International LT - I don't get it.

pigbrother

Re: International LT - I don't get it.

#11 Post by pigbrother » 13 Oct 2021 09:16

I really doubt SCS just sits on various trucks and decides what they want next. They are working on multiple trucks, but the launch order depends only on the manufactures and other intelectual property holders approval. Some of them are fast, some of them are not. I remember Oscar telling that International are very easy to work with, so here we are.

Regarding older trucks, I wouldn’t hold my breath. At all.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Freeze338

#12 Post by Freeze338 » 13 Oct 2021 14:54

harishw8r wrote: 13 Oct 2021 04:53 Is Prostar still in production? Also 9900i had a different cab. Even the previous version of LoneStar had a different dashboard IIRC.

Edit: Prostar is no more in production. Also, the last Prostar model seems to have a similar sleeper as the current one.
It looks available on International Trucks internet page. It looks like LT. As the exterior there are minimal difference between Prostar and LT but as the interior there are differences. I don't know the internet page is outdated tho
Jatruck

#13 Post by Jatruck » 13 Oct 2021 14:56

pigbrother wrote: 13 Oct 2021 09:16 I remember Oscar telling that International are very easy to work with ...
Then hopefully we'll have the HX soon as well. :D ;)
polskagrom

#14 Post by polskagrom » 17 Oct 2021 04:20

Jatruck wrote: 13 Oct 2021 14:56
pigbrother wrote: 13 Oct 2021 09:16 I remember Oscar telling that International are very easy to work with ...
Then hopefully we'll have the HX soon as well. :D ;)
Just have to do the hood and front bumper most of the truck the is the same as LT and LoneStar.
flight50

#15 Post by flight50 » 17 Oct 2021 11:23

geebee75 wrote: 13 Oct 2021 07:50 I know thst manufacturers share cabs and components. I guess my question is, what was the point in putting a near duplicate of a truck you already have? If you want to add a truck, maybe do a newer improved model, or, do some older classics. Say, a long-nose 90’s International. Or earlier.

Seems odd having the same truck with a different hood that’s all.
In a nutshell, it boils down to taste. X company may love the LT but likes the looks of the Lonestar and vise versa. You'd be surprise how the small details matter to someone. W900 vs W990. Similar but different. If the truck was the same though, it would have the same model number or worst case, new gen update like the old VNL/Cascadia vs the new VNL/Casadia. Its really no different than some auto manufacturers. Prime example. GMC and Chevy. Take the Tahoe and the Suburban. Take the Sierra and the C or K series. Same truck design, different branding and a few other differences. It is what it is and the LT is a very necessary truck to have in the game. Its not always about what we want as fans. Its about, what are the manufacturer's current trucks in production are if SCS wants a license. Those are the trucks to get into the game first. Years of success, yes that truck line should be in the game like the WS 4900. For a new debut, that is something a manufacturer will work with SCS such as the 49x and the new DAF in ETS2.

ATS/ETS2 can be and should be viewed as marketing. Especially with covid now changing the way we do things. Any way a company can get its product out to the public, that is how you do it. SCS just so happens to be in a unique niche and its an industry in which many avenues can advertise content in the games. The social media outlets associated with gaming in general, can be more powerful than one may think. People post this stuff all over the web. Its about getting a product in eye sight to a potential client that needs that extra mile or extra cost saving to dial into their budget.
angrybirdseller

#16 Post by angrybirdseller » 17 Oct 2021 11:41

:lol: I drive international LT not bad truck. When MACK came along did not care looked like transformer to me lol. Hope to more international and kenworth trucks in the future.

Been driving International LT for last while as I like its interior and hood is off, but it feels like truck can take abuse of fast food wrappers and drink bottles.
VTXcnME

#17 Post by VTXcnME » 20 Oct 2021 13:21

JSWarrell wrote: 13 Oct 2021 01:48 Every truck manufacturer has been doing this since the dawn of time. To add to other people's examples Kenworth is among the easiest to notice this concept. Throughout many years in their production the W900, T600 and T800 all shared identical cab/sleeper systems. Even today it's still true with the T680, T880 and W990. Peterbilt, Freightliner, Western Star, they all did it at some point and continue to do it in one way or another. It's just not as noticable in the game yet with the first two models each from Peterbilt and KW having different cab designs from one another. The International LT is just the beginning.
Peterbilt and Kenworth are wonderful examples.

Both built by PACCAR, both look almost identical aside from some badging and cab configurations. Dash board/drivetrains/engine cowls they are all almost identical. The finishes might be a touch different, but the layout and configurations is almost spot on. Honestly, the only real difference I notice is I have a green dash lighting where he has tan/orangish dash lighting.
EricF

#18 Post by EricF » 21 Oct 2021 20:16

The LoneStar and the LT really are essentially the same truck platform. The LT is the general market model, which buyers can option up or down however they want. Many will go into fleet service where International has a sizeable customer base. The LoneStar is a higher-end variation of the International class 8 truck platform, with the specialty front-end tacked onto the standard cab, some specialty trim inside and outside, and a particular range of options packages tailored to the model, with a focus on particular long-haul and owner-operator preferences determined by their marketing department.

And because marketing is a key function of the LoneStar's role in the lineup, that's probably why it was the first International product they allowed SCS to license. The biggest, flashiest, marketing-friendly model. With that done and duly approved of as successful, SCS could move on to the bread-and-butter offering -- the LT.

It's all about how manufacturers do marketing and promotion.
rookie_one

#19 Post by rookie_one » 23 Oct 2021 03:19

Also ahve to remember that the LT and the Lonestar don't have access to the same engines and transmission combo. The Lt have access to the A26, which the Lonestar do not have access to
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
supersobes
Global moderator

#20 Post by supersobes » 23 Oct 2021 03:34

Which honestly makes no sense to me. Why can't the A26 be put into the LoneStar? Since it's 90% the same truck, it should be pretty easy to for them to fit it. And there's probably customers out there who would buy it.

Return to “General discussion about the game”