to upgrade the fleet with.

I would love to get my hands on a Kenworth Aerodyne K100. As a 4 or 5 year old I got this https://www.ebay.com/itm/124741464442 under the tree.

I try to visit scenic places and enjoy them, but have I "explored" and reached the peak of the game?
94cruiser

Re: Long time player - is there anything left?

#2 Post by 94cruiser » 09 Oct 2021 03:11

I've restarted the game and as it turns out I do have two mods:
Detroit Series 60 DDEC IV Add-on pack for Zeemod's Series

and
Kenworth K100-E by overfloater Metallic

but I can't find the K100 in the game...
94cruiser

#3 Post by 94cruiser » 09 Oct 2021 03:23

to add..

I have all the skilles maxed except for fuel efficiency which I'm now grinding.
Underscore_101_

#4 Post by Underscore_101_ » 09 Oct 2021 04:42

If you mean you can't find the K100 at the Kenworth dealer, you may want to look at the mod dealer.
btw, just in case, don't give anything from mods to your AI drivers.

As far as having done everything, I suppose there may be a few things left, none that i can think of as i play the game differently and don't go for goals or stop at scenic locations.
There isn't really and end game to this, it's mainly about the driving and enjoying the scenery, for me anyway, just relax, put on some music, or an interesting podcast.
Some people enjoy doing WOT contracts, specially when there are gifts to get, and there are the Steam achievements to go for of course.

For a change of scenery you could have a try at map mods, Don't know which are the good ones to get, only use Promods Canada, but i believe the ones that cross the border in the south are quite nice as well.

Or if you want something completely different in scenery and driving experience have a look at ETS2, but for an optimal experience of that you'd need at least a couple of dlc as the base game looks quite outdated, there's a free demo and like ATS it gets discounts quite regularly.
The game basics are the same, but a lot of people prefer one over the other so that proves it's different enough :-)
Izmaragon

#5 Post by Izmaragon » 15 Oct 2021 13:35

"....Anything left...?"

There is a lot to see in the game, and speaking as someone who originally got the game in Feb '16 and who has driven just about everywhere now; I hear you, its difficult for different people to continue playing for different reasons at times, be it other games, reality, time, real life, or issues within the game.

Like another poster said, ets2 offers more places to go, but the roads are more "restricted" with barriers and the like. However, ets2, you have the ability to test out different methods of garage distribution across the map along with different amounts of hired drivers per garage. I have mentioned this in other threads sometime ago, but in both games, there is a total number of drivers that comes to 351 ai drivers I think [341 maybe, somewhere around those two numbers.] I think that 80 of those are female...

And for driver hiring, I have tendency to break it down even further. Hair color, baldness, wearing glasses, hats, beards or other facial hair, known real life person, geographic cultural background. I tend to group characteristics together per garage, give them certain trucks.

As for mods, I'll use steam for the most part. The Argosy, i9800, Harvin's FLB, the k100e and others, mostly a lot of skins.

In some respects, you sound somewhat discouraged, but it seems like you're on a good track.

Other suggestions to try: A new game where you have a strict color theme for your trucks, like blue, yellow, red or orange. What tends to annoy me is the lack of matching skins for the various trailers, and so there's variation depending on the trailer types.

Anyway, I'm going through a similar phase to you, but for me its more due to game economy than other things. Good luck.
My WoT

Show trucks are working trucks, they simply do the same job in a slightly more noticeable and stylish fashion.
yukonjack_ak

#6 Post by yukonjack_ak » 15 Oct 2021 14:35

94cruiser wrote: 09 Oct 2021 03:11 I've restarted the game and as it turns out I do have two mods:
Detroit Series 60 DDEC IV Add-on pack for Zeemod's Series

and
Kenworth K100-E by overfloater Metallic

but I can't find the K100 in the game...
Well that's cause you only have a paintjob... you need to download the actual K100E truck mod. viewtopic.php?f=207&t=274886. Also, if I were to guess, that engine add-on probably doesn't work without the main Zeemods DD60 off the Workshop since it's an "add-on"...

I would recommend you look into mods to expand your playing experience since there are dozens of great trucks, maps and trailer to be had for free. Economy overhauls will make the game much tougher as well. However, I'd take some time to learn about how the mods work, what a proper load order looks like and what dependencies are before you dive in as you're already having issues with just 2 mods. Spend some time reading and asking questions over in the MODS subforum here viewforum.php?f=183
My ATS Steam Workshop
- Western Star 4900FA Patch
- Mack Anthem Bull Bars
- Cascadia Sunvisor Fix
- Sweet Bran skin for SCS Grain Hopper
flight50

#7 Post by flight50 » 15 Oct 2021 23:46

There are a few things I find odd about this thread for a long time player.

- I assume a long time player would have all dlc's if they are investing time into the game. The dlc's are get better and better. All dlc's owned is the best that ATS can offer. Missing this one or that one and you don't get the full benefit of the stock game.
- garages and drivers don't make the game interesting. The player does and its what you make it. Mods, no mods, playing style. What is your purpose for playing. Enjoy driving, love for trucks, just trying it out......If one is just a casual gamer, yes it could get boring to you as there no meaning behind it.
- Level 18......Ehhh that doesn't say that a lot is put into the game to say "is anything left". At level 18, its impossible to max out all skills if I'm not mistaking. All skills equal 30 skill points.
- exploration. That can be exhausted based on playing style until the next dlc releases. The roads do get repetitive. That's the life of a real trucker. In ATS, we actually have more diversity than most real truckers. Some truckers run the same types of cargo, same trailer types, same routes.....trucking is a tough job and many are not cut out for it. ATS offers a taste of what some real life truckers may encounter. Trucking is not for everyone just as this game may not be for everyone.

I agree with Underscore_101_. One has to go beyond the base map. Just as I mentioned above. The game's best offerings is the entire package the devs create. ETS2 is a great alternate. I always tell people to own both games anyways to get the best of both worlds. If one wants a little extra that SCS hasn't provided yet, that is where mods come into play. There are pros and cons to mods though. Not all mods are made the same. Basically meaning, there is a range of quality levels involved so choose wisely.
rookie31st

#8 Post by rookie31st » 16 Oct 2021 01:43

I completed my 730th contract in WoTr today (not counting plenty of those completed during beta tests). I have all map DLCs. I do steam achievements. There is NOTHING else left in the game for me except those achievements. I don't drive when I'm done with them until a new map comes out.

This game doesn't get mature. It doesn't evolve with the market. It gets prettier, yes. This I cannot deny, recent changes to sound and lighting were awesome. But gameplay-wise, it's a total lack of evolution. SCS needs to shake the market somehow. It's time to refresh the game and let people talk about it again.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
flight50

#9 Post by flight50 » 16 Oct 2021 05:04

I think innovation perhaps is a better term to use vs evolution. The only evolution part I'd say would be the game engine, graphics and sound. They have and are making upgrades in all that. But the innovation part, that can always bring something that is a plus. Refresh is a good word. The game should always feel something new. Each update brings something new. The more devs, the more projects can be done. But its the innovative thoughts from the community that people are expecting to see flood the games. Its a slow process but things are heading in the right direction. Somethings, most just don't see it as quick enough. Myself included at times.
Freeze338

#10 Post by Freeze338 » 16 Oct 2021 10:22

Well you missed the entire point of purpose playing this game. It's not "I finished and not gonna play until a new expansion comes". It's not something that you can beat.

-If you like trucks, you'll play.
-If you need to be relaxed, you'll play this game.
-If you wanna play a game with your friends and you don't wanna play intense games, you'll play this game. Having a conversation and being relaxed in same time.

For me ETS2 and ATS are the games that I play when I had a stressful day.
Open a music, drive my truck in the beautiful nature, take gorgeous screenshots, share a couple of them with my friends(@FloydianDude o/)

Although I really wanna see new features and the game evolves more trucking simulator than truck driving simulator. More openworld option such as entering truck stops, get your supply. Interact with your sleeper cab, having malfunctions out of nowhere just like irl, active seasons, more truck variety such as dump trucks etc.

But resources are the main problems.

Return to “General discussion about the game”